|Geet is her nickname. She was seen in the music video of the song “Ghum Sum Ghum Sum” sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan (where she performs as the love interest of the male lead). She was one of the celebrity judges in the fourth episode of Nach Baliye Season 8 along with her hubby Bhajji (Harbhajan Singh). She had her first filmi break and the second one opposite Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi. She is not born and brought up in India but the United Kingdom. She looks like star material but is yet to have a firm footing in Bollywood. Meet the glam beauty Geeta Basra.
|Birthday Date||13 March 1984 [celebrity_age_calc data=”1984-03-13″]|
|Birth Place||Portsmouth, United Kingdom|
|Education||Portsmouth High School, Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute|
|Siblings||One younger brother Rahul and one sister Ruby|
|Spouse||Bowler Harbhajan Singh (who married Geeta Basra in 2015)|
|Children||One daughter Hinaya Heer Plaha (born on July 27, 2016 in Portsmouth, Hampshire)|
Geeta’s parents run a convenience store. As per a report on Dailymail.co.uk, Geeta Basra used to help out at her parent’s shop in Portsmouth.
Geeta Basra stayed in the news more after her 8-year courtship with bowler Harbhajan Singh ended with their tying the matrimonial knot.
Geeta married Bhajji at Phagwara a place near Jalandhar in Punjab.
All the big names in sports and Bollywood graced the occasion to bless the newly-weds. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was also present in their wedding, as also former PM Manmohan Singh, and well-known cricketers like Virat Kohli, Kapil Dev, MS Dhoni, Anil Kumble, Virendra Sehwag and former Punjab Director General of Police KPS Gill.
Prior to their marriage Geeta said, “I’ve never denied that Bhajji has a very special place in my life. Beyond that, when there’s more to be said, I’ll make the announcement.” Their romance, was very low-profile.
Did you know Geeta Basra in Smeep Kang’s “Second Hand Husband” shares screen space with her real-life man cricketer Harbhajan Singh? Yes, he plays her groom-to-be at the end of the film. Geeta laughs off by saying “The film needed someone with a face and a name to step in as my character’s love-interest at the end. Bhajji agreed. That’s it.”
It goes without saying that Bhajji has been pretty supportive (in fact, very much) of his lady love. Geeta has been spotted many a time in cricket parties alongside Bhajji and other Indian cricketers. Dear Bhajji also accompanies Geeta in filmy parties and premiers.
|Height||5 ft 3 inches|
|Waist Size||24 inches|
|Hip Size||34 inches|
|Shoe Size||6 inches|
|Dress Size||4 inches|
|Body Measurement||34-24-34 inches|
Geeta Basra Without Makeup
Few pics of Geeta without a touch of makeup. Like it? Love it?
Favorite Things and Hobbies
|Food||Fried food, sweets and aerated drinks (fresh juices and mocktails)|
|Brand||Gucci Perfume and Watch, Jimmy Choo shoes , Bags from Louis Vuitton|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit Nene|
Know Geeta’s favorite discovery? A shop in Bandra which sells lovely Italian shoes.
First Debut: Geeta Basra’s first movie was Dil Diya Hai in 2006.
Brand Endorsements: Unavailable. But yes, Geeta Basra launched a set of latest mobile phones of SonoTech Company at The Pride Hotel, Nagpur in October 2013.
Career Achievements: Dil Diya Hai (2006), TheTrain (2007), Zilla Ghaziabad, Mr Joe B. Carvalho (guest appearance) and Bhaiyyaji are some of her well-known films.
Remuneration: Not known
Net Worth: Not known
Geeta Basra Weight Loss
Like most celebs who make utmost efforts on weight loss, Geeta Basra keeps her weight on watch through stretches, lifting weights, dumbbells and exercises.
For Geeta, extra emphasis is on:
- Cutting back on sugars and starches.
- Eating more of Veggies along with healthy Proteins, and Fats
Facts About Celebrity
- Bhajji’s wifey Geeta Basra wanted to be a criminal psychologist but turned out to be an actress.
- Geeta was born to Punjabi Indian folks not in India but in Portsmouth (which is situated on the south coast of European nation)
- Where did she get her acting skills from? Mumbai-based Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute.
- She has appeared in two music videos – with Sukshinder Shinda’s “Ghum Sum Ghum Sum” and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.
- Geeta had the privilege to meet football legend Pele.
- As for Geeta’s hobbies, it is dancing and singing.
- The best part about Geeta Basra is that she doesn’t smoke or drink. And that is a very good habit, considering her national (and international) profile.
- Geeta-Harbhajan’s wedding was grand in every way. It wasn’t just 1-day but 5-day long celebration.
- In an interview given to Bombay Times, the charming lady was quoted as saying that she had always felt comfortable in Bollywood as the industry had welcomed her with open hands.
- The cricket fraternity calls Geeta Basra as Bhabhiji (don’t mistake it for the famous daily TV soap Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai!)
So this was Mrs. Harbhajan Singh for you. Do write in your likes and comments on this blog.