With online shopping mania slowly grasping the entire nation, I am quite appalled every day at the number of fake branded products being sold online. For instance, one of my friends landed up buying a fake Gucci watch online recently.
While some sellers are flat-out crooks, offering lucrative prices for Gucci watches claiming them to be real; people are just getting carried away by the cheesy price tags.
When someone decides to buy Gucci, it’s certainly because of the brand. Some people even don’t mind spending a small fortune so as to add a piece of luxury to their wardrobe, but it’s quite heart-rending to find how young shoppers are being cheated every now and then.
So, I have finally decided to come up with a post to help my fellow shoppers identify fake Gucci watches. Do have a read!
The luxury brand, Gucci which started in 1921, remains one of the most leading watch manufacturers in the world. They basically produce three types of time-pieces: quartz, automatic, and bracelet.
Among all other brands, Gucci is the most replicated brand today. Counterfeit Gucci watches can seem to you quite authentic but feature cheap-quality mechanisms, hold no value, and not to mention they are illegal.
If you’re thinking of gifting your wife a Gucci timepiece then make sure to check out for the red flags indicating it’s a fake.
Below are top 10 tips to identify fake Gucci watches. Continue reading!
1. Check out the face of the watch before buying it. The real pieces are always precise, perfectly spaced and their numbers are uniform. The fake pieces, on the other hand, may feature odd spacing and always differ in size.
2. Check out the second and minute hands. The brand always uses a Swiss quartz movement, which is smooth. The hand movement on the replicas will either tick or stick.
3. The “Swiss-made” tagline on real pieces are always on the bottom center of the face below the 6 o’clock position.
4. Now just turn over the watch. Most of the authentic pieces have the model number displayed on the back. And if you see nothing but a crest or crest with the Gucci name then it’s a pretty obvious fake.
You’ll never find the original items without any additional markings along-with the crest.
5. Another difference you can find that the crests of the replica are typically larger than those on the real watches.
If you’re a real brand person then Fashionlady suggests you to visit their official website to know more about the markings.
6. Just feel the weight of the piece you’re willing to buy. The original pieces are made from heavy materials such as stainless steel or gold, while the imitation models are likely to be lighter.
7. Do check the links. The links of authentic numbers are metal while the replicas will always feature a hollow link.
Online shoppers be warned!
8. If you are not sure about the authenticity of the store you’ve landed, better visit any reputed store. Just don’t carried away by the alluring price tag. It’s good to compare the pricing but when you find a huge difference in the price for Gucci watches then there is something fishy.
9. Look for authentic images of the watch. More the clarity of the image is, more you’re in safe hands. The images should be of high resolution, which makes it easier for you to check-out the details. Just leave the web store if you’re not convinced with the images.
10. Last but not the least – if you’re buying a second-hand Gucci watch then do check for the proof of purchase. A Gucci watch comes packaged with a certificate of authenticity. Check the serial number. You can verify the serial number with any nearest store to verify its genuineness.
So, next time when you buy a Gucci watch consider those above points.