Glycerin is a natural amalgamation made of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. It is a liquid that is colorless, syrupy, water-soluble, sweet tasting and inodorous. It is notable regarding its various benefits for skin and hair care. On skin it moisturizes and restores the cells; thus there are numerous glycerin uses like in soaps, moisturizers, body scrubs, body lotions and face masks. Along with this it is rather beneficial for the hair, and hence is constituted in shampoos and conditioners.
[Also Read: Glycerin For Skin Whitening ]
Benefits Of Glycerin For Hair And Skin
In case you’re worried if glycerin would suit your skin and hair or not, don’t worry. It suits nearly everybody and enhances the health of skin. It is effective on all skin types and that too without any side effects. Read on to reap the knowledge of why glycerin is useful and the benefits of glycerin.
- Rejuvenates the skin cells
- Skin lightening effect
- Anti-aging effect
- Enhances skin softness
- Tones skin
- Clears blackheads and pigmentation from skin
- Suitable for use on babies and sensitive skin.
Glycerin Uses For Beauty
Following listed are some simple skin and hair care regimes to incorporate in your lifestyle for getting that glowing beauty you desired:
[Also Read: Glycerin On Face]
Glycerin For Skin
- To soften skin – Mix a tablespoon of glycerin and ten tablespoons of water and apply this before going to bed at night. Rinse off in the morning.
- To tone skin – Combine one-fourth cup of glycerin with one and 1/2 cups of rose water. Put in spray bottle and use as toner. If you have a skin type that is oily, add an equal amount of lemon juice into the mixture and apply as stated.
- To moisturize – Mix a tablespoon of each Vitamin E oil, Vaseline and glycerin. Put on half-an-hour before taking a shower.
- To heal heel cracks – Wash your feet well and apply glycerin on your cracked heels.
- To heal wounds and burns – Put glycerin directly on all burn marks and wounds.
- To cleanse skin – Same mixture used as was in toner. Instead of putting in spray bottle, simple take a small amount in cotton and dab on face every night. If your skin is oily, as mentioned in the toner recipe, add lemon juice of equal quantities.
- To sustain skin – Add glycerin to your everyday moisturizer and use daily.
- To inhibit wrinkles – Mix together an egg white, a teaspoon of honey and teaspoon of honey. Apply on face. Wash off after 20 minutes.
- To remove acne – Combine a tablespoon of glycerin, half tablespoon of Borax powder, half tablespoon of camphor, cup of distilled water in a bowl. Put on face. Wash off with first lukewarm water, then rinse again with cold water.
To remove blackheads – Mix together one tablespoon of fullers earth (multani mitti), four tablespoons of almond powder and glycerin in to a paste. Apply on blackheads and when dry wash off with cold water.
Glycerin For Hair
- To Hydrate and Soften Hair – Mix comparable quantities of water & vegetable glycerin and a few drops of the essential oil you use. Shake & spray on hair while damp. Leave it in.
- To Strengthen and Brighten Hair – Combine together a tablespoon of castor oil, a teaspoon of glycerin and a teaspoon of cider vinegar. Apply on hair roots and massage in. Wash off with a tepid shampoo in half an hour.
- To relieve split heads and strengthen hair – Mix an egg, two tablespoons castor oil, a teaspoon of glycerin and a teaspoon of cider vinegar. Apply all over scalp and one each hair shaft. Wash hair with a mellow shampoo after 40 minutes.
[Also Read: Amazing Uses Of Vegetable Glycerin]
Precautions to take while using Glycerin –
Don’t go over the top with the use of glycerin! Be careful and follow the subsequent measures –
- Dilute glycerin with water or rosewater before administering on your face directly. Rose water is preferred.
- Do not leave on the mixtures for longer time periods. Over hydration can occur.
- Avoid combining glycerin creams that are viscid.
- Wash off all traces of glycerin before going out. It is sticky and thus will allow pollutants to stick.
[Also Read: Uses of Vaseline]
So these were a few of the many glycerin uses and benefits for hair and skin. Select the one you perfect for you and incorporate into your lifestyle. The skin care regimes can be practiced daily or every other day (if you’re too busy!). And do either of the hair care routines just once a week for healthy lustrous tresses. Further, glycerin oil can be applied directly on your face and skin to avert from dull, rough and itchy skin. Just incorporate these simple skin and hair care system in your lifestyle, and see it’s positive effects!