Having a hectic day? Looking for some reprise? Well, we know what might just pump you up! A cup of black coffee could just do wonders. Other than re-charging-tired souls, the Black Coffee Benefits are tremendous.
When consumed the right way, a cup of black coffee can help in healing from within. It boosts memory, is beneficial for liver, helps in weight loss, and is also a powerhouse of antioxidants. Let us find out more about coffee health.
List Of Health Benefits Of Coffee:
Loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, black coffee should be your new health pursuit, if not yet. There are uncountable benefits of Black for health. At the same time, make sure it is taken in moderate quantity since it has caffeine.
1. Increases Alertness:
When feeling drowsy, a cup of coffee can be your best wake-up call. Caffeine is a smart way to knock the feeling of getting into a slumber.
- Caffeine gets into the brain easily and affects brain cells in a positive way.
- Coffee improves mental alertness.
2. Improves Memory:
With growing age, the memory power in humans and cognitive skills decline. This ups the risk of Parkinson’s disease and dementia. A cup of black coffee boosts your memory and enhances brain function.
- Black coffee when taken regularly reduces Parkinson’s risk by 60 percent.
- It helps our brain and nerves stay active during the day.
3. Improves Stamina:
Ever wondered why your personal trainer asks you to sip black coffee before coming over to the gym? Because a cup of black coffee helps improve performance during workouts.
- Coffee helps you give your 100 percent during workouts.
- Helps your body release adrenaline into your bloodstream which in turn prepares your body for physical exertion.
- Breaks down body fat and releases it into the bloodstream in the form of fatty acids which acts as a fuel for your physical activities
4. Improves Liver Health:
Being the largest organ of the human body, liver manages over 500 functions of your body, all of them vital. The fact that liver loves black coffee might be known to most of you.
- Coffee helps fight liver-related diseases like fatty liver, hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver cancer.
- Drinking four cups of black coffee everyday lowers the risk of liver.
5. Aids Weight Loss:
When you drink a cup of black coffee half an hour before your workouts, it will help you spend more time in the gym burning calories, thus inducing weight loss.
- Black beverage like this coffee, boosts your metabolism by 50 percent helping you burn belly fat.
- It also stimulates your nervous system to break down fat cells
6. Reduces The Risk Of Diabetes:
Diabetes is an ailment which affects millions across the globe. It can also increase the risk factor of other health problems. When you drink black coffee daily, it can help you tackle the menace of diabetes effectively.
- Both regular and decaffeinated coffee helps keep diabetes at bay
7. Reduces Stress:
Stress and depression are a part of life. If left untreated, it can fuel many other health ailments. Black coffee uplifts the mood and makes you feel better.
- Black Coffee stimulates your nervous system to produce happy hormones in the body which helps keep away stress and depression
8. Cleanses Stomach:
Intake of unhealthy foods upsets our stomach by filling it with toxins. Black for health meaning black coffee helps remove toxins and unwanted substances from our body.
- Drinking black coffee helps in detoxification by increasing the frequency of urination.
9. Rich In Anti-oxidants:
The goodness of black coffee is not just in the energy level it brings but the fact that it prevents the onset of harmful free radicals from damaging our body.
- The antioxidants in black coffee are Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Potassium, Manganese and Magnesium.
10. Reduces The Risk Of Cancer:
In today’s world, cancer has become one of the biggest killers that is affecting the young and the old. Black for health means black coffee reduces inflammation which is the main reason behind the development of tumor.
- The compound in black coffee helps in preventing certain types of cancer like liver, colon, breast, and rectal cancer.
11. Protects Against Gout:
The antioxidants in coffee reduce the risk of developing gout by decreasing the level of uric acid and insulin in the body.
- According to research, people who consumed more than 4 cups of black coffee have 57 per cent less risk of getting gout.
Let us now have a look at the negative effects of caffeine.
Disadvantages of Excessive Black Coffee Intake:
1. Can Be Fatal:
If you are drinking between 80 to 100 cups (this makes approx. 23 litres) in a short session, it will amount to 10 to 13 gms of caffeine in your body, therefore making it lethal. Before you reach this stage, you will be in a vomiting stage since 23 litres of any liquid (even water) can be killing for a body.
2. Bad Quality Coffee Can be Toxic:
Bad coffee can have a lot of impurities in it, which in turn can cause headache, sickness, and a bad feeling. It happens when your coffee is made from over-ripped beans or ones that have been ruined. One ruined bean can make your coffee toxic. Invest in hi-quality specialty coffee to be on the safe side.
3. Causes Insomnia And Restlessness:
The maximum recommended amount of black coffee is 400 milligrams, so if you are caffeine-sensitive you have to be extra careful. If you give into more than the specified amount, insomnia and restlessness are going to get the better of you.
4. Black Coffee During Pregnancy Can Be Harmful:
Pregnant ladies should not consume more than one cup of black coffee a day. Excess of caffeine intake harms the foetus.
5. Drink Filtered Coffee If You Have High Cholesterol:
Coffee beans have two ingredients – cafestol and kahweol that raise LDL cholesterol levels. Upon filtering the coffee, most of the LDL gets trapped.
Here lies the answer to most common queries amongst all coffee drinkers.
Q. Is coffee bad for you?
A. There are many foods and nutrients that can cause problems in the digestive tract. Same is the case with coffee. According to experts, coffee can have damaging effects on the digestive tract leading to heartburn, ulcers, and other ills. The best way is to minimize intake of coffee. In fact, drinking up to four 8-ounce cups of coffee a day is safe. Moderation is the key.
Q. How much coffee is too much?
A. According to mayoclinic, drinking up to 400 milligrams of caffeine a day is considered safe for healthy adults, though it is not a good idea for children. Similarly, teenagers/adolescents should try and limit their caffeine consumption.
Caffeine is not a good choice for people who are sensitive to its effects or who are taking certain medications. Pregnant women or breast-feeding women should consult their doctors on limiting caffeine use.
Q. Why is coffee bad for you?
A. The caffeine part in coffee can cause several side-effects such as nervousness, stomach issues, irritability, rapid heartbeat, muscle tremors, even temporary insomnia. This is according to Mayo Clinic.
These are the black coffee benefits and disadvantages. Hope you now know how much of black coffee is good or bad for you now. Write in your replies below and share this blog with other coffee lovers!