How many of you are pissed off that instead of all your serious efforts the flab between your chest and your armpits bulges out like a balloon? No darling! It is not all about wearing an ill-fit bra. It is actually your under-toned upper back that is seeking extra care and love.
Yes, we are talking about bra fat, which most of us are not that aware of. A flabby upper back area may result into bra overhang, thereby ruining your toned appearance. So, the question is how to get rid of it?
[Also Read: Dresses For Fat Legs]
Well, the answer is simple. Exercise, exercise and exercise!
Here are 5 super effective moves for you:
1. Incline Dumbbell Fly To Press
This is one of the best exercises for firming up the chest and the adjacent back area as it works directly on the muscles like pectoralis major and the anterior head of the deltoid.
Equipment: An inclined bench, two dumbbells (5 lbs to 7 lbs each)
- Lie down on the inclined bench and keep your feet flat on the floor
- Create a hammer-grip position by holding the dumbbells in your hands. Stretch your arms in front of you with the elbows straightened and palms facing each other
- Keep the arms straight and open them out gradually to both of your sides until it creates a mild feeling of stretch across the upper body. Your arms should be at right angles with your body and palms should face up during this step
- Now, pull both your arms back and hold them up to return to the initial position
- Again, open out your arms to both sides of your body by bending the elbows at 90-degrees.
- Press them back to the initial position, while squeezing the dumbbells together
- Return to the starting position
2. Mountain Climber
It is a short yet intense cardio exercise that targets the entire shoulder area, including shoulder blades and chest, to help you get rid of bra overhang.
[Also Read: How To Remove Chin Fat]
- Get yourself into a traditional plank position with your body supported by your toes and arms. Keep the elbows straight and place your shoulders in line with them
- Draw your abdominal muscles inwards and squeeze your glutes too
- Now, lift any of your knees and bend it towards your chest by placing the ball of the foot on the floor
- Jump in the air and flip the positions of your legs immediately. Make sure that you do not curve your body and maintain the plank position continuously
- Keep practicing it again and again at a rapid pace up to 1 minute or so
3. Jump Rope
If you want to get back the shape of your chest and back area by discarding annoying bra fat easily, you have to opt for this simple cardio exercise featuring great arm movements.
Equipment: A jumping rope
- Stand straight on the ground with your knees and feet attached together
- Hold the handles of the jumping rope in your palms and place rest of the part of it at your heels behind your body
- Your arms should be placed at the sides of your body with your elbows relaxed. Keep your chin tucked and look at the ground at a distance of around 4 ft. in front of you
- Now, start practicing jumping rope and squeeze your shoulder blades as you go ahead
- Increase your speed gradually and continue it up to 3 minutes
[Also Read:Jump Rope For Slim Waist]
4. Bird Dog
This move combines the positions of both a dog and a bird. It is one of the best freehand exercises for upper back and can easily give you satisfactory result for banishing bra fat.
- Start in a four-legged position by placing your palms and your knees on the floor with your shoulders and your hips in line with them respectively
- Now, lift your right arm slowly and steadily forward in order to make it parallel to the ground
- Also, lift your left leg backward so that it also becomes parallel to the ground. It should create a straight line starting from the fingers of your right arm to the heel of your left leg
- Hold the position for a couple of seconds
- Return to the starting position slowly
- Swap the positions of your legs and arms and repeat
[Also Read: Simple Tips on to slim fat thighs]
5. Straight Arm Tricep Kickback
This tricep kickback needs to be performed in a perfect ‘hinge position’ with the arms kept straight. The extension created this way can help reduce bra fat efficiently.
Equipment: Two dumbbells (2 lbs to 5 lbs each)
[Also Read: Best workout for your body type]
- Stand upright by keeping your feet at a distance of shoulders
- Hold the dumbbells in your hands and let your arms stay by the sides of your body in a relaxed manner
- Bend the upper part your body forward starting from your waist, while keeping your spine totally straight. Your torso should make an angle of 45 degrees with the vertical line
- Now, stretch your arms backward as far as possible. Make sure that they are straightened with the elbows locked
- Hold the position for 5 to 10 seconds and then return to the initial position
So, just gear up girls! Say ‘NO’ to pesky bra fat and flaunt your sexy back to the world!