She always wants to smile and be happy, but there is something that prevents her in doing so. The world waits for her gorgeous flash of pearly whites, however she is restrained and cannot smile. No she doesn’t suffer from a nerve problem, and she doesn’t suffer from depression too. She in fact is one of the many that suffers from chapped lips; so painful that it hurts to smile! Sometimes she ends up bleeding and its not a happy sight! Let’s help her, with some treatment for chapped lips, shall we?
[Also Read: Glycerin For Lips]
Really Bad Chapped Lips Need Treatments
There are 15 different DIY treatment for chapped lips which one could use for the severe cases, and today we would like to share them all with you!
1. Cucumber: You could take a slice of cucumber and rub it over the lips thrice a day to help cool down the lips and keep it moistened too.
[Also Read: Don’t Ignore These Dry Lips Symptoms]
2. Petroleum Jelly: If you want an easy treatment for chapped lips, you could apply petroleum jelly twice a day- once in the morning and once before sleeping at night, which helps protect the skin and moisten the lips
3. Honey & Sugar Lip Pack: Make a paste of sugar (1 tbsp) and honey (1 tsp) and apply it thrice a day in your lips. Apply the lip pack and keep it on till it stiffens and then gently wash it off under warm water. This helps do away with the dead skin cells and brings in more moisture into the skin too
4. Olive Oil & Sugar Lip Pack: Mix a tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of sugar, and apply it on your lips thrice a day. In doing so, you would exfoliate the dead skin cells and moisten the lips, keeping the soft and supple all day long.
[Also Read: Best Treatment For Chronic Chapped Lips]
5. Rose Petals & Glycerin: Soak a few rose petals in a tablespoon of glycerine overnight and mash it into a paste the next morning. Apply the paste twice a day; morning and night, and keep the paste on for ten minutes per sitting. Rose has antioxidants that nourish the skin while glycerine hydrates and protects the cells.
6. Coconut Oil: Dab your finger into a jar of coconut oil and apply the same on your lips; thrice a day. This act helps moisten the skin of the lips and is one of the best proven treatment for chapped lips since time immemorial.
7. Castor Oil: Apply a pinch of castor oil four times a day or more on the really bad chapped lips. The oil helps the skin by soaking into it and making it supple. Wash off with warm water after ten minutes of applying; do this as much as you can.
8. Honey: With anti-bacterial properties and hydrating effects to its name, a tablespoon of honey when applied to the dry lips can help treat chapped lips. Do it as often as you want!
[Also Read: How To Apply Lip Liner]
9. Drink plenty of water, which helps bring down the many dermal issues you may be suffering. Water helps flush the toxins out of the lips and the skin, and prevents dryness from occurring too.
10. Mustard Oil: A teaspoon of mustard oil when applied in the navel of the body seems to help do away with chapped lips, says an old wives tale!
11. Raw Glycerin: A few drops of raw glycerine can be applied as a lip balm whenever needed, which helps reduce the occurrence of dry and chapped lips.
12. Clarified butter or ghee can be warmed and applied on the lips and the navel of the body to get done away with chapped lips
13. Cream from whole milk can be a good moisturizer too, and can be applied directly on the lips to keep it moistened, warm and supple!
14. Aloe Vera: The gel of an aloe vera plant can help prevent dry lips or chapping of lips as well. You could apply the gel straight to the lips from the stem of the plant or through a cosmetic too!
15. Butter is an excellent way to deal with severely painful chapped lips! Apply a dollop each day on the lips and let it be. You wouldn’t have painful chapped lips to deal with anymore!
We hope these fifteen remedies on how do you get rid of chapped lips works like magic for you! Please remember to cut down on the consumption of alcohol and smoking too, since they could cause chapped lips and very painful ones as well!
Now you tell us what is good for chapped lips and how you deal with it?