Some of you, in fact most of you, might be thinking that growing up stops after some time. So when one has crossed “sweet” 30, it looks next to impossible to grow in “inches”. Or so, you think. But, there are ways to grow taller, provided you practice them with dedication, without any gap. Let us find out what they are.
Here Is The Simple List To Increase Height After 30
I would say, there are four “formulae” that can help you grow taller as you cross 30. We will take you through them one by one. I will start with exercises.
Exercises To Increase Height After 30
1. Vertical Hanging
This helps elongate the spine, meaning make it longer. You just need a solid metal bar (which should have the capacity to hold your body weight). Do vertical hanging at home or in a gym, whatever you wish. Fix the bar roughly 7 feet above the ground, in such a way that there is a gap of 5-6 inches between your feet and the ground.
Once these parameters are fulfilled, start the exercise by holding on to the bar, with both hands (not one). Keep hanging, as long as you can. Also, keep swinging back and forth, and make an effort to touch the ground with your feet. This will help in lengthening the spinal cord. Practice it 4-5 times a week.
2. Cobra Stretch
No fearing cobra, hey you! You just have to position your body in a snake-like cobra form. Not only does this pose make your spine flexible, it also helps in increasing your height. Actually, it grows the cartilage in between the vertebrae.
Just lie straight upside down. Place your hands on the ground and then lift your body from the knee in an “arch” form. Do it 3-4 times a day.
3. Ankle Weight
A very promising way of helping the lower part of the body grow is through ankle weights. It needs you to fasten your lower legs so that it can create resistance while working out.
Sit straight on a chair or lie down on the floor and place suitable weights on both the ankles with feet stretched out. Keep increasing the weights depending on your holding capacity. If you are not able to bear the pressure of ankle weight, then take them off and relax for some time. Break is needed! Then start again. Practice it 3-4 times a week.
In this exercise, you just have to stretch out the muscles of your entire body. The ideal time to do stretching is immediately after your bath. That’s because the body muscles are warm at that time. So walk with your head and shoulders straight for about 5 mins. Then shake both your arms and legs in order to relax them.
Like to “float” around for relaxation and kill stress? Then go for swimming which also increases your height. Breast stroke is the best form of swimming which can up your height, when you do it consistently.
Now let us learn about the spiritual yoga which can help increase the inches.
Yoga To Increase Height After 30
Ayurveda has not only blessed us with herbs and healing, it has also contributed in making us grow taller.
1. Surya Namaskar (or Sun Salutation)
When you stretch out your body in the morning doing “Surya Namaskar”, you are worshiping and taking blessings from Lord Sun to gain height. This warm-up exercise has 12 sets. Do it on an empty stomach.
This yoga technique improves the flexibility of the spine, and reduces stress and anxiety. Plus, it strengthens joints and muscles.
Paschimottanasana (or Seated Forward Bend)
Sounds tough to spell? Practice it few times and you will get to know the technique to increase your height! It gives a good stretch to your spine and hamstrings. It also cuts down on obesity.
2. Tadasana (or Mountain Pose)
Do this ‘growth stretching’ yoga on an empty stomach, after you have had your morning bowels session over. This one improves your posture, and blood circulation, and strengthens your spine and knees
3. Vrikshasana (or Tree Pose)
The name says it all, doesn’t it? As for the benefits, it strengthens spine, does a ‘tone-up’ of the leg muscles and increases your mental powers and concentration.
4. Trikonasana (or Triangle Pose)
Why is it named so because this yoga pose is pretty much similar to a triangle. Unlike other asanas, you need to keep your eyes open while doing it. But yes, it stretches your muscles (which is good news) and opens up your spine, hamstrings and hips.
There are foods too that pitch in to increase height. Let us find out how.
Foods To Increase Height After 30
Hey, if you have to increase a few inches as you touch 30, then no fried and fattening foods. Take a look at what you should eat instead.
Called “Indian Ginseng”, Ashwagandha helps increase height. In fact, it has various minerals that broaden the bone skeleton, and the density as well. This in turns up the height.
Mix 2 tbsp of ashwagandha powder in a glass of hot milk before going to bed. You can add sugar or jaggery, as per your taste. Do it for 45 days without a break.
2. Milk and Dairy Foods
Yeah, I know the very idea of drinking milk might not sound good to your ears. But you see, milk is rich in calcium, which leads to bone growth. Calcium is a great booster of height. And then there is vitamin A and protein in milk that leads to height gain. So, if you want to be a “tall” girl, then drink 3 glasses of milk daily. Side by side, also eat dairy foods like cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. which will help in height gain.
Sunday or Monday, have an egg every day. It is a low-priced product which has high quality protein needed for height gain. An egg has calcium, vitamin D, vitamin B2 or Riboflavin. Now all these help in making of strong bones, and a healthy body. Sounds yummy!
Okay, fine it is a non-veg food item, but chicken is packed with protein which helps in building up of muscles and tissues. If you are on ‘height gain’ trip, then make it a point to have 50 gm of chicken on a daily basis. This will help you accomplish your height mission.
Talk of nutrition, which is a must in ‘heighty’ matters and soybean fills the need gap. It has enough of proteins, vitamins, fiber, folate, and carbohydrates, all of which form a complete food when it comes to improving on health. The protein found in soybean nurtures bone and tissue mass – a ‘must’ – to increase height. So, take 50-55gms of soybean daily. You can also include soybean in your salads, rice, and other dishes. Take it in the form of soy milk and tofu, too.
All said and done, lifestyle habits also help in height gain. Read how.
Lifestyle To Increase Height After 30
- Sleep Properly: All play, and less of sleep is not going to be good for you, and your height. Your body grows when you sleep. And there is a HGH (Human Growth Hormone) which increases your height when you have a sound and deep sleep. When you have a tired brain, then the release of growth hormones slows down. So, make it a point to sleep 8-11 hours every night. Adequate sleep is the key!
- Enjoy Sunlight: Ever wondered what sunlight can do? It does a lot more than drying your clothes and giving sunshine to the green plants. It makes you grow taller, because it helps in faster absorption of vitamin D, which further helps in calcium absorption into your bones. So, the more sunlight you get, the healthier your bones.
- Proper Nutrition: Food is different from food habits. If you have a knack for eating fast food, then you are depriving your body of essential nutrients and nutrition. So, what you need is a healthy diet full of proteins, carbohydrates, essential fats. Put focus on having milk, green leafy veggies, lean meats and nuts as they will put your height on the upward track. Right and adequate nutrition helps in increasing blood circulation, making stronger and longer bones, and giving you vitamin D which helps the bones in absorbing calcium.
- Good Posture: Maintaining good posture plays a very important role in increasing height. It also increases your confidence level and mood. Sit and stand in an upright position. Slouched posture is a big no no! Keep your shoulders back, and spine with a slight natural bend at the back, and you are good to go.
- Avoid Growth Inhibitors: Yeah, the urge to grow tall is there in every girl. But consumption of alcohol and tobacco takes you many steps back to achieving your goal. They not only inhibit growth, they can affect the functioning of liver, thereby stunting the growth. Plus, they increase the level of carbon monoxide in your bloodstream which can badly influence the growth in terms of height.
Now that you know all the possible ways to increase height after 30, you are just one step away from them – it means you need to follow them. So when are you starting out with these tips shared? Do not delay, start them today!
Images Source: remediespoint.com