Worrying about how the monsoon is going to dampen your style or you will have to sacrifice style? Fret not! By carefully selecting your rain-wear, rain-proof pieces can help save you from the rains. So here’s how you can dress right and be fashionably forward despite the heavy downpour. Keep these few easy monsoon fashion tips in mind.
- It is pointless wearing anything below the knee as it will get mucky so get yourself short rompers that you can team up with any t-shirt.
[Also Read: What Clothes To Avoid In Rainy Season ]
- Counter the dull weather with no fuss fashion in sporty tee or racer back tee in cheery canary yellow, florescent, midnight blue, hot pink, fuchsia, emerald green, orange and vermilion hues.
- Mid length capes are ideal for monsoon, they add practicality and punch. Or embrace classic trench coats for monsoons. When paired with jeans, destroyed denims or leggings they give a functional and cute look. Be it the slight nip in the air, chilly rain or plain styling, whatever is on your mind you will be at your fashionable best!
- Trapeze shirts or trapeze shaped dresses in nice prints are apt for rainy days. Play with the neon trend here.
- Cropped pants or a classic pair of cut off shorts are a good bet for monsoon fashion.
[Also Read: High Street Fashion]
- Even a nice summery dress or a skater in floral, Aztec or abstract, chevron patterns, checks, paisley printed or striped or even plain candy shades are in vogue right now and would be great to brighten up a gloomy day. While you are at it, you can experiment with a flirty short dress and patent leather or denim jacket and belts for a look that’s both edgy and girly.
- Rain jackets, windcheater or ponchos which are water proof are a must buy for monsoons. Pick up a few in fun bright colours or stripes to sail you through the months.
- Give in to your inner child by opting for plastic or beaded jewellery pieces or even rubber watches in bright candy hues.
- Go for messenger or tote or basket bags or strappy sling bags in plastic, patent leather or water-proof fabrics in bold hues, they are compact wherein you can carry your world from day to night. Even clear, plastic hand bags are the newest arm candies on the fashion radar.
- Swap your expensive leather footwear for plastic, Perspex, rubber, pleather, or protectant-treated, patent leather ballerinas, jelly shoes, floaters, rain gum boots, flip flops in colourful variety. They keep your feet clean, happy, utilitarian, fun and very monsoon-worthy! Alternatively, try eco-friendly lace-up shoes in Crocs.
[Also Read: Stylish Waterproof Footwear]
- Make sure you have enough of nylon, lycra, chiffon, crepe, georgette, cotton blends or mixed fabrics as they dry faster.
Designer Sonya Vajifdar’s style tip:
Now we turn it over to you. Come rain or shine you are sure to be monsoon ready with these handy fashion inputs!