A blast from the past, high waist pants made a sharp comeback onto the runways last year.
The revival of the classic, high-rise, vintage fits, from the 90’s, seems to have outweighed the low rise and mid rise phase.
With fashionistas re-inventing and translating high waist looks from the runway, to amp up their style game, this year was all about experiencing new highs.
Considering high waist pants conceal those love handles, belly bulges and front tummy, in a stylish way, they are one of our top picks for the holiday season, so that you can eat your heart out.
A host of stylists worked out different looks, to render a perfect high waist look to the Bollywood queens bees.
As we scanned the look-books for some inspiration, to wear the trend, and we narrowed on a few.
Waist Up, these divas worked the trend well.
1. Alia Bhatt
Alia cut a cute picture at Twinkle Khanna’s book launch, wearing an outfit from Ulyana Sergeenko. A pair of white high waist trousers paired with the blue strappy top looked chic. The pastel heels finished this semi-formal look with perfection. Styling credits to Ami Patel.
2. Anushka Sharma
Anushka added all the hotness to the couch of Koffee with Karan wearing separates from Atsu Sekhose. We heart this one by stylist Anaita Shroff Adajania. The hot pink cold shoulder top and black high-waisted pants together looked phenomenal.
3. Shraddha Kapoor
Shraddha Kapoor kickstarted her Ok Jaanu promotions wearing Lavish Alice sky blue high waist pants with an off shoulder black top. That side bow definitely looked cutesy.
4. Vaani Kapoor
Vaani Kapoor sizzled on the Vogue India issue giving us all the inspiration to wear high-waist denim this season.
The high-waist Michael Kors denim with fringed flares took her chic vibe to all new highs. Paired with an off shoulder ruffled top from Johanna Ortiz, stylist Anaita Shroff Adajania proved her mettle yet again.
The high slit flared denim from Esteben Cortazar gave us all new goals to wear high waist denim. Stylist Anaita Shroff Adajania aced this one.
5. Deepika Padukone
Deepika raised the bar, wearing high waist, the black and white way at the Esquire Middle-East Awards. Stylist Shaleena Nathani dressed up her muse in a white corset top and high waist flared pants, both from Monisha Jaisingh. The lady made a bold statement wearing the high waist trend.
6. Jacqueline Fernandez
Taking the metallic trend to all new highs with her high-waist look, Jacqueline slew the Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa stage. Stylist Shaleena Nathani’s pick, from Sheela added all the zing to the show. The cropped top and ankle pants layered with a blazer looked hot and fiery.
7. Sophie Chowdhry
Sophie Chowdhry knows how to work great looks. At the Aaraish event earlier this year, Sophie paired a black high waist skinny fit with nautical stripes and a pair of black pumps. She aced the casual chic look. The button detailing on the pants gave us a major retro throwback.
8. Aditi Rao Hyadri
When Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra ordered celebrities to wear Gold and Glamorous for the designer’s 50th birthday bash, Aditi Rao Hyadri obeyed well. Wearing a golden high waist ankle pant with a strappy top from Zara and a cape from Forever India, stylist Sanam Ratansi added all the stars to the party.
9. Tamannaah Bhatia
Stylist Sanajana Batra dressed up Tamannaah for the Vogue India Fashion Fund in stylish separates from Tommy Hilfiger. The high waist flared trouser paired with a collared shirt made for an absolute stunner.
Want to ace the high waist trend to end this year on a stylish note, we suggest you read through our suggestions for that on-point high waist fashion game.
5 Outfit Ideas To Wear The High-Waist Trend
1. Wear With Tucked In Tops: To flaunt that high rise, wear your tops tucked in. Plaids, lace tops, and strappy slings will do all the justice. You can also tuck in that favourite cardigan of yours and wear a belt, to beat the dipping temperatures.
2. Wear With Crop Tops: If you have those killer abs, then it’s time to show them off pairing your high-waist pants with crop tops and bralets. Try crops with ruffles, and bell sleeves, considering they are trending high
3. Wear With Long Layers: Long layerings are the way to go this season. Beat the winter chill wearing your high waist look with long layerings and trenches.
4. Wear Them In Flowy Fabrics: High waist pants in breezy and flowy fabrics can add all that bohemian free-spirited charm to your look. Caution here though has to be with respect to the right fit and hem length. Heels are a must to carry this one.
5. Wear A Streamlined Fit: Over bulky, extra flared may lend you a more boxy and ill fitted appearance. Make sure you pick a tailored piece that adds a few extra inches to you the gorgeous way. Pleats, scoop pockets work well with high waist ankle pants.
So ladies, give your waistline and booties a lift-up wearing the waist-up trend. If you have an outfit idea to wear high-waist, that is sure to sweep us away, then don’t forget to share it with us.
Images Source: instagram.com