The scorching summer heat can take a toll on your skin. And that’s the reason why summer calls for extra attention. But before you loosen your pocket buying some expensive skin care products, let me just remind you to resort to grandma’s skincare tips to give your skin a natural glow. A glow that your skin deserves.
So dig in to find incredible summer beauty tips to keep your skin glowy and hydrated.
Summer skin care tips you must follow this season!
It is essential to take care of our skin during summers because the UV rays of the sun have the capability to damage or have an impact on our skin. Hence these small tips will cure your skin and even prevent it from getting impacted.
- Wash your face with a facewash!
First of all, it is mandatory to clean your skin to remove dirt, as, in summers, your skin tends to attract dirt and becomes oily. However, for dry-skin owners, you can use mild face washes that don’t make your skin dry.
- Follow a healthy skincare regime
Follow a skincare routine religiously to make your skin healthy and shiny. Also, always pick a gel-based or water-based instead of cream-based because the former ones are light and non-greasy.
- Load up with antioxidants
Antioxidants work like a charm for your skin. They hydrate and prevent the skin from pollutants present in the environment. Besides, they also help in reducing pigmentation caused by Ultraviolet rays. Hence include a good antioxidant serum in your skincare regime or add citrus food, and green leafy vegetables to your diet.
You can use face scrub at least twice a week to remove dirt and access oil from your skin. However, it is essential to use an appropriate face scrub for your skin type and massage in a circular motion.
- Keep your skin moisturized
Summers are humid but still, your skin needs proper moisture. Hence, apply moisturizers, serums, essential oils, etc to keep your skin hydrated. So, for the normal skin type, you can use water-based moisturizers and for acne and oily skins, you can go with gel-based moisturizers.
- Don’t forget to wear a sunscreen
Sun’s Uv rays are harsh to your skin and have the ability to damage it. Hence it is advisable to wear a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30-50 which is suitable for all skin types.
- Avoid wearing heavy makeup
Heavy makeup prevents the skin from breathing. Also, the heat and humidity affect the skin’s ability to breathe. Hence avoid putting on heavy foundations.
- Wear comfortable clothes
Try to wear more comfortable clothes specially made of cotton. Also, avoid tight-fitting garments so that they don’t make you sweat and make your skin itchy.
- Have a bath twice a day
It is essential to maintain good hygiene during summers. Taking a bath at night before going to bed can help remove all the dirt and grease accumulated during the day.
- Drink a lot of water
Did you know drinking a lot of water flushes out toxins and impurities from our bodies? Yes, if our body is hydrated from within, your skin will reflect the same.
- Keep a healthy diet
Summer calls for extra attention when it comes to diet as well. So you should definitely include fruits and vegetables having high water content so that they can keep your body cool. For example, you can have watermelon, cucumber, green leafy veggies, lettuce, etc in your diet.
- Use an anti-tan mask
An anti-tan mask once a week can really help you to keep your skin healthy. There are many masks available in the market that are affordable and easy to apply. Or you can also use some incredible home remedies for the same.
Regular exercise improves the health of your skin by circulating blood to your skin surface efficiently. Besides, exercise makes you sweat and promotes the removal of toxins through perspiration.
Summer skincare remedies to boost your skin’s natural glow!
During summers almost everyone loses their natural glow. Hence, here we are, bringing you some of the best and easy skincare remedies that will naturally boost your skin glow.
1. Cucumber Face Pack: Cucumber face pack is very beneficial for your face as it has got cooling agents to keep your skin cool and healthy. For a cucumber face pack, you need only two ingredients namely:
- Aloe Vera
- Blend cucumber and a teaspoon of Aloe Vera in a mixture grinder until you get a paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and keep it for 10-15 minutes to dry
- Rinse off the pack with cold water, pat dry, and moisturize your skin.
2. Besan Face Pack: Besan face pack is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin in summer. It has the power to remove the dead skin cells which hide between pores and follicles on the skin. Ingredients needed in this pack are:
- Three tablespoon besan
- One tablespoon of milk
- Few drops of lemon
- Pinch of turmeric
- Prepare a paste of all the ingredients mentioned above
- Apply the paste and wait for it to dry
- Once it gets dry, rinse off the mixture gently from cold water
Tomato Face Pack:Tomatoes act like god-sent in summers. They work like a magic on oily and dry skin. In this pack, you just need tomatoes and sugar granules. Tomatoes are good for maintaining the ph balance of your skin while sugar is for exfoliating.
- Make a coarse paste of tomato and sugar in the grinder
- Apply this paste to your face and neck
- Wet your fingers and massage the face upwards
- Keep the pack for 10 mins
- Wash your face with cold water only
- Use this pack only once a week
4. Honey plus Yogurt face pack: Honey is great for retaining moisture while yogurt helps to brighten the skin.
- Take one bowl of honey and add a teaspoon of honey
- Mix well and apply to your skin
- Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water
5. Potato and Rosewater face pack: This pack is perfect for skin brightening. As potato is best for skin brightening while rose water removes impurities and dirt from the skin. Ingredients needed in this pack are :
- One medium-sized potato
- One tbsp yogurt(for dry skin) or lemon juice( for oily skin)
- One teaspoon honey
- Blend potato pieces, rosewater, honey, and yogurt or lemon juice accordingly
- Mix it well and apply the pack to your face
- Let it sit on the skin for 10-20 minutes
- Rinse off with water
6. Banana Face Pack: This pack is incredible for people who want glowy skin in summer. As banana is rich in minerals and nutrients. So here are the ingredients you need to make a banana face pack.
- ½ banana
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- Few drops of rose water
- Mix all the ingredients nicely in a blender for gooey paste
- Apply this face pack to your face and let it sit on your skin for 20 mins
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- For best results use this pack twice a week.
7. Coffee and Lemon: Coffee and Lemon are another skin brightening remedy that you can opt for this summer season. Lemon is rich in vitamin C, while coffee is a great exfoliator.
- Mix one tbsp of coffee and one tbsp of lemon juice in a bowl
- Ensure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Apply this mixture to your face and leave it for 15 minutes
- Rinse off with cold water
8. Turmeric(Haldi) Face Pack: Turmeric is antibacterial that helps to reduce any inflammation. Besides, it also helps the skin to glow naturally because of its antiageing properties.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric to a bowl and mix it well with three tbsp of lemon juice
- Apply this resultant mixture to your face and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with cold water
9. Gram Flour and Turmeric Face Mask: This face mask is one of the oldest skin remedies for glowing skin. All you need is besan (Gram flour), turmeric, and curd.
- Take one tbsp of gram flour and one-fourth tbsp of turmeric and mix it with one tbsp of curd.
- Mix all the ingredients well and make it a smooth paste
- Apply this smooth mixture and leave it for 15 minutes
- Rinse off your face with lukewarm water
10. Almond and Lemon Juice Face mask: Almond and lemon juice face mask is a great remedy for maintaining healthy skin in summer. Lemon helps to get rid of a summer tan, while almond keeps your skin moisturized.
- Grind five to six almonds to make a fine paste
- Add one tbsp lemon juice to the mixture
- Apply this pack to your face and let it sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse off this pack with cold water.
We all are aware of how our skin gets damaged when expose to extreme sunlight. And thus we need to take a little extra care during summers. Following simple home remedies and tips to take care of skin summers will really help your skin to remain healthy and even glow naturally. Also, using some cooling skincare products will help you to be summer-ready.
1) How to take care of your skin in summer?
Apply homemade face packs to keep your skin healthy.
2) Can I use moisturizer in summer?
Yes, you can use moisturizer in summer to prevent your skin from drying.
3) Which home remedy should I follow for glowing skin in summer?
Banana and Tomato face packs are some great home remedies for glowing skin in summer.
4) How to take care of your face in summer?
Wear sunscreen and apply homemade face packs and masks to take care of your face in summer.