She is fondly called PeeCee. She won the Miss World crown in 2000, when she was all of 17. She started as a Bollywood star, but is today most loved as Hollywood star. She is slaying red carpets, inspiring millions the world over by setting new trends each day. Our desi girl has won hearts in her strapless gowns, sheer gowns, sequined dress, velvet dress, formal suits, couture gowns and many more. One can never have one’s fill knowing the sensational and desi-born international star Priyanka Chopra.
About Priyanka Chopra:
Priyanka Chopra Biography is going to be exciting. She was born to physician parents Madhu Chopra and Ashok Chopra (an army man and a Punjabi from Ambala) who moved quite a bit as she grew up. Traveling from one place to another worked in favour for Priyanka as few years down the line, she was all set to become a global bird.
Priyanka Chopra Age & Other Details:
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1982 [celebrity_age_calc data=”1982-07-18″]|
|State||Bihar (now Jharkhand)|
Childhood Things: Priyanka Chopra was schooled in different cities across India. So, she had the travel bug at an early age. At the age of 13, she was sent to the United States for further studies. Abroad in America, PeeCee took keen interest in dancing and singing activities, besides academics. In the heart of heart, she wanted to be a criminal psychologist or an aeronautical engineer. When she came back to India, she took part in the Femina Miss India contest. And the rest is history.
First Ad: Dabur Vatika hair oil
First Movie: The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003)
Childhood achievements with age: Priyanka was an artist since her childhood days. When she was in Army School of Bareilly, she won ‘May Queen’ beauty contest. After winning this competition, Priyanka’s interest began to grow in this field. Few years later, she bagged the crown of Miss World in 2000. Despite being dark-skinned, her courage and determination opened a world of success and new possibilities for her. As a child she loved to play in the valleys of Leh (the cold desert region of Jammu & Kashmir).
She once said, “I think I was in Class 4 when I was in Leh. My brother was just born. My dad was in the army and was posted there. I stayed in Leh for a year and my memories of that place are tremendous … We were all army kids there. We weren’t living in houses, we were in bunkers in the valley and there was a stupa right on top of a hill which used to overlook our valley. We used to race up to the top of the stupa”.
Which age she was Famous: At the young age of 18, Priyanka Chopra won the Femina Miss India contest in 2000, where lo and behold Shah Rukh Khan was one of the judges.
Road to Fame:
Many of you must be under the impression that Priyanka Chopra entered stardom with her Bollywood debut film The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003). But she made her debut with a Tamil film Thamizhan the same year in 2003. Let us browse through her fame-list which is taller than her height:
|2000||Won the Femina Miss India and Miss World titles. Priyanka Chopra is the 5th Indian contestant to win the Miss World and the 4th one to do so in seven years|
|2008||National Award-Best Actress for her role in the film ‘Fashion’|
|2009||Played 12 different characters representing each zodiac sign in the film ‘What’s Your Rashee?’|
|2010||Became an ambassador for UNICEF|
|2012||Released her first single ‘In My City’ in US|
|2013||Pepsi’s advertising star in the 2013 IPL|
|2015||Priyanka Chopra became the first South Asian actress to star in an American network drama series ‘Quantico’ for which she bagged the People’s Choice Award for favorite Actress In A New TV Series|
|2016||Second People’s Choice Award for Favorite Dramatic TV Actress for ‘Quantico’|
Winning Miss India and Miss World titles opened the doors for PeeCee in Bollywood and beyond.
- Priyanka Chopra did her schooling from La Martiniere Girls’ School, Lucknow and St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly.
- At the age of 13, she went to America and lived with her aunt to pursue her further studies.
- Abroad, Piggy Chops continued her education in Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts where she studied for three years. Thereafter, she studied in John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. She also participated actively in extra-curricular activities like Western Classical Music and Kathak dance.
- After that, she came back to India where she took admission in the Army School of Bareilly to complete her high school education.
- PeeCee did her college education from Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai.
Priyanka Chopra has donned multiple hats – actress, singer, film producer, model and philanthropist. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas tied knot at the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, India.
Priyanka Chopra is a born performer and achiever. In her career span, she has won a total of 131 awards. Her name has been included in the ‘Hundred Most influential People in the World’ by TIME magazine in 2016. Here is a round-up of the award-list of Priyanka Chopra, year wise:
- 2000 – Won the Femina Miss India World title. And then the coveted title of Miss World and Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty – Asia & Oceania fell on PeeCee’s lap at the Millennium Dome in London on November 30.
- 2003 – Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the film ‘Andaaz’. Also, a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- 2004 – Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role for the film ‘Aitraaz’. Also, got nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress and the Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
- 2008 – National Film Award for Best Film Actress, the Filmfare Award for Best Actress, the IIFA Award for Best Actress, the Screen Award for Best Actress and the Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the film ‘Fashion’.
- 2009 – Second consecutive Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role after the film Fashion; and Best Actress nominations at the Filmfare, Screen and IIFA awards.
- 2009 – Nomination for Screen Best Actress award for her role in the film ‘What’s Your Rashee?’ Did you know for this film, Priyanka Chopra’s name was considered to be included in the Guinness World Records book for being the first film actress to portray 12 different characters in one film?
- 2011 – Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for ‘7 Khoon Maaf’. Also, nominated for the Filmfare Award, IIFA Award, Producers Guild Film Award, and Screen Award for Best Actress.
- 2012 – Best Actress nominations at the Filmfare, Screen, IIFA and Producers Guild Film Awards for the film ‘Barfi!’. The film was also chosen as India’s entry to the 85th Academy Awards.
- 2014 – Screen Award for Best Actress for the film ‘Mary Kom’, the Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- 2015 – Nominated for a Screen Award, IIFA Award, and Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress for the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 2015 – The Filmfare Award, the IIFA Award, and Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Bajirao Mastani’. PeeCee also got a nomination for the Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
Always on trend, in fact, trendsetter. That is the best way to sum up Priyanka Chopra Fashion Profile. From winner of Miss World to the daring fashion favorite we know today, Priyanka has dressed in stunning fashion labels and styles with ease and aplomb. Her style makeover from a Jamshedpur-born lass to Quantico-star is every girl’s dream.
Let us check out Priyanka Chopra Fashion Profile and style makeover over the years from ornate saris to red carpet gowns, cocktail dresses, pointed stilettoes and more.
December 8, 2012: PeeCee looked glam at the closing ceremony of the 12th International Marrakech Film Festival held in Marrakech (Morroco).
January 20, 2014: The Bollywood-turned-Hollywood sensation PeeCee attending the ‘GUESS Loves Priyanka’ VIP Dinner in London in a nude bustier dress.
February 8, 2015: Desi girl attending the Warner Music Group annual Grammy celebration at Chateau Marmont, California in a sparkling black dress with sheer panels.
April 15, 2015: At the Grazia Young Fashion Awards 2015 in a long-sleeved Ashi Studio Couture gown featuring a cinched waist and full black skirt, black Dior pumps with blue sequins.
January 9, 2016: At the 2016 Winter TCA Tour – Disney/ABC in California in a black dress with cut-outs asymmetrical.
February 28, 2016: At the 88th Annual Academy Awards in a sheer strapless white gown by Zuhair Murad.
April 12, 2016: Priyanka Chopra at the Padma Awards ceremony in New Delhi where she received the Padma Shri from President Pranab Mukherjee.
September 19, 2016: PeeCee dazzled in red at the 68th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards 2016 held in Los Angeles. The Jason Wu breezy gown complemented well with a low ponytail, a pair of stud earrings and bright red lips upped Priyanka’s fashion game to applause.
February 26, 2017: Walking the red carpet at the 89th Annual Academy Awards in Hollywood is Priyanka in a white geometric gown by Ralph & Russo.
May 1, 2017: Priyanka Chopra virtually slayed the fashion world in her pretty bold Ralph Lauren trench coat gown which had the longest train ever on the red carpet of 2017 Met Gala at NYC’s Metropolitan Museum of Art. Silver earrings, black booties, messy top knot and smokey eye makeup were the finishing touches. The best was when she posed with her future hubbie Nick Jonas who wore Ralph Lauren Purple Label.
May 2, 2018: A sunset yellow crop top, close-fitting with crew neck paired with oversized navy blue denim baggy palazzo was enough to make Piggy Chops the sunshine girl. Crop top by Ganni, jeans by Frame Denim, shoes by Fendi and sunglasses from Vogue x Gigi eyewear.
May 7, 2018: Dressed in crimson red Ralph Lauren gown in velvet and gold embroidered hood with Swarovski crystals and beadwork, and Cartier jewels. Priyanka Chopra looked phenomenal at the annual Met Gala 2018.
May 19, 2018: Here she is, Mrs. Nick Jonas at the wedding of Meghan Markle-Prince Harry at Windsor Castle in a muted lavender skirt and blazer by Vivenne Westwood paired with an elegant floral fascinator.
When it comes to magazine covers, Priyanka Chopra has proved she deserves the title of ‘world’s most beautiful’. Here are some magazine covers for international magazines where PeeCee looked breathtakingly beautiful.
You must be dying to know the beauty products PeeCee uses. Here they are – the most popular of them are mentioned below.
- Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
- Chanel Le Blanc Intense Brightening Foam Cleanser
- MAC Cosmetics Green Gel Cleanser (contains cucumber and algae extracts)
- Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate
- Chanel Hydrating Cream
- Diptyque L’Ombre Dans L’Eau Body Lotion
- StriVectin Eye Concentrate For Wrinkles
- SK-II Facial Treatment Mask
PeeCee’s favorite makeup artist? For the Sept 2016 cover of FLARE (Canada’s fashion magazine), Mario Dedivanovic was the legendary makeup artist for the shoot.
Priyanka Chopra Makeup Tips:
Her makeup skills are all on point. That’s why she looks Instagram-perfect all the time.
Though sghe prefers the Metallic makeup in the day, also making it a trend among young women.
She prefers Matte Lipstick and is often seen with mascara making this her favorite go to combination.
We all must be eager to know about Priyanka Chopra Fitness Secrets. What does she eat and drink to boast of such an impressive figure? As for Priyanka Chopra Height it is 5 feet 61/2 inches and Priyanka Chopra Weight is 55 kg. For all weight-watchers, Priyanka Chopra Diet Plan includes coconut water after every two hours, a glass of skimmed milk, veggies, fruits, two eggs or oatmeal, dal, salads, soup, Turkey sandwich, grilled chicken or fish. Her exercise regimen includes running on treadmill for 15 minutes, yoga, push-ups and reverse lunges, resistance training, running, etc.
Priyanka Chopra has been the face of prestigious brands. The list is as under:
- Assam Tourism
- Nirav Modi Jewels
- Dabur Vatika Hair Oil
- Blenders Pride
- Rajnigandha Silver Pearls
- Schmitten Luxury Chocolates
- Appy Fizz
- TAG Heuer
Apart from the above, PeeCee is the Global Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF.
Priyanka Chopra is the proud recipient of 2 People’s Choice Awards out of the 126 awards won. But what is heartening to know that in 2017 she got the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice for her philanthropic work.
Social Official Profiles:
Priyanka Chopra Social Profiles will show you how blessed she is with love from fans across the globe. Here are the official account URLs of her social media platforms:
Feisty, fearless and fabulously talented, this is Priyanka Chopra Fashion Profile for you. Love her, admire her or be her fan follower, you can’t just ignore her. Tell us how you found this article in the comments below.
Images Source: Official instagram profiles of the celebs/designers mentioned with in the article.