So you are a total fitness-freak, who strongly believes that skipping gym a day means turning into an ugly, fat slob? Wow! Then you must have a slim-trim, super sexy figure, right?
Oh! Did you just say ‘no’? But why are you not getting desired results even after hours of hard gym sessions?
Let us help you with exercises for different body types.
Maybe you are not working out as per the shape of your body. Yes, it is of utmost importance that you determine your body type and set your fitness goal before designing a workout plan.
[Also Read: How To Fit Into Size Zero Jeans]
Here is our guide best workout for your body type:
1. Hourglass Body
Body Features: You’ve got a true bombshell figure! The wide bone structure, the heavy top-bottom and the narrower waistline makes you perfectly curvy.
All you need to do is firm up your body and bring a balance between the upper portion and lower portion without losing a bit of your feminine curves.
Best Workouts for Specific Body Types – Hourglass Figure:
- Cardio Training:Practice 3 to 5 times a week. A longer session (45-minute) should be of low intensity (50%-70%), while a shorter session (20 to 30-minute) should be of high intensity (70%-80%). Try lots of variations to focus different muscle groups on different days and get ultimate results.
- Strength Training:Practice twice to thrice a week. Develop lean muscles and make your upper back stronger by using moderate weight and performing movements like shoulder press, bent over row, etc., 2 sets of 8 to 15 reps for each. To keep your lower body in balance with your upper part, perform dumbbell squat, single leg calf raise etc., 2 sets of 20 reps each, with light weight.
2. Athletic Body
You have a slightly wider upper section and you end up gaining extra padding easily around your tummy. The larger and comparatively heavier bone structure gives you a strong and muscular appearance.
Focus on healthy and proportionate development of muscles. Also, try to maintain a slim waistline with a balanced lower body by performing compound movements and light to heavy weight-lifting on an alternate basis.
Best Workouts for Specific Body Types: Athletic Body
- Cardio Training:Practice 3 to 4 times every week. Each session should be 30 to 45-minutes long and the intensity levels should vary greatly for optimal fat burning, improvement of cardiac health and maintenance of a lean body.
- Weight Training:Practice twice to thrice every week. Use moderate to heavy weight to perform 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps. The interval time between each set should be 45 seconds.
3. Straight Body
You have a straight, boyish body frame with fragile bone structure. Both the upper and lower parts of your body are equally thin. It is a true challenge for you to build muscle mass, gain healthy weight and add womanly curves.
You have to develop enough strength to enhance the composition of your body and add definition to your ‘string bean’ figure. Focus on exercises that can increase muscle-mass and shape up your frame nicely.
Best Workouts for Specific Body Types: Straight Body
- Cardio Training:Practice maximum thrice a week as you need it only for advancing your stamina and overall health instead of burning calories. Also, keep the intensity level low to moderate.
- Weight Training:Practice twice to thrice a week. The pace should be slow and controlled, while the intensity should be moderate to difficult. Performing 2 to 3 sets of 6 to 10 reps for each with an interval time of 1 minute between each set will help you build up your muscles.
4. Apple-Shaped Body
You are tired of struggling with that extra layer of fat around your abdomen. So, you have a rounder mid-section with narrower upper and lower parts.
Try to follow a workout plan that will target your belly bulge, blast your stubborn fat and contour your waistline by tightening up the muscles.
Best Workouts for Specific Body Types: Apple Shaped Body
A robust cardio routine can do wonder for your body shape. Practice cardio stretch 6 days a week, which includes a 30-minute session of power yoga followed by a 30 to 45-minute session of power walking. It will elevate your heart rate and help you burn sufficient amount of fat.
Practice twice to thrice every week. You may go for exercises like diamond push-up, plank, etc., 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps for each. These can work on your abdominal as well as transverse abdominal muscles and give your mid-area a leaner appearance.
5. Pear-Shaped Body
Your narrow upper body, small waist and heavier bottom give you a classic feminine shape. But, you lack that even, well-balanced look due to this disproportionate deposition of fat.
You require an efficient combination of cardio and strength training that can balance out your entire shape by sculpting the upper body and firming the lower body. It should help you burn more calories in lesser time, while developing ‘metabolically active lean muscle-mass’ too.
Practice 5 to 6 times a week. A 45-minute session may include any lower impact exercise like cycling, swimming, jogging or simply walking.
Practice 4 to 5 times a week. Train your upper body with exercises like chest press, dumbbell shoulder press, dumbbell bicep curl, etc., 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps for each by using moderate weight. Keep decreasing the number of reps and increasing the amount of weight as you go in order to achieve perfect symmetry.
[lso Read The Power of Bench Exercises for Weight Loss.]
So, what is your body shape? Just figure it out and you will be all set to get your customized workout plan.