If we must summarize the year in one word, we would say 2016 has been eventful. Loaded with magnificent events, this year introduced us to kick-ass fashion.
This year, we have explored every nook and corner of the fashion world – the changing trends, the comeback of classics, the fusion of styles, the flashes and splashes of glamor and much more. Showcasing these fantastic fashion moments were our Bollywood favorites, who kept us engrossed all around the year and thoroughly inspired us.
With the year coming to an end, a throwback of series of the Bollywood fashionable moments would be truly welcoming, don’t you think?
Dynamic And Glamorous – Deepika Padukone
Undoubtedly, Deepika had the best year with her movies earning her great success and fame. The diva was the most talked about B-town celebrity for not just her performances but also her irresistible appearances. Here are the two most talked about fashion moments of the actress-
[Also Read: Deepika Padukone]
- The Prabal Gurung red hot dress that she adorned for the IIFA 2016 press conference hit a million hearts. Metallic shade clubbed along with Outhouse earrings and Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, she was ravishing.
- Another look of the diva that went viral was the one in Monisha Jaising gown at MTV EMAs. Though she carried herself with the same elegance, we didn’t find it very impressive. The Valliyan earrings were a bit too long and the ensemble felt slightly overloaded, don’t you think? But kudos to the diva for pulling it off with an enigmatic appeal!
Bold And Inspirational – Priyanka Chopra
The globetrotter, PeeCee, while on the move, always ensured she excelled her fashion tests. The diva not only inspired us with her indulgence in charity and thought-proving events but also made looking stunning easy on the move this year, 2016.
[Also Read: Priyanka Chopra]
Her appearances this year were purely fashionable and we were smitten by her sequin choice of apparel.
- To the People’s Choice Awards 2016, she dressed glittery in a gold and silver sequined Vera Wang dress. With hair tied into a high bun and barely accessorizing, she rounded her style effortlessly.
- One more unforgettable fashionable avatar of PeeCee was at the Oscar Awards party. She chose sequins again and in a silver sequinned outfit from Jenny Packham, she sparkled the red carpet. Wasn’t that a breath-taking style?
Energetic And FireBall – Kareena Kapoor
Bebo didn’t lay low even with her growing baby bump all around the year. In fact, the diva cast herself all over Instagram with inspirational pregnancy styles. Amongst all the new mommies of B-town, Kareena has proved her commitment and love for work by making stunning appearances.
- She looked beautiful and glowing in a red Gauri & Nainika gown. With simple Jet gems earrings, she closed her look easy and chic.
- With a heavy baby bump, the diva didn’t falter a bit while walking the Lakme Fashion Week Grand Finale ramp for Sabyasachi. We give it to Kareena Kapoor for carrying herself with such elegance and poise.
Fashionista And Perfectionist – Sonam Kapoor
More than movies, Sonam Kapoor has spent her valuable time in gracing a wide range of fashion shows and events. Among her train of gorgeous appearances, it is damn tough to pinpoint the most fashionable moments of the diva this year.
- She embraced the French fashion royalty in a Ralph & Russo while at the Paris Fashion Week. The vintage touch with the twisted bun hairdo scored the point.
- While the previous creation of Ralph & Russo was endearing, the all-white, sari-inspired creation of the same designer at Cannes 2016 wasn’t quite impressive. The train was way too long and it didn’t complement the beauty of the lady very well.
Queen Of Bollywood – Aishwarya Rai
The unblemished beauty, Aishwarya Rai made a spectacular comeback this year. Be it events, home parties or festivities, she made her appearance note-worthy with fabulous choices of apparel.
- She took a bold step by experimenting with her beauty quotient on a global stage. At the Cannes 2016, she sported a Rami Kadi gown and added a wild shade of purple to her lips. Though we appreciate the diva’s audacity, we weren’t smitten by her look.
- In complete contrast to the Cannes was her style at the launch of L’Oreal’s new collection in Mumbai. The diva’s beauty sprinted out royally in a blue Azzi & Osta gown. Cascading curls suited her ensemble pretty well making it one of the best fashionable moments of this year.
Flirty And Go-Getter – Kangana Ranaut
We all know very well that Kangana has a mind-blowing fashion sense and it definitely shows with her every appearance. Right from the airport to casual outings, she has filled every chapter of fashion with her do-or-die styles.
- To the launch of Grazia’s June cover, Kangana dolled up in a Ferragamo black dress. She carried the uniqueness of the outfit with great attitude and confidence. With her signature tight curls supporting her look, she looked magnetic.
- While the former look was worth every bit of appreciation, the latter was a pure mishap. Being a loyal supporter and ambassador of Gucci, she sported one of their Spring 2015 collection which was a fashion disappointment. You surely will agree with us!!
Charismatic And Graceful – Katrina Kaif
The very appearance of Katrina Kaif brightens our soul. The lady for whom millions wear their heart up their sleeve, created sensation this year with her teasing photoshoots, and her classy, elegant styles.
- Her wolf-whistling worth fashionable moment was captured on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar Bride, December 2016. In a Manish Malhotra contemporary bridal outfit, she flaunted her toned figure gallantly and won our heart.
- She started the year, 2016 with a mind-blowing color-blocking theme and took charge of the Instagram for a while. Wondering which one? It is the Jill Jill Stuart outfit that flooded her with numerous compliments.
- Sleek, slender and classy was Katrina in a bodycon jumpsuit by Mikael D. She aced the style game by adding a pair of classic Louboutin heels to the ensemble.
Bubbly and Cheerful – Alia Bhatt
The young and talented actress, Alia this year bagged a couple of blockbusters into her tote. She gave a tough competition to the B-town ladies with her unbelievably amusing promotional styles and uber-chic appearances.
- For the Filmfare Awards, she dolled up in a Sachin and Babi strapless number. She upped the style game with a fun spirit by wearing two different color pumps from Manolo Blahnik. This can be considered as one of her fashionable moment of this year.
- For her birthday, she was seen sporting a Bambah Boutique outfit. Her choice of the big bow dress was interesting, don’t you think?
- Lastly, the sequin blazer dress by Manish Malhotra that she was spotted in, proved that Alia can make looking good easy in anything.
Flattering And Confident – Anushka Sharma
Working her way up with big films, Anushka has built a fool proof career for herself. From Aarfa to Alizeh, her fashion journey was in check and very attractive.
- Her best fashion moment was in a gray sari with embellished blouse. The subtlety of the shade and the charisma of the diva created a powerful, inspiring impact on the viewers.
- To the Lux Golden Rose Awards, she brought forth a sensuous look in Shehla Khan outfit.
Dashing and Dazzling – Parineeti Chopra
Though Parineeti didn’t appear much on the silver screen this year, she kept her styles on par with all other celebrities and amazed us with her natural beauty.
[Also Read: Parineeti Chopra]
- She carried the military style outfit from Intrinsic with such grace and attitude that we were spellbound. All along the year, the diva sported mini dress styles and this has captured our attention.
- For the L’Officiel magazine cover, July 2016, she stilled gorgeously in a Guapa stripes outfit. Though the diva graced many magazine covers, this look of hers melted our hearts.
The round-up of the most fashionable moments of our divas ends here. Hope you enjoyed the throwback. Share with us your opinions and comments in the section below.
Images Source: instagram