We did speak about the various types of shampoos in our previous posts and how important they are for each hair type too. But let us ask you this, do you even know what goes into the making of your shampoo? The answer is NO!
This is why we are here to let you know of a pH balancing shampoo, made from scratch, which will do good for your scalp and your hair. Learn these two recipes very well and go easy on the budget this month.
Two Ways To Make Your Homemade Coconut Oil Shampoo
[Also Read: Keratese Shampoos]
Homemade Coconut Shampoo Recipe Number 1
For this recipe, you would need half a cup of castile, a teaspoon of almond or olive oil, one and a half cup of coconut milk, a tablespoon of raw honey, a couple of drops of any essential oil of your choice and a cup of water. Start by heating the water and dissolve the honey in it. When the honey is dissolved, pour the same into a container and to this add the oils and the coconut milk. Give it a gentle swirl and then shake well for a second until it turns foamy. Keep it in the washroom cabinet and use as and when needed. This shampoo would last a month, and to enhance the conditioning, you may add a cup of apple cider vinegar to it.
Homemade Coconut Shampoo Recipe Number 2
To make the homemade coconut oil shampoo, you would need a cup of homemade coconut milk shampoo, which can be made the same way as mentioned in recipe number one. To this, we would add half a cup of baby shampoo, a teaspoon of vitamin E oil and ten drops of any essential oil of your choice. Give it a good mix and a stir, and wait till it foams. Keep it in the washroom cabinet and use it thrice a week for dry and brittle hair, twice a week for normal hair and once a week for oily hair.
[Also Read: Refined vs Unrefined Coconut Oil]
Benefits Of Homemade Coconut Shampoo Recipe
While we shared two amazing recipes on coconut based shampoo, let us tell you the benefits your hair would receive.
- Coconut milk helps hydrate the scalp and lock in the moisture, which means you wouldn’t have to worry about dry and frizzy hair or brittle hair anymore. The moisture locked in would help keep the hair soft and tangle free for a very long time.
- Coconut milk is known to nourish the hair follicles with the proteins it has in store. This means the hair follicles won’t get weak and wouldn’t break off easily in the long run. The next time you comb your hair, thanks to the coconut proteins, your hair would not fall off that easily.
- Need more volume and shine to your hair, a cup of homemade coconut milk shampoo can help. This is because, the homemade coconut oil shampoo can help replenish the hair fibers and also bring back the long lost shine and luster too.
- You wouldn’t have to worry about flaky and dry scalp issues anymore, not when the coconut milk in the shampoo made at home can help moisten and keep the scalp clean. How cool is that?
- Hair grows thicker and faster. It is proven in ayurveda and by science as well that coconut milk helps the hair grow long and strong, thick too.
Do let us know your thoughts on this post and share your recipes of DIY coconut shampoo, coconut shampoo benefits and on hair care as well!