Holi which is on March 17th 2014 is a festival of colors and happiness. The vibrant colors and the festive mood just bring out the child in us. The atmosphere lightens up, enabling people to forget all their worries and enjoy to the fullest. With so many chemicals present in colors these days, it has become very essential to ensure that we have a safe Holi.
Bollywood actress Nargis Fakri has come up with some relevant tips on how to play a safe Holi without letting down your style statement. Do have a read to find out Nargis Fakri’s tips on Holi!
If you’re worried about how to look stylish on Holi then follow her simple and easy tips to make the festival glamorous and trendy –
As per Nargis,
“I like to style my tresses with some quirky and fun hairdos. If you love your bangs or fringes then put them on the side by tying the rest of your hair in a French braid or ponytail. You can also play with gem studded clips and bands.”
Even though the Madras Cafe actress is blessed with a flawless skin and long tresses, she strongly feels that it is important to condition the hair well before start playing Holi. Hair gets exposed to colors next to face. So it becomes necessary to take proper precautions to save your tresses from the colors.
Nargis Fakri’s tips on hair –
- Give your hair a protective coat before it comes in contact with harmful chemicals present in the colours
- A 20-minute deep conditioning treatment with hot coconut based hair oil is a perfect way to lock in the moisture
- Also, make sure to keep yourself hydrated by sipping a lot of fresh juices and coconut water to combat the heat as it’s already March
The actress, who will be now seen in ‘Main Tera Hero’ after ‘Phata Poster Nikla Hero,’ won’t be celebrating Holi this year because of work. However, she has made sure to share some important fashion & beauty tips with her fans. She has emphasized on oiling your hair as it gives the necessary nourishment and protects your hair from harmful synthetic chemicals that the colours bring with them.
Nargis shares tips on Holi fashion and wardrobe selection –
- The thumb rule here is comfort should be the key factor so as to enjoy Holi to the fullest
- Pick the most comfortable clothes you have in your closet
- A pair of shorts with a loose t-shirt or kurta will also work. Since it’s the day of colors so try go for white to flaunt all the beautiful shades on your bodice
- Always go for cotton when it comes to choosing the fabric. Since Holi is celebrated in day, you won’t suffocate in the heat
Tips after playing Holi –
Post Holi enjoyment, it’s crucial how you wrap it up.
- A hot water shower followed by skin care is must, ensuring the colors are completely removed from your skin
- Firstly, take a long hot water shower after returning home
- After the shower, moisturize your skin with natural ingredient based moisturizer to avoid dryness caused by the colours
- Go for products that are enriched with benefits of natural ingredients and sunscreen benefits
The actress, who loves eating Gujjiya (a special Holi dish), lot of sweets and biryani on Holi, ends with a final tip,
“A hot coconut based hair oil deep conditioning treatment for 20 minutes followed by steam helps me relax and also nourishes my hair after it has faced so many chemicals in the course of the day.“
Hope this helps!