Your skin dries out very easily and the worst part is that you don’t even realize it happening! Eventually, you start to feel that your skin needs proper hydration. But how to go about it and what to use? Moisturizing and cold creams works for a short while, but eventually that also begins drying out. So we’ve brought to you another key element that will assist in keeping the moisture of your skin locked.
We are well aware of glycerin benefits for skin and hair care. It has a major role in attracting moisture and restores the cells; thus there are numerous glycerin uses like in soaps, moisturizers, body scrubs, body lotions and face masks. That’s why we’re here – to help you combat the everyday issues, all credit goes to glycerin for dry skin.
[Also Read: Glycerin For Skin]
You’ve all heard glycerin is effective in skin care and for the purpose of moisturizing, however how can glycerin be used for dry skin and that too in our daily skin care routine. We have listed various manners in which glycerin can be utilized and incorporated in to your everyday routines. They have been categorized as per the types of skin (ie; dry, normal etc).
How To Apply Glycerin On Dry Skin
- Face Cleansing Regime – Simply mix together a teaspoon of glycerin with two teaspoons of water. Put on your face via the use of a cotton ball. Cover lips and even the eyelash areas. Do a steaming session for up to 7 minutes then wash your face with cold water.
- Face Pack Regime – To your normal face pack add in a few drops of water (or rose water) and glycerin. This will prevent the face pack from completely drying out and hence prevent your skin from being drier than it usually is. It will in fact work as a moisturizer and add ample suppleness.
[Also Read: Glycerin On Face]
- Face Cream Regime – Add few drops of glycerin to your moisturizing cream and use as normal. You could even add some drops to your sunscreen to retain your natural skin color even under the harsh sun.
- Body Cleansing Regime – Add a few drops of glycerin to a bucket of water and use it to bathe. Or you can alternatively add about 4 to 5 teaspoons of glycerin to four cups of water and pour this over your body. Do not rinse it off to avail utmost moisturization all day long.
[Also Read: Glycerin For Lips]
- Body Cream Regime – Add few drops of glycerin to your body lotion and use as to keep the skin well hydrated.
How to Apply Glycerin On Normal or Sensitive Skin
- Face Cleansing Regime – Combine together a teaspoon of glycerin with two teaspoons of water. Put on your face with a cotton ball. Remember to apply on lips. Be careful to only do a steaming session for maximum 5 minutes then wash your face with cold water immediately. This type of skin is in need of minimal moisture. For your eyes, put on wet cotton pads dabbed with glycerin and water for ten minutes.
- Eyes & Lips Balming Regime – Apply glycerin as a lip balm and on your eyelids each night before going to bed.
- Body Cleansing Regime – Blend glycerin with warm honey and apply on face, knees and elbows. Rinse off with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Body Cream Regime – A combination of glycerin and honey will work just as well when combined with your face creams or body lotions.
And that’s it! Pretty easy, eh? You have probably observed that none of them take more than 10 minutes of your time. Also, they don’t require any extra ingredients either. So try utilizing glycerin for dry skin on face and also body.
Keep in mind that these regimes are for assisting your skin in hydration. If you’re interested in skin lightening or clearing off pigmentation; glycerin will help, but not via these recipes. Do not integrate these skin care procedures in to your lifestyle if you have oily skin; it could cause your skin to over-hydrate and become excessively greasy.
[Also Read: Best Toners For Dry Skin]
Precautions To Take While Using Glycerin
- Use with either water or rose water always. Diluted glycerin is best.
- Avoid leaving on skin for prolonged durations and also avert from over-infusing glycerin in to your routine. It could lead to over-hydration of your skin.
- Take care not to use it with an oily or greasy lotion. Glycerin by nature is sticky and if used with a sticky lotion it could allow dust to adhere to it.Use glycerin for dry skin and see how it transform your skin!