Some days you just don’t feel like wasting time doing your makeup and hair before taking up another couple more minutes figuring out your OOTD. But few occasions calls for dress-up. And no matter how big or small the occasion is dressing to impress is a reflection of one-self.
The Indian wedding, for instance usually features a sangeet, mehndi, pheras, and cocktail reception. While few Indian wedding or engagement ceremonies put the focus on traditional silhouettes, the cocktail party allows a breather for red-carpet worthy glamour. This is especially so when the dress code of the invitations shows cocktail formal. It becomes only natural for other guests to make an appearance in gowns.
When it comes to wedding cocktail gown, the options are many and selecting one that suits you the most can become overwhelming.
If you cannot envision on how you want to look on your big day, then take inspiration from celebs that seem to have perfected red-carpet dressing. When it comes to cocktail gowns, there are too many celebs that have perfected on keeping that fine balance.
So allow your favorite Bollywood celebs to inspire you with their style so that you look your very best. We have Bollywood inspired cocktail gowns worth drawing insight from.
Top 9 Types Of Cocktail Gowns Popular In Bollywood:
Check out the Bollywood style directory before you pick your cocktail gown.
1. Try soft pink tones like Sonam Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor Khan, and Katrina Kaif:
Pastel tones and millennial pink are totally capturing the theme of every Indian wedding these days.
Take inspiration from Sonam Kapoor and Katrina Kaif as they bring on the fairytale glamour realistically.
You can complete the look with diamond jewellery, dewy makeup and embellished hair accessories just like how Kareena Kapoor Khan did it here.
2. Bring on some sass like Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra:
Confused as how to bring out your inner daring side without appearing gaudy? Well then you should take cue from Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra. They simply heightened their drama with some extra ass. While selecting your cocktail gown, look up for distinguishing aspects like color and jewellery that complements it all. Indulge as much; be as bold and experimental as you go that extra mile.
3. Doing it with fringes, tassels, feathers, and ruffles like Alia Bhatt and Disha Patani:
This season as you may have notice is big on ruffles, feathers, fringes, and tassels party gowns. All these can be easily slipped into a sangeet, reception, and cocktail party.
Take inspiration on how Alia Bhatt wore a fluffy ruffled gown or gown sleeves as worn by Athiya Shetty on your cocktail party.
If you prefer more added twist like feathers and sequins, allow Diana Penty and Disha Patani to show you how it’s done.
A little skin show like Parineeti Chopra never hurts anyone. Follow her style and go for an embroidered mini with a voluminous train for maximum impact and minimum effort.
4. Do Monochrome like Mira Rajput Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor:
Monochrome suits the classic bride. Channel Mira Rajput Kapoor’s style ideology like this white well-fitted gown featuring sheer panels with a hint of playfulness.
Or, match Sonam Kapoor’s androgynous look with a blazer atop her cocktail gown.
5. Make a show stopping entry like Aishwarya Rai:
Remember the show-stopping icy blue gown by Micheal Cinco worn by Aishwarya Rai? All eyes will be set on you undoubtedly if you go for a look this powerful.
You can also refer to Ralph & Russo’s gown worn by Deepika Padukone. Since wedding time is the most glorious occasion, you will easily be able to pull off a cocktail gown look this striking. So do not think twice before making your decision.
6. Say it with color like Priyanka Chopra and Alia Bhatt:
If you are not a fan of embellishments then make a statement with colors. Just like how Alia Bhatt stormed out with a hot pink by Sachin and Babi number and Jason Wu’s gown worn by Priyanka Chopra. You can try on accessories to make your ensemble look more wedding appropriate. Try solid colored hues in warm tones to photograph better.
7. Bring on some Bling like Sonam Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha:
Allow embellishments to become the focus of your cocktail look. Since, they are a safe bet as shown by Sonam Kapoor’s (gold gown) and Sonakshi Sinha (red crystal studded gown from IIFA Awards) embellishments can become the focus of your cocktail look.
8. Fresh Floral Accents like Neha Dhupia:
Form-fitted and body flattering cocktail gown seem to be a favorite for B-town celebs these days. Their cocktail gowns have graced several carpets including this Neha Dhupia’s number at the Filmfare Awards. Her white gown finished with orange floral accents can be easily carried to any cocktail party or event.
9. One shouldered design as seen on Kareena Kapoor:
The one-shouldered dress design is a true trend that keeps making a remarkable comeback. Designers are proposing sexy versions of this class design. Monisha Jaising’s signature creation worn by Kareena Kapoor Khan boasts of the rich color and is perfect for cocktail party. The actress finished her look with a soft updo and a pair of Nirav Modi’s earrings.
How to Shop for Cocktail for your Reception:
- Decide whether you want to focus on volume, embellishments or colors. It’s best to take a complete check of stores and online website for cocktail attire for women before taking your final decision.
- If you are going for a customized gown, then try two trails. If you make a purchase online, then have a chat with the website’s style expert as to whether you are making the right choice. You should take into account the website’s policy for returns and customization before making the transaction.
- Do not put on a gown which is not your size. If you are having second thoughts about the length or extended trail, then have the gown fitted according to your body to avoid any kind of discomfort.
- Think about the details like you being comfortable whilst walking around in the gown. Do not opt for a constricted cut hem that constricts from walking comfortably.