Valentine’s Day is around the corner and it’s time to set his heart aflutter with your beauty yet again! Haven’t planned your makeup yet? Fret not! That’s because we’ve got you covered. There is no denying this season of love allows you to engage with your girly side and experiment with a new beauty style. So that’s why we’re bringing you six pretty Valentine makeup looks that can be copied rather easily.
Few of the looks we’re sharing with you are cute and flirtatious with pastel blue eye makeup and orange lips, dramatic lashes, and adding that dash of color to your cheeks.
Luckily, we’ve done the work for you and rounded up these six pretty makeup tutorials for Valentine’s Day. So go ahead, apply your base makeup, and follow these Valentine’s makeup tutorial to add that WOW factor to your date night.
1. Exfoliate To Brighten Your Complexion
Try exfoliating once or twice a week using an at-home peel containing glycolic, alpha-hydroxy or salicylic acid. After the first peel, your skin will look shinier and tighter and after four weeks, you will see a noticeable difference in skin tone.
- For normal skin: make use of one-step salicylic or glycolic acid peel, like Avon and Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel
- For oily or combination skin try peels daily like Biotique Bio Peach Clarifying and Refining Peel-off Mask or Philosophy- The Microdelivery Peel.
- For sensitive skin try using gentle peel like L’Oreal Paris Dermo-Expertise ReNoviste Anti-Ageing Peel.
2. Lengthen Your Lashes To Add Drama To Your Eyes
For maximizing your lashes, all you need is mascara and a few tricks.
- Begin by curling your lashes. Gently pull lashes at the roots moving along the length, squeezing as you go.
- Apply mascara by wiggling the wand back and forth at the roots to coat the lashes with mascara as much before pulling the wand straight up.
- To separate the lashes, apply three coats of mascara. Comb through the mascara while it’s still wet using a clean and dry spooley brush.
- The Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler and Maybelline mascara are standard choices.
- There are a lot of makeup video tutorials on maximizing lashes. Here is one of them you can follow to flutter your lashes and make his heart skip a beat:
3. Pretty Your Pout
- Exfoliate your lips.
- Slather on a lip balm containing ingredients like alpha hydroxy acid. Make your lips kiss-ready, super soft, and supple by moisturizing them with a lip balm containing petrolatum, shea butter, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone.
- Add color using a tinted balm.
- E Solutions Lip Refine, Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer, Benefit Benetint Lip Balm, SPF 15.
4. Go For Romantic Pastel Blue Eyelids
Pale blue eyeshadow is feminine and super chic making a great Valentine’s Day eye makeup idea. Make this eye makeup look fresh and dewy by keeping the rest of the face and lips natural.
- Apply pastel blue eyeshadow using a clean dome shape on the upper eyelid.
- Or, draw along the lower lash line.
- Try products like MakeUp For Ever Aqua Matic Eyeshadow in Metallic Golden Khaki, Sephora, and MAC Dazzleshadow Eyeshadow in Try Me On, Mecca to look like a mermaid.
5. Don’t Underestimate The Blush
Give your cheeks a good rosy tint to up your feminine charm. A creamy formula can lend you the most natural look and make a cute Valentine’s Day makeup idea. It can also go on sheer and is easily blendable. To select your best shade, gently pinch your cheeks to match the blush to the color you attain. Some of these colors can be found in several of these high-quality brands:
- Revlon Cream Blush in Rosy Glow and Becca Crème Blush in Turkish Rose. This is most suitable for pale skin.
- CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry and Nars Cream Blush in Constantinople. This is most suitable for medium skin.
- Maybeline New York Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum and Lancome Color Design Blush in Retro Rouge. This is most suitable for dark skin.
6. Dab That Orange Gloss To Bedazzle Him
If you prefer a subtle and sleek look, then dab on orange gloss with added shine. You’d be good to go anywhere with this look.
- Make use of an orange lip liner to trace the lines of your mouth first. Then fill in the rest of your lips. This can help you in keeping your lipstick on longer.
- Make use of a lip brush to apply the lipstick perfectly.
- Try MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in What A Blast and MAC Lipmix in Orange.
There are high chances that you probably already have the products needed to recreate these six pretty makeup tutorials. So go ahead and follow these simple instructions to look ravishing on the forthcoming Valentine’s Day. For more ideas, read our other articles on Valentine’s Day hair and makeup.