She needs no introduction, for she is the Latina queen ruling the world of music since the release of her first studio album in 1999. She has been the lead of numerous Hollywood rom coms, The Wedding Planner and Maid in Manhattan being my personal favorite, and has contributed immensely to the world of fashion, television and cinema. Born to Porto Rican parents in New York, she could have become a successful lawyer, but she had other plans. Moving to Manhattan was perhaps one decision well-made, she started off in tiny jobs and with a little luck, some hard work and lots of talent, the mother of two, at the age of 47 is still one of Hollywood’s sexiest singers.
[Also read : Demi Lovato]
|Name||Popular as J.Lo, the given name of this music sensation is Jennifer Lynn Lopez.|
|Birthday Date||July 24, 1969|
|Birth Place||The Bronx, New York, U.S.|
|Eye Color||Lighter brown|
|Hair Color||Chocolate Brown|
|Education||High School Graduate from Preston High School|
|Occupation||Singer, Dancer, Actress, Producer, Author, Fashion Designer, Television personality.|
|Marital Status||Divorced (She has been divorced thrice.)|
|Siblings||Elder sister Leslie Lopez and younger sister Lynda Lopez; both of them are artists too.|
|Spouse||Ojani Noa (1997 – 1998), Chris Judd (2001 – 2003), Marc Anthony (2004 – 2014)|
|Children||Maximilian David Muñiz (Son), Emme Maribel Muñiz (Daughter)|
Apart from the 3 ex-husbands, Lopez has dated David Cruz, who was also her first love. In later years she was linked to well-known Hollywood personalities like Wesley Snipes, Tommy Mottola, Diddy, Ben Affleck, Casper Smart, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, and Drake. She had a yearlong engagement with Ben Affleck and were the ‘Power-couple’ of their time. Unfortunately the engagement was called off leaving the singer heart broken. The tabloids were replete with the news of Jennifer and Drake hooking up, recently, as Drake shared a picture of the two on his Instagram feed. J.Lo, who is 17 years elder to the rapper didn’t confirm or deny the rumors and appeared quite shy discussing the same with Ellen DeGeneres at her famous talk show.
She has a body to die for and though she has never been super skinny, Lopez has been every man’s dream. She embraces her curves and flaunts them whenever she can.
|Build||Curvy and voluptuous body|
|Height||5′ 6 inches (1.68 m)|
|Weight||About 59 kg, but we all know weight keeps fluctuating.|
|Waist Size||25 inches or 66 cm|
|Hip Size||37 inches|
|Shoe Size||8.5 US|
Favorite Things and Hobbies
|Food||Fried Chicken Cutlets|
|Sport||Baseball, Tennis, Football|
|Brands||J Brand Jeans|
|Film||Prelude to a Kiss, When Harry met Sally|
First Debut: She has been on the screen since a very young age, but her first major movie debut was in Money Train that released in 1995. She started her singing career in 1999 and dropped her first studio album, On the 6.
Brand Endorsements: L’Oréal, Gucci, Gillette, JLuxe Perfume.
Carrier Achievements: 3 AMA awards, 1 Bambi Award, 2 BMI awards, 3 Billboard Music Awards. She also has 2 Guinness World Records. Jennifer got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2013.
Remuneration: $17.5 million per paycheck as reported
Net Worth: $320 million
Jennifer Lopez Weight Loss
The ‘Love Don’t Cost a Thing’ singer swears by cardio. She has included exercises like biking, boxing and running and practices them religiously in her every day activity. Jennifer knows more than work-outs and the constitution of her body and understands that repeating a certain session would turn the body immune to it. To keep her body from adapting to her regimens, she shuffles them from time to time, introduces new exercises often, keeping her body confused and responding to her efforts.
One among very few stars in the industry who is not obsessed with the idea of losing weight to get a thinner waist, Lopez deems it as energy wastage to drop weight beyond a certain look. She, in fact, suggests toning the body and achieves that extremely toned body by resorting to resistance training at least days a week. She prefers doing that under supervision and her trainer presides over the entire cycle. This not only makes her look good but leaves her feeling great.
The Latina in her doesn’t allow Jen to starve herself in order to lose weight. She believes that starving will only drain you out of energy and not help in reducing fats. Size Zero, as she says, is a fashion hoax and is long gone. Nobody fancies it these days and she loves her curves even more. Not the kind to compromise on nutrition, she eats everything demanded by the body for a proper functioning. Be it her morning coffee or grilled chicken and turkey, poached salmon fillets with non-fat cottage cheese, Jennifer deprives herself of nothing.
- Her primary diet includes loads of proteins that come from soya food and meat.
- She drinks up several bottles of water throughout the day to keep her body refreshed and cleaned.
Some Fun Facts About Jenifer Lopez
- 1.Little Jenny knew what she wanted from life from her very early years. She signed up for music and dance lesson at just 5 years old. Now that is what we called determination.
- J.Lo’s was not an overnight success story. She had to climb the ladder on entertainment biz, one step at a time. She started as a dancer in Manhattan where she often spent the night in the studio itself. Before taking to the center stage, she was one of the backup dancers The New Kids On The Block.
- It’s a little too tough for any man to overcome the strong sensuality of this Latina. So we don’t really blame Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes for hitting on Jennifer during the filming of Money train. It’s funny how both the co-stars were turned down. Sorry boys!
- I am sure the movie The Wedding Planner is one among those that you have watched a zillion times, if you too are the kind of J.Lo fan I am. The 2001 movie was one of the biggest hits of the year. What’s interesting is the week this McConaughey – Lopez starrer hit the theaters, the singer dropped her second studio album, J.Lo, both claiming the top position on the charts. Now that doesn’t happen with everyone.
- For someone trotting the globe, juggling the numerous roles of a super successful career, and adding to the allure of the most glamourous parties, it is only normal to relish a sip of wine every now and then. But how surprising is this that Jennifer doesn’t drink alcohol at all. She is always in a clear mind.
- Though she had decided on building a career in the creative industry very early in life, her parents wanted her to pursue law as her profession. On her family’s insistence, Jennifer did work in a law firm for a brief period.
- Not only does she have a great voice to bewitch the crowd, the ‘Aint your mama’ singer can imitate Rihanna’s voice flawlessly. While hosting the late night show, Saturday Night Live, she performed on the ‘We are the world spoof’ and did a fine job imitating Bad Girl RiRi’s style.
- She is the only one in the world who has earned the title of FHM’s Sexiest Woman in the World twice. No other woman has ever won it more than once, but we know Jennifer is not any other damsel and totally deserved the title twice. What do u say?
- The mother of two struggles big time with computers. Though her father was a computer professional back in the day when computers were really rare, the daughter seems to have not picked much from her father. She says she rarely goes online because she cannot make heads and tails of it.
- We all know the sexy singer is blessed with one of the best bodies in the world. But did you know that her curvy body’s strong resemblance to the curves of the guitar has won her the nick name La Guitarra?
- You may think all she does is make up, dance and sing. But she is a lover of books too and reads one whenever she gets a moment. Surprisingly, though she has survived three divorces and a broken marriage, Jennifer has not given up on love and relationships. She loves to buy and read books on relationship, maybe to find answers to her failed love life.
- Being one of the most renowned Latina in Hollywood, with two Puerto Rican parents, one might place a lot of confidence of this beauty’s bilingualism. Apparently, that’s not the case. Though Spanish is her mother tongue, the singer has a hard time speaking it.
- She became Hollywood’s highest paid actress at the time, for her role in Selena portraying the deceased Latina. Any guess what she did with that money? Bought jewelry A mansion? No!!! She bought a brand new Cadillac for her mother – now that’s like a darling daughter, isn’t it?
And here we have reached the end of our little article on the Pop diva. How inspired are you and what part of her life are you going to follow now?
Images Source: pinterest