When you are getting ready for school, you need a hairstyle which is simple, neat, at the same time cool enough to help you stand out from the crowd. The girl’s hairstyles for school you make should go with any outfit and look good for all types of hair. What you need is just a few minutes to do so.
While long and short hair is like having two extremes, cute and easy hairstyles for medium length hair for school is go-to fashion for girls. Let’s get to know about the variety of school hairstyles for medium hair and you will be gaga over them.
1. Side Braid:
- In this simple hairstyle for school, brush your hair to the side (left or side). Both ways it looks fine (also depends on your preference which side you want to keep your hair on).
- Braid your hair over your shoulder. You can keep them loose or tight.
- Now it’s time to use bobby pins and hairspray. This will keep your hair secured.
- It will also ensure your braid doesn’t fall out over the course of the day.
2. Crossover Clip:
- Gather two sections at the top of your hair.
- Now cross these sections at the back of your head.
- Pin them back by using a crossover clip.
- Position the clip in a horizontal fashion so as to clip back the strands of hair.
- Let the rest of your hair down.
- You can curl them, keep them straight or let them stay natural.
3. Fishtail Braid:
- Section your hair into two when going for one of the cutest girl’s hairstyles for school.
- Do comb your hair so that they remain tangle-free.
- Move a hair strand from the right section to the left.
- Now cross a strand from the left section to the right.
- Keep crossing hair strands back and forth.
- As you move down your hair end, you will see a fishtail pattern emerging.
- Secure the end with a ponytail holder.
4. Sock Bun Curls:
- Cut the toe end of any long pair of old socks.
- Roll the sock down so that it looks like a ‘donut’.
- Spray your hair with water.
- Pull your hair up into a high ponytail and then tie an elastic.
- Now pull your ponytail through the rolled sock.
- Smooth your hair over the sock.
- Secure the bun at the base of your ponytail.
- Let your hair dry in the bun.
- You can even sleep in it.
- Take your hair out of the sock.
- You will notice your hair will be looking slightly curly.
- Bingo! Your job to get stylish school hairstyles for medium hair is done.
5. Classic Ponytail:
- First, decide between a “messy” or “sleek” ponytail.
- If you want a neat and sleek ponytail, brush and straighten your hair.
- If a messy ponytail is on your mind, then let your hair remain in the natural state.
- Gather all your hair at the back of your head. You can decide on the height (low, medium or high).
- To prevent any bumps, comb your hair. You can also run your fingers through your hair when you are gathering them in a ponytail.
- Secure your hair with an elastic band.
- Why not try out a ‘cool’ twist? From your ponytail, take a thin strand of your hair. Wrap it around the elastic tie. Then secure it with bobby pins. This will give you a neat and elegant look.
- And this is one of the classic girl’s hairstyles for school and it is super attractive-looking too!
6. Half Ponytail:
- Separate your hair into two layers – a top layer and a bottom layer.
- Tie the top layer of your hair with an elastic tie.
- Let the rest of your hair fall down. You can let them stay natural, or curl or straighten them. It’s your wish.
- In the front, put some colorful clips (perfect to make you look like a cute school girl).
- This is one of the most popular girl’s hairstyles for school.
- To make this simple hairstyle for school, part your hair. You can do a center parting or side parting (whichever you like most).
- Tie one section using a clip or hairtie.
- Braid the first section of parted hair with an elastic band.
- Then do the same with the second section.
8. Half Ponytail And Twirled:
- Divide your hair into a top and bottom layer.
- Pick the top layer and leave out two strands to hang by either side of your ears.
- Tie up the rest of your hair in a ponytail at the back.
- Twist the two strands lightly so that they remain twirled.
- Secure the twirled locks at the top of your head with hairpins.
9. Side Ponytail:
- There are two options you can explore – neat side or a messy side ponytail.
- Brush all of your hair to one side (irrespective of the neat or messy side you choose).
- Gather your hair in a ponytail and tie it low so that it hangs over your shoulder.
- Tie your hair with a hairtie.
- Use hairpins to secure any loose strands.
10. Layered Ponytail:
- Want to try out something nice and different?
- The layered ponytail is one of your cutest and easiest hairstyles for medium length hair for school.
- To get this, divide your hair into 4 sections.
- Remember to have these sections arranged in a line and on top of one another. Starting from the crown until the nape of your neck.
- Tie the first section into a ponytail.
- Then tie the second section into a ponytail, adding the first ponytail.
- Repeat this technique with all other sections.
- You now get a layered look, much better than a regular ponytail.
11. Elvis Presley Quiff:
- Brush your hair to make it tangle-free.
- Make 3 even ponytails out of your hair as shown.
- Leave some hair out at the top of your head.
- Each ponytail should go down the head, not across.
- Open the first ponytail, then backcomb it to create texture and volume.
- Keep backcombing it till the hair tuft stands up.
- Clip it near the top of your head. Follow it up by doing some hairspray.
- Now comb the loose hair on top over the backcombed section.
- Then smooth it over the backcombed section very lightly with a comb.
- Undo your ponytails and comb your hair in the back.
Hope you will love to get back to doing school hairstyles for medium hair. Write in and tell us which of these simple hairstyles for school you like the most.