How do you fuel and power your diva-like day? Just with a glass of milk, few meals, some fruits, and fast food snack items. Don’t you think you need the right amount of protein powder to aid your weight loss, muscle gain, and improve your athletic performance? With the 7 best protein powder for women listed below, your wishes will now be granted.
First, I will clarify the air on protein powder for women. Those of you who think that protein powders are associated with sportsmen are right. However, they are fast becoming popular among health-conscious women too. You will be surprised to learn that protein powders are now being marketed specifically to and for women.
So, cheers to protein powders for women’s health!
Benefits Of Consuming Protein Powder:
Oh, there are many!
Whey Protein is the best and the most popular protein powder in the world.
The protein powder benefits can ideally be summed up as the following:
- Promotes muscle growth
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Helps control blood pressure
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Controls hunger pangs
- Aids in reducing inflammation
- Helps manage inflammatory bowel disease
- Strengthens the body’s antioxidant defense
- Helps you lose weight
The next section helps us identify the best protein powders for women.
Top Protein Powders For Women:
As mentioned above, the most common protein powder is ‘Whey Protein’. But since it has a dairy- origin it may not be the best option for those who follow a vegan or dairy-free diet. Worry not. They can go for formulas that use vegetables (peas, greens, and more) to increase their protein intake. Apart from whey protein and vegan items, there are some protein powder options in between.
While choosing protein powders for women, you have to decide between the taste and your dietary preference. Here are the best protein powders for women to buy – ranging from muscle building protein powders to super green meal replacements.
1. Bodylogix Natural Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder:
Voted: ‘Best Overall’
- Sourced from grass-fed cows
- It contains 100% whey protein
- Provides 24g of protein per serving
- Has no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
- Produced in a peanut-free facility
- Available in multiple sizes including 1.6lb, 1.85lb, and 4lb.
- Flavors offered: Caramel Chocolate, Decadent Chocolate, Unflavored, Vanilla Bean, and Snickerdoodle
2. FitMiss Delight Protein Powder:
Voted: ‘Best for Weight Loss’
- Boosts your weight loss needs
- Is a vegetable-based protein supplement its ingredients include flaxseed, broccoli, spinach, etc.
- This is one of the best protein powders for women has Solathin®, a vegetable-based protein clinically proven for controlling appetite
- A unique blend of fruits and vegetables which help you feel full faster
- Provides 16g of protein per 1 scoop
- Gluten-free and low carb
- Contains Milk and Soy
- Available in flavors like Cappuccino, Chocolate Delight, Vanilla Chai, Blue Raspberry, Strawberry Margarita, and Fruit Punch
3. Klean Athlete Klean Isolate:
Voted: ‘Best for Athletes’
- Best protein powder for women athletes
- The whey protein in it provides the much-needed amino acids for muscle building
- Can be digested easily
- Replenishes you with electrolytes (i.e. sodium and potassium) after a major sweat session
- Can be mixed with sports drinks, juices, smoothies or food.
- Contains NO artificial sweeteners
- Provides 20g of protein per 1 scoop
- Contains NO yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, starch, artificial coloring, artificial preservatives, artificial flavoring
- Flavor options include: Chocolate, Vanilla, Original
4. Garden Of Life Raw Organic Fit High Protein For Weight Loss:
Voted: ‘Best Vegan’ protein powder option
- Best bet for a vegan lifestyle
- Sources of protein include peas, seeds, legumes, and sprouted organic greens.
- Great for pre- or-post-workout
- Has organic Ashwagandha to control cortisol levels (which add to belly fat) and curb stress-related eating disorders.
- Also, has Svetol Green Coffee Bean Extract that helps burn body fat
- Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Vegan, Kosher Certified, Dairy-free, Soy-free
- Provides 28g of protein per 1 scoop
- Flavor options include: Chocolate, Vanilla, Coffee, Original
5. Julian Bakery Paleo Egg White Protein Powder:
Voted: ‘Best Egg-Based’ protein powder
- It is a Soy-free Egg White Protein
- It has two ingredients: Egg White Powder and Sunflower Lecithin
- Makes superb shakes!
- Provides 25g of protein per 1 scoop. Egg whites added in it are of the highest grade
- Flavors available are: Chocolate, Double Chocolate, Espresso, Vanilla, Vanilla Nut, Blueberry Tart, Cinn Roll, Coconut Cream, Glazed Donut, Plain, Unflavored Egg White
- To enjoy one of the top protein powders in the best way, mix it with coconut milk or almond milk. You can also add it to your muffin and cookie mix to up your protein intake in a delicious way.
6. NAKED RICE – Organic Brown Rice Protein Powder:
Voted: ‘Best Brown Rice Protein’
- 100% Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein
- Perfect for vegan girls
- Contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors
- GMO-free, Soy-free, and Gluten-free.
- Provides 25g of protein per 2 scoops
7. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein Powder:
Voted: ‘Best Casein’
- The casein in this protein powder for women boosts muscle rebuilding and aids weight management by keeping you fuller for longer
- Provides women 60 percent of their daily amount of calcium
- Flavors available include: Natural French Vanilla, Creamy Vanilla, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Supreme, Natural Chocolate Creme, Cookies and Cream
- Drink it before bed or between meals
- Provides 24g of protein per 1 scoop.
How To Consume Protein Powders?
Either mix it with water or milk or add it to smoothies and yogurts.
The recommended dosage is 25-50 grams per day (meaning 1-2 scoops). Ask your doctor or nutritionist before adding protein powders to your health regimen. They are the best people to give you dosage instructions.
So which of these best protein powder for women do you want to try and why? Have you tried any protein powder before? Feel free to share your feedback and opinion with us.