Hit your menopause and it is time for the body to be taken care off on an extra note – plethora of ailments and health concerns, some of them too embarrassing to speak about. Suffer not in silence ladies; you’ve come a long way and have dealt with it all – vaginal dryness isn’t an issue to be embarrassed about – as women, we all face the condition, post menopause.
It isn’t as simple as you thought it to be
Lack of vaginal lubrication isn’t as simple as we assumed it to be – not when your man finds it tough to make sizzling love with you and you have to bear the pain; thanks to the rigidity and dryness around the vaginal lips.
A very delicate organ as it is, the vagina can suffer damages sans the use of lube – sexual intercourse with plenty of friction can cause the walls of the vagina to rupture, cut and bleed – painful and can be home to various diseases and infections, if left untreated too.
[Also Read: How to Get Rid of Bacterial Vaginosis]
However, all hope is not lost – here are a few natural home remedies that you could try to make the vagina moist – learn more!
[Also Read: How to Tighten Vaginal Walls]
Before we tell you how
Remember ladies, lubrication of the vagina is possible when the glands in the cervix are active. It is from here that the moisture produced by the glands travel way down towards the cervix and enters the canal of the vagina – dead cells are thus removed from the vaginal walls, and the canal is kept clean too.
Your vagina must have enough of lubrication while the penetrative act of sex happens – helps bring down the pain and discomfort caused due to the pounding. The Bartholins gland which is near the vaginal opening helps produce extra lube when we women are aroused. This is one of the reasons why ‘foreplay’ involving the vagina is so important – the act motivates moistening to happen, making sex a pleasure to enjoy!
Home remedies for vaginal lubrication
1. Bring in a lot of omega 3 fatty acid based foods into your diet from now on – raw pumpkin, sunflower seeds, mackerel, tuna or salmon and even sesame seeds too – helps cure the vaginal dryness issue over time!
2. Vitamins B and A along with Beta Carotene are best supplements to consume- high concentration of essential fatty acids in them helps with the dryness issue too.
3. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day – reduce coffee and alcohol consumption as much as possible; even aerated drinks too – culprits of vaginal dryness.
4. Herbal cosmetics – soaps and creams should be used while washing the vaginal zone. The Ph balance of the area would be intact and the dryness effect would come down too.
5. Stop douching – vaginal douching is a NO-NO when dryness attacks.
6. Olive oil for centuries has been used as the best and the closest remedy to a woman’s vaginal moistening. A teaspoon of olive oil rubbed twice a day around the vagina pre-bath would be a good option to check with. Source:
7. Watch movies that turn you on before the act of making love. This helps increase the blood flow near the genitals; lubes the vagina too.
8. Brisk walking for half an hour and then straight to the act of sex post the walk would help keep a check on hormonal activity.
[Also Read: Home Remedies For Vaginal Itching]
9. Bananas and the aroma of the fruit would help increase blood flow towards the pelvic zone- helps bring down the dryness as well.
10. Most dairy produce and nuts would have L-ARGININE in them; a supplement much needed to increase arousal and to bring down vaginal dryness.
11. Sex early in the morning between 4am to 9am is considered to be the best – your hormones are best working at those times.
We hope you’ve found these remedies helpful just by reading them – if after trying any of them, you still find the issue persisting, please speak to your OP-GYN and check for any other underlying issues and causes.
Stay healthy and stay happy!