Commonly referred to as ‘Dimples Of Venus’; back dimples look sexy. Since past few years, a new craze has developed in which these dimples, located just above the butt area are accentuated and lent a sexier look through piercing. Various fashion magazines show abundant pictures of girls flaunting their back dimple piercing in short tops worn with low waist jeans, skirts, shorts etc.
Considerations before back dimple piercing
Because of their placement, these piercings may get caught on your lower wardrobe like jeans, skirts etc. This can make them prone to be pulled and can be quite a painful affair. Even if clothes like jeans get rubbed on them when they are still raw, the irritation and pain ensuing can be troublesome. Moreover, they are in an area invisible to you. Hence their cleaning and aftercare is an issue if you live all by yourself. They can leave scar and even get rejected if proper after care is not taken. Tight fitting clothes need to be avoided during dimple piercing healing time. The fabrics worn during this time is also restricted. Sitting and sleeping postures and positions also need to be adhered to for complete and safe healing. All issues should be addressed and taken care of before one actually undergoes back dimple piercing.
Basics Of Back Dimple Piercings
Microdermals are mostly used for back dimple piercings. These are made of two folds. One gets placed under the skin and the other gets anchored on the skin with the help of under the skin element. In order to insert the anchor under the skin, a small cut is created into the skin and the flat portion of jewellery attachment inserted on it. Most commonly used accessory for the procedure is barbells. They remain securely installed. Since most of these elements are flat, the piercings do not get caught in the clothes. Changing the jewellery pieces after complete healing is also quite easy. Sometimes double lower back piercing is also done for the bold and the rebel ones.
[Also Read: Types Of Dimples]
BACK DIMPLE PIERCING PAIN
Back dimple piercing pain is well within limits for those with a high tolerance level for pain. Soon after piercing, swelling and tenderness follows which leaves one experiencing a tingling sensation and pain for a few days to a week. Complete healing of back dimple piercing can take anything between one to three months, depending on individual conditions and healing ability.
Preparing for dimple piercing
To avoid any untoward health or beauty side-effects; it’s best to follow all cautions before undergoing the procedure.
- It should only be done by a specialized doctor or reputed salon boasting of reputed doctors to undertake the procedure.
- Both the subject and the specialist should thoroughly wash and disinfect their hands with anti-bacterial liquid.
- A saline solution of salt and water should be prepared just before the procedure for immediate application after the procedure.
- The area to be pierced needs to be pre-marked and cleaned thoroughly with anti-bacterial lotion and air dried to eliminate all micro-organisms which can cause infection.
- Piercing needle and jewellery should also be pre-sterilized and must be sharp enough to cause minimum harm.
- Marked area should be delicately and gently pierced and jewelry immediately inserted.
- Finally, the entire area should be treated with highly potent anti-bacterial solution to minimize chances of any infection.
[Also Read: How To Get Dimples Naturally]
Healing and aftercare of the piercing
It is important to realize that back dimple piercing is actually an invasion of the skin and thus it’s after care is extremely important if one wishes to avoid any health complications. Any carelessness can lead to permanent scarring and in rare cases, damage to underneath nerves and muscles.
Predominantly, the aftercare process involves taking care that no lower wardrobe gets rubbed or stuck in the piercings which may aggravate the situation.
- Loose fitting clothes with adequate air ventilation are recommended.
- The area should be regularly cleaned with antibacterial solution and soaked in saline solution in frequent intervals. This not only eliminates any possible infections but also alleviates pain.
- Utmost precaution should be exercised to ensure that no injury gets inflicted on the pierced area. Unnecessary fiddling and touching of area with unwashed hands is a taboo.
- Once the pain has subsided, the area can be cleaned gently with a mild soap during a bath and dried using clean paper towels.
- Un-prescribed lotions, ointments, moisturizers, sprays etc should not be applied.
- Sleeping on the back too is not recommended during the healing period.
- Regular checkups guarantee a hassle-free healing.
Back dimple piercings are the latest fashion and can look super sexy and alluring. Nevertheless, its health risks and infections cannot be overlooked. Nevertheless, if all the safety measures and adequate precautionary and complete care steps are exercised, there is no reason to stop you from treading the path. Let us know how sexy was your back dimples!