Stark black hair can be stunning, especially with our Indian skin tone. But unless you take good care of your mane, your gorgeous black hair can turn into a dull, lifeless mess. To avoid such a nightmarish scenario, you need to know how to take care of black hair and of course follow some natural hair care tips.
Here Are Some Black Hair Tips
So many factors, from too much sun exposure, to work stress, to being sick, can take a toll on your hair. Don’t let any such things to strip away the shine from your hair, leaving it looking dry and limp. Follow our black hair tips to keep your hair in superb condition, looking soft and with a midnight black hue.
Make Some Changes To Your Lifestyle
What many people do not seem to realize is that their lifestyle actually plays a huge role when it comes to the health of their hair. Your lifestyle can favourably or adversely affect how your hair looks and feels. We have listed some of the bad triggers here. Take a look and see how many of them apply to your lifestyle.
[Also Read: Turmeric For Hair Care]
- Lack of sleep
- Alcohol consumption
- Use of too many hair styling products
- Poor diet
[Also Read: Saw Palmetto Oil For Scalp]
If any or all of these apply to you, then it is time for you to make some major lifestyle changes. Adequate sleep, a relaxed mind and a healthy body are all factors that make up the natural black hair care tips list. So make the necessary changes to see an improvement when it comes to your mane issues.
Change Your Eating Habits
When it comes to natural black hair care tips, one of the most influential aspects is your diet. What you ingest will reflect how you look on the outside. For instance, we know that eating a lot of greasy, fatty foods can lead to breakouts. But did you know that it can also lead to hair breakage and hair fall? This is because when your body does not get the nourishment it needs, it starts to neglect what it considers unimportant components and starts to push whatever nourishment it does get towards the more important or vital components.
[Also Read: Argan Oil Hair Mask]
What this means is that, when your food habits are unhealthy, your body is starved for nourishment. Whatever nourishment it gets goes towards enriching your organs such as the heart and kidneys, while your skin, hair and nails suffer from a lack of nourishment. To break this cycle you need to give your body all the nourishment it needs. So eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and make sure you get all the vitamins that you need.
Natural Hair Care Tips
[Also Read: Natural Conditioners For Oily Hair]
- A once a week hot oil treatment with olive or coconut oil will help keep you scalp and hair nourished.
- If you suffer from dandruff, try using natural remedies such as neem and mint instead of using dandruff shampoos. This is because dandruff shampoos tend to be harsh on your hair and can make your hair extremely dry and brittle.
[Also Read: Multani Mitti For Hair Growth]
- If you are someone who shampoos their hair every day, then try to cut down slowly. Go from daily shampooing to thrice a week or twice a week. Shampooing every day can result in your hair follicles getting damaged, not to mention that your scalp will be stripped of its natural oils.
- Avoid using a blow dryer to dry your hair. Regular blow drying can lead to a dry scalp and split ends. So towel dry and let your hair air-dry naturally as much as possible.
- Never brush your hair when it is wet. Your hair is most fragile when it is wet. So let it dry completely before you take a comb or brush to it.
[Also Read: Natural Hair Maintenance Tips]
- As for black hair tips for growth, apart from using amla and curry leaves in your haircare regime, make sure you also ingest them. What you eat will reflect on how your hair looks. Amla and curry leaves are great for black hair as they keep it shiny and prevent premature greying. So make them a regular addition to your diet.
[Also Read: Tips to Take Care of Your Coloured Hair]
Now that you’ve read our natural black hair care tips, go ahead and make some changes to get that shiny, glossy black hair that you always wanted.