Most of us have grown up by using Multani Mitti as a face pack. Our grandmothers and mothers used multani mitti as de-tan and anti-pimple face pack since ages. Also known as Fullers’ Earth, multani mitti benefits are famous all around the world. An organic and inexpensive item that has so many benefits- bet you didn’t know that! In this article we will tell you all the uses of multani mitti-some of these multani mitti beauty tips you already know, the others might just surprise you!
[Also Read: Multani Mitti Face Pack]
Uses of Multani Mitti – Multani Mitti Beauty Tips
In this article we will tell you all the uses of multani mitti-some of these multani mitti beauty tips you already know, the others might just surprise you!
As An Oil Absorber
For those of us who are constantly struggling with oily skin, multani mitti can be a great ingredient to soak in all the excessive sebum and oil on your skin. One of the amazing benefits of multani mitti is that it can unclog your pores in a jiffy. Regularly using a face pack can do wonders to your skin. Here is how you can make a simple face pack with multani mitti:
- Mix fuller’s earth, rose water, and sandalwood powder
- Apply this mixture and let it dry on its own
- Use lukewarm water to wash off your face pack
- If you have very oily skin, use this face pack daily but in case of moderately oily skin or combination skin, use the face pack twice or thrice in a week
[Also Read: Multani Mitti For Hair]
Multani Mitti For Fairness
Yes, Fullers’ Earth is also great clay for fairness. In most parts of India, multani mitti is purely used to lighten the skin tone. In fact, for duskier babies, multani mitti can be an amazing way to lighten the skin tone. The face pack again is very easy to prepare. You can use the face pack you used above and apply it twice or thrice in a week to get amazing fairness.
You can also use multani mitti with some other ingredients to improve your complexion. Here’s what you can do:
- Mix two tablespoons of fuller’s earth with homemade curd.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes (the longer, the better!)
- Add one teaspoon of mint powder and blend it with the mixture.
- Use the mixture as a face pack on your skin and again leave it for at least 20-30 minutes
- Use lukewarm water to remove the face pack
- This pack can be used twice or thrice daily for an even-toned complexion
[Also Read: Bentonite Clay Benefits]
Multani Mitti For Acne
You may be thinking, ‘Not another beauty product which claims to calm down acne’, well, we have some good news for you! Multani Mitti actually works to get rid of that pesky acne. Two main causes of acne-oily skin and clogged pores which commonly cause acne are addressed by Multani mitti. Here’s a good face pack to get rid of acne:
- Take two teaspoons of fuller’s earth and mix it with one teaspoon of neem leaf paste, a pinch of camphor and rose water to make a thick paste
- Apply the paste over your face, but concentrate more on those areas which have acne
- Leave this paste on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water
- Use this pack at least once a week to keep your skin acne free
- Please note- This face pack dries your skin, you need to use a moisturizer after the face pack to restore the moisture in your skin
If neem paste is not readily available, you can also use Himalaya’s neem face pack.
Multani Mitti For Removing Scars
Now you know that multani mitti can be used to get rid of your acne but what about those scars that they have left behind? Well, multani mitti can do that too! A simple face pack made of fuller’s earth, carrot pulp and olive oil can remove those scars with regular use.
Did we manage to break your pre-conceived notions about Multani Mitti? Let us know in the comments which face pack worked the best for you.