|In her, Bollywood got a sex symbol like none other. The 90s was all about her, the still conservative industry was dumbstruck seeing Urmila’s charisma in Rangeela. The Aamir starrer was a block buster and the Indian movie lovers got their own version of the Hollywood appeal. Urmila Matondar is a married woman now, she hardly makes any movie appearances, but we get to see her in filmy events every now and then. She looks fresh and has not aged a day since we saw her last-we wonder why she has kissed goodbye to the silver screen after all. If you are intrigued by her magical appeal, here is all you are looking for.|
|Birthday Date||4 February 1974 (43 years)|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Education||She has studied till class 10 before joining the industry|
|Siblings||Kedar Matondkar (Elder Brother, he works in the Indian airforce). Mamta ( Elder sister, she is a singer and ex-actress)|
|Spouse||Mohsin Akhtar Mir|
The actress was just a 20 something when she got charmed by director Ram Gopal Varma who was 12 years her senior. The two came close during the shooting of Rangeela and soon became a couple. Ram Gopal Varma and Urmila made many movies together before parting ways.
|Height||5 feet 4 inch|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
Urmila Matondkar Without Makeup
Now this beauty isn’t the one to be dependent on layers of foundation and corrections by countering. For sure that adds to her glamour but Urmila is a natural – just as beautiful with make up as without it.
Favorite Things and Hobbies
|Actress||Rekha and Greta Garbon|
|Singer||Udit Narayan and Beyonce|
First Debut: Karm (as a Child Actor), Narshimha (Lead Actress)
Brand Endorsements: Lux, Snickers, Olay
- Nandi Awards, Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female, 1993
- Zee Cine Awards, Best Actor– Female, 2004
- Star Screen Awards, Best Actress – 2004
- Filmfare Awards, Best Actress (Critics) – 2004
- Bollywood Movie Awards, Best Actress – 2001
- Bollywood Movie Awards, Best Actress – 2004
- Bollywood Movie Awards, Best Actress – 2006
- Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards, Best Actress in a Leading Role, 2004
Remuneration – 1-2 Crore per film
Net Worth – $ 22 Million
Urmila Matondkar Weight Loss
Blessed with natural curves, the actress takes a trip to the gym whenever she is free. While working out, she mostly carries out weight training and cardio exercises that helps tone up her body. Even after 2 years of marriage she continues to look all shaped up as she starts her day with a walk or running. She relies a lot on yoga and sits for yoga sessions almost every evening.
Urmila Matondkar has confessed multiple times that cutting out food or ‘dieting’ is not her thing. During the years when she was working regularly, she would stay so busy with an entire day’s work, that by the end of the day she would simply forget that she was following any diet. She rejoices simple homemade food in proper quantities and tries to stay away from too oily and spicy food. The only diet she maintains is to avoid eating rice for dinner.
Facts About Celebrity
- Urmila was just 3 years old when she acted in the movie Karm that was released in 1977. She kept appearing in many movies throughout her childhood and 1983 release Masoom, in which she shared screen with Nassiruddin Shah and Shabana Azmi is remembered till date.
- Already famous as Nasiruddin Shah’s onscreen daughter for Masoom, the all grown up Urmila played the ace actor’s daughter again in Chamatkar. She was Shah Rukh Khan’s love interest in this movie.
- Though she had been working in movies since as young as 3 years, and made her debut with Narasimha, it was Gopal Varma’s Rangeela that transformed Urmila from a middle-class girl into a sexy movie actress and she became a household name.
- Though only studied till class 10, the Rangeela girl was a very strong in academics and even won the scholarship of a state wide conducted examination when she was just in standard 4th.
- Not only is the beauty an amazing actress but a very melodious singer too. Having lipped Asha Bhonsle’s voice many times, the actress lent her own voice to Asha tai’s album Asha and Friends Vol 1. She is also an outstanding classical dancer.
- In the 90s, she was one of the most booked Bollywood actress. But did you know that before signing up for the big screen, Urmila had acted in TV Serials like ‘Katha Sagar’ and ‘Zindagi’ in 1986 and 1987 respectively?
- We all talk about Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra’s internally acclaimed sexiness. But many of us don’t know that, a siren of her time, Urmila was voted one of the sexiest women in the whole wide world by Maxim magazine.
- While most actress don’t prefer sharing screen space with contemporaries, Urmila has worked with all eminent actress of her time, namely Sridevi, Juhi Chawla, Mahima Chaudhury, Manisha Koirala, and even Rekha. This shows she is not only confident but also has no problem sharing credit.
- Alongside, Karisma Kapoor, Raveen Tandon and Sonali Bendre, even this Aflatoon actress was well known in the 90s for her sensational dance numbers, Kambakt Ishq from Pyar Tune Kya Kiya being one such song where her moves were of a whole new level.
- Not many actress want to come out of the good girl image, but this Marathi mulgi had a thing for experimentation and has essayed many non-conventional roles. She was a sociopath in ‘Kaun’, a desperate lover or as one would say a borderline pshycho in ‘Pyar Tune Kya Kiya’, and an arrogant uptight wife in ‘Om Jai Jagadish’. She also tried her mettle playing a ghostly character in Bhoot.
- Apart from reigning the Hindi movie industry, Urmila has acted in many Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu cinemas. She appeared as a child actor in the 1980 Marathi film Zaakol way before making it big with the Hindi audience.
- Just like Preity Zinta, Urmila Matondkar’s marriage was a low key one, bereft of any Bollywood tamasha. If rumors are to be believed, she met her Kashmiri beau through good friend and fashion designer Manish Malhotra, for whom Mohsin used to model.
- Always known for her flawless style, one would believe Urmila to have big plans for her wedding attire. On the contrary, the actress had her traditional red lehenga choli made in just five days. Big thanks to Manish for making it happen.
- But again this was not the first time Urmila’s outfit was decided in jet speed. We all remember her vibrant dress from Rangeela’s title song. Designer Manish Malhotra discovered that Urmila didn’t have anything to wear that went well with the mood of the song. It was then, the two halted the shoot and went shopping in the streets of Mumbai city and sorted things out in a couple of hours.
Always ready to change herself for the better, the actress used to be a chain-smoker in her early years. But she is now more health conscious and has completely given up on the bad habit.
Images Source: pinterest