Isn’t it amazing to have a warm nice shower at the end of the day? A shower that soothes and relaxes the body and the mind, and provides instant relief and nirvana to the soul as well! Sounds divine, doesn’t it? This is why, we need to learn how to enhance our daily showers. For this, we shall talk to you about how to use essential oils in the shower. A drop of oil in the bath water isn’t enough, there are other considerations to think of and things to do when learning how to use essential oils in the shower, which allows you to enjoy your siesta. Read on and learn more.
[Also Read: Amazing Uses Of Essential Oils]
Tips On How To Use Essential Oils In The Shower
Take a look at our checklist and keep these tips in mind befroe you think of indulging in a warm shower with essential oils!
- Prepare yourself mentally and physically for the shower before you enter the bathroom.
- Bear in mind always the therapeutic properties and the benefits you would receive from the essential oil that you would be using in the shower
- Read the instructions on the oil and put only that amount in the washcloth or the bucket; any more or less could lead to harmful effects.
- When showering, place the induced washcloth on the bust and the chest, and allow the vapors of the essential oil to touch the senses and to fill the air around.
- Deep breathing while being in the shower can help relax the senses.
- Play with visualizations, and if possible, hum a tune or play soft music.
- With the help of the washcloth, rub the arms and the legs of the body upwards and allow good circulation to happen. This helps the immune system and the lymph movement too.
Benefits Of Warm Showers
Here are a couple of benefits of warm showers that you should know!
Whilst most would want us to bathe in cold showers all year round, which has plenty of benefits for the body; warm showers too have many benefits. The two most important ones are –
- To release tension from aching, sore and stiff muscles; and
- To help beat stress and anxiety.
In addition to that, warm showers are best to have when you suffer from cold symptoms and blocked nasal passages. It is the steam that moisturizes the nasal passages and brings in the much wanted relief!
Which Are The Best Oils To Use?
We would encourage you to speak to your aroma specialist to know which oils would best suit your needs and which you should avoid, and also learn about the concentration of the aroma and essential oils too. A little more than the usual can lead to more harm than good to the body, and that is why you should have the right oils and the right amount used. If you are in doubt, always seek the help of a professional skin and spa aesthetician; a licensed one is a must to seek help from and no one else.
1. If you suffer from respiratory and sinus issues
- Eucalyptus Radiata
- Pine (Pinus silvestris)
- Cypress (cupresus sempervirens)
2. If you suffer from foggy brain issues
- Spearmint (Mentha spicata)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinale)
3. If you feel lethargic and low on energy
- Black Spruce (Picea mariana)
- Rosemary(Rosmarinus officinale)
4. If you suffer from nervous blocks and anxiety
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)
- Lemon (Citrus limon)
- Grapefruit (Citrus paradisii)
5. If you suffer from sleep issues and insomnia
- Mandarin (Citrus reticulata)
- Frankincense (Boswelia carterii)
Do write in and let us know which of the aroma therapies in the past that you took, worked for you and if you use essential oils for steam shower too! What are your thoughts about eucalyptus oil for steam shower, which most clients rave about? Let us know in the comments section below.
Images Source: essentialoilsanctuary