Premature ageing and skin tanning is a real thing. So applying sunscreen is a priority. No questions asked. But those with oily skin need to be a tad choosy while choosing SPF formulas as they are mostly heavy and greasy. For that reason, we bring a list of lightweight, non-greasy, and matt sunscreens suitable for oily skin. And we’ve rounded up the best.
Have a Look at Top 10 Sunscreen Lotions for Oily Skin in India for 2020
1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ PA+++:
Neutrogena sunscreen lotion is one of the popular choices of sunscreen available in India. It has oil-control agents that leave skin with a tingly fresh sensation. The use of helioplex technology is the USP of this sunscreen.
- Allows skin to breathe
- Waterproof and sweat-proof
- Has oat kernel extract to prevent skin irritation
- Provides a matte finish
- Mild and pleasant fragrance
Apply a generous amount of the lotion on all exposed areas of the body including face. It is ideal for daily use.
2. Lakmé 9 to 5 Hydrating Super Sunscreen SPF 50:
The Lakme Super Sunscreen lotion is ideal for oily skin. It features SPF 50 PA+++ that fights against UV rays. It also prevents your skin from tanning and sunburns caused by UVA and UVB rays.
- Lightweight cream
- Great packaging
- Hydrates skin
- Comes in a pump dispenser
- Evens skin tone
- Prevent tanning
Dot the lotion across your face and massage gently. It is ideal for daily use.
3. Aroma Magic Aloe Vera Sunscreen Gel with SPF 20:
The product is 100% free from parabens, oxybenzone, alcohol, harsh chemicals, and artificial fragrance. The all-mineral, gel formulation provides a protective barrier against the UV rays. It is skin-friendly and non-greasy with the use of natural ingredients like grapeseed oils, wheat germ, and avocado. They also provide protection from sun rays and prevent all aging signs.
- Provides natural sunscreen with presence of Vitamin B5, C, and E
- Prevent ageing signs
- Lighten skin tone and scars
- Treats acne
- Purify, hydrates, and provide sun protection
Apply the formula generously over face and body 10-15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply every 90 minutes. Use it along with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type before using the sunscreen lotion.
4. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel:
The matte gel formula from Lotus comes in a lightweight gel formula and provides a fresh skin. It is enriched with comfrey, horse chestnut, and vanilla extracts. The product also protects skin against tanning, ageing, and skin cancer.
- Has ingredients like vanilla extracts, horse chestnut, and comfrey
- Easily absorbs into skin and treats tanned skin
- Leaves a smooth, matte finish
- Light gel formulation
Apply the formula liberally onto the face and other exposed areas. Reapply every two hours for the best results.
5. Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector:
The lightweight daily moisturizer provides the skin with a protective layer against sun damage. The product is free from parabens, phthalates, and sulfates. It is also free from artificial fragrance, mineral oil, alcohol, talc, and is allergy tested.
- Lightweight formula and blends easily
- Provides a reliable broad spectrum protection from UV rays
- Great packaging
Apply the daily screen onto clean skin. Use fingertips to apply on the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
6. Derma Essentia Sunscreen SPF 50 Anti Pollution Sunscreen Gel:
The gel formula sunscreen contains SPF 50 with superior broad-spectrum sun protection against UVB rays, UVA rays, and infra-red radiations. The product has Encapsulated Nanotechnology formulation with natural ingredients that provides protection against pollution, antioxidants, and skin lightening effects.
- Spreads evenly for consisted protection
- Ensures to protect skin for longer hours
- The sunscreen components do not absorb into the skin easily
Squeeze a small amount of the sunscreen onto fingertips. Apply liberally on cleansed face and other exposed body parts. Reapply every two hours. Apply daily for maximum protection.
7. Kaya Skin Clinic Sweat Proof Sunscreen SPF 30:
The sunscreen defends skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. It also corrects tanned, ageing, and dull skin.
- Sweat resistant
- Provide eight hour protection against UVA/UVB rays
- Lightweight, non-greasy formula
- Leaves skin with a smooth finish
- Developed by dermatologists
Apply 20 minutes before sun exposure. Repeat every five hours.
8. RE’ EQUIL SPF 50 Sunscreen for Oily, Sensitive and Acne Prone Skin:
The sunscreen lotion is a lightweight formula with UVA and UVB filters. It spreads easily onto the skin and avoids skin irritations and allergic reactions. It provides long-lasting protection and does not require reapplication every few hours. The ingredients used are non-comedogenic which leaves skin revived.
- Safe ingredients used to ensure sensitive, oily, and acne prone skin
- Dermatologically tested
- Clinically proven actives
- Effective and visible results
Apply the sunscreen liberally onto exposed areas of the body 20 minutes before sun exposure. Repeat every six hours.
9. IPCA Acne-UV Oil Free Gel SPF 30 PA:
The product is non-comedogenic and comes with SPF 30. It is free from alcohol, dye, and preservative. The oil-free formula is great for oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. It hydrates the skin and keeps it soft.
- UVA/UVB filter to provide sun protection
- Keeps skin hydrated
This product perfectly works as a makeup base too.
10. Clarins UV Plus HP Sunscreen:
A versatile formula to defend skin from UVA/UVB rays, free radicals, and pollution for improving skin tone. The cruelty-free formula comes without oil and therefore ideal for oily skin.
Clarins sunscreen comes with broad-spectrum SPF 50 and unique anti-pollution complex which defends skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays, free radicals, and pollution. It also protects skin against ageing and dark spots. The ultra-lightweight formula is ideal for daily use.
Apply the product in the morning after applying moisturizer. Follow up with makeup. Touch up right through the day with light pressing motions.
Hope this article helps you in making the right pick. Please share your views in the comment box below.