2016 has seen some of the eyeball-grabbing magazine covers of the fashion industry. What sets this year’s magazine covers from any other was the pleasant diversification. We had more non-white faces gracing the covers of the glossies than last year and that would include your favorite names like Selena Gomez, Priyanka Chopra and … well, let’s get into the details and find out – shall we?
- The “Hands to myself” singer was stunning on the cover of Marie Clair’s June edition. The 23-year-old is blessed with gorgeous skin and was glossy in her no-make-up look. The red and black striped dress that was completed with a pair of sultry finger gloves made from the same fabric made us see the singer in a new light.
- For the first time ever the Duchess consented to appear on the cover of any glossy and honored the June 2016 edition of British Vogue. In her very natural self, to celebrate the mag’s 100 years, Kate Middleton was captured in her vibrant smile. She kept the look simple in a white colored shirt and brown jacket. In an attempt to keep the look simple, the princess, much like Sel Go in the above cover, wore nude makeup.
- That one name despite being new in the fashion area this year, making one headline after the other was Gigi Hadid’s little sister Bella Hadid. Bella made her Vogue debut this year through Vague Turkey’s May edition. She was a goddess in her white separates the comprised a lace skirt and off shoulder crop top. With diamond jewelry all over and nude pink lipstick the only hint of color on the cover were her true red nails.
- As we mentioned, given the incredible loss Hollywood has suffered this year, if there is any reason for celebrating 2016 is the acceptance of diversity. The charming smile and energetic look of Viola Davis on the purple cover of Instyle magazine’s January edition was gorgeous and nothing like the magazine’s earlier covers.
- 2016 was a great year for Priyanka Chopra. Not only did she scale heights in her career that no other Bollywood actress has seen yet, in a foreign land, she became a global name in the truest sense of the term. With her exotic beauty, she was one face that graced multiple glossy covers within and outside her home nation. We have picked the October cover of W magazine that came out in the US, Emirates woman from September 2016, Maxim’s August cover released in Indonesia and the September 2016 cover of Flair magazine.
[Also Read: Bollywood Magazine Covers]
- The queen of reality television made a second attempt at breaking the internet past July by stripping down for the cover of GQ magazines. Her alluring curves with just a leather jacket keeping the privates from the public eye succeeded in setting the glossy ablaze. You may hate the woman or you may love her, either ways you can never –just never- ignore her.
- The next member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan to rule the covers this year was Kendall – like you didn’t see this one coming!!! The month of October was a special one for Kendall for she featured not on one but four international editions of Vogue. The one we picked for your eyes is the Spain edition where the VS model looks fiery is her ruffled top. We are loving the bold red on her lips with clear makeup free porcelain skin.
- But the title of the year’s most-booked cover model was bagged by the ever so glamorous Gigi Hadid. The ‘It girl’ of the fashion world shone on several glossies, but the one to win our heart was the December cover of Vogue Japan. “My Princess” read the cover in English and we are taking an educated guess that it referred to the 21-year-old beauty. With her golden locks framing her face and winged liner that could kill, Gigi looks no less than a princess on Vogue’s cover.
- The lavender cover of British Bazaar’s September issue framed a dazzling image of Rosie Huntington Whiteley. The English model was angelic in her nude ruffled gown and beachy waves. The inside pages present a heart-to-heart with Rosie and her posture on the cover suggests she was beyond comfortable sharing her little secrets with us.
- This woman is not only the hottest comedian in the US, she is also the one to be working greatly toward body positivity and rebuilding a regular sized woman’s confident. But there are more dimensions to her personality that were revealed in the May issue of Vanity Fair, in a scarlet leotard, she looked ravishing on its cover.
The mag covers this year covered models, actresses, comedians and business women who were successful in shattering the glass ceiling and doing great in their respective fields and it was a wonderful experience knowing the success stories from them.