What is the essence of smart people? Smart living. And what makes it possible? Smart attire, smart shoes, smartphones, smart accessories, smart partner (ah, well, I agree on this) and smartwatches.
Watches convey a lot about you – at work, gym, park or just lounging around. But if you are a sports and fitness freak, particularly a cycling enthusiast, then best cycling watches 2018 will be a good way to boost your passion for cycling.
That doesn’t mean you have to spend through the roof buying the best smartwatch for cycling. The list below shows you best fitness watch for cycling on a modest budget for those buyers for whom price is not a constraint.
Top 7 Cycling Watches In 2018:
So here we go decoding best cycling watches that you should buy.
1. TomTom Spark 3 Cardio
This cycling GPS watch measures time, distance, speed, pace, calories burned, and live stats on the go. Explorer cyclists will love it. The TomTom Spark 3 Cardio is an exploration device which goes ahead and inserts routes which are of interest to the rider and also includes new paths of trekking. It is a waterproof watch that won’t let you down.
- 24/7 activity tracking, waterproof up to 40M, phone notifications, and customizable straps
- Activity Tracker: Captures the tiny details of your daily routine to keep your fitness goals on track.
- Keeps a track of all your indoor and outdoor sports activities, including every run, cycle, swim and gym workout.
- Easy to activate audio statistics that helps cyclists check on progress.
- Gives you plenty of room for music storage. So you can continue listening to your favorite music while you are cycling without worrying about the hassle of streaming music from your phone.
- Minimises equipment making your cycling experience efficient
- No heart strap needed to keep up with your heart rate
- The TomTom Spark 3 Cardio watches come in small and large sizes with 145-206mm, 125-172mm fits.
- There are 4 watches to choose from
- The TomTom Spark 3 Cardio is not only great for cycling, but for everyday use as well.
2. Garmin Vivoactive HR GPS Smartwatch
Garmin is an experienced player when it comes to sports watches. And the Garmin cycling watch gives you a phenomenal experience which is GPS-enabled. So no matter what your fitness regimen is you will get your activity tracking on your wrist. Sweat all day with your phone safely tucked away. Amazing exercise watch for cyclists and other athletes. To conclude, Garmin Vivoactive is the best smartwatch for cycling.
- Touchscreen which is sunlight-readable, and high-resolution color
- 24/7 Monitoring of Heart Rate
- Smart Notifications: Sets any notification from your mobile to display when paired with a compatible smartphone.
- The smartwatch allows you to stay connected with your emails as all your e-notifications are displayed on its high res touchscreen.
- Offers more than 1,300 apps, watch face designs, data fields, and widgets
- Comes with a 2-yr and 3-yr protection plan too
- Battery life as long as 8 days
3. Polar V800 GPS Sports Watch
An engineering marvel placed in the body of a watch, Polar V800 is not just a cycling GPS watch but can be counted as best cycling watches 2018 as well.
- Multisport GPS Watch at an advanced level for serious sports enthusiasts and professional athletes
- The built-in GPS keeps track of your ride, run or hike measuring your speed, distance, and route
- Creates and customizes profiles for different sports
- Uses the Polar H7 heart rate sensor while training and swimming
- High-performance waterproof sports watch
- This Triathlon watch is compatible with Bluetooth Smart running and cycling sensors
- Water-resistant up to 30 meters (100 ft.)
- Web applications are excellent
Price: $ 340.99
4. Garmin Forerunner 630
Are you training for your first marathon or do you want to beat your personal record? Garmin Forerunner 630 – another option from the Garmin cycling watch range fulfills all your requirements by getting you all the data you need for training and racing.
- This smartwatch comes with a touchscreen color display and GPS tracking.
- It is loaded with advanced running dynamics
- It automatically syncs with Garmin Connect. It is feature rich and is a must-buy for fitness freaks who are music buffs and social media addicts too!
- Made from shock resistant plastics
- Fitted with download apps
Price: $ 259
5. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch
See your stats in a whole new way on the Fitbit app and dashboard. Fitbit is a household name by now in the field of wearable technology. Blaze gives you the same fitness features synonymous with the brand Fitbit.
- Fitbit does all of the monitoring – whether it is steps taken, distance covered, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes.
- Effortlessly and automatically records other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- When you start a FitStar workout on your wrist, you get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
- Wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Interchangeable band and frames
- Available in the following colors – Gunmetal, Black Silver, Blue Silver
6. Sunnto Spartan Ultra HR
Meet your ultimate training partner in this advanced multisport GPS watch from Sunnto Spartan Ultra HR.
- 80 Sports modes pre-installed on the watch
- 26H battery life with good GPS tracking accuracy
- State-of-the-art color touchscreen with a wide viewing angle
- Built-in functions of altimeter, barometer, compass, and GPS
- 100-meter water resistance
- Offers great visibility outdoors, even in direct Sunlight
- Connects Spartan Ultra with your smartphone to record your activities
- Colors available include Black, All Black Titanium, Stealth Titanium, Gold and White
- Hand-made in Finland
- Built to last in any conditions.
7. Apple Watch
Here comes a sleek and stylish watch for the athlete who wishes to stay connected – both on and off the road. Strava for Apple Watch brings the best of cycling watches that are compatible with the Strava app on your wrist while keeping your phone safely tucked away.
All your activities and preferences get transferred from your Strava account. This makes it easy to have a quick glance at your wrist and monitor your time, speed, distance, and weekly goals.
- An Apple watch has Heart Rate Sensor, Accelerometer, and Gyroscope, Direct fire speaker, and microphone
- Up to 18 hours of battery life, Wifi, Bluetooth
- Built-in GPS, S2 Dual-Core Processor, watchOS 3
- Water Resistant 50m
- 1.5″ Display, Ion-X Glass, Ceramic Back, Digital Crown, 2x Brighter OLED Retina display with Force Touch
So which of these best cycling watches 2018 tempted you the most to buy and try? Tell us the best fitness watch for cycling according to you in the comments box below.