|She was ranked No. 5 in the Top 50 Sexiest Asian Women List by British-based newspaper Eastern Eye. She ACTUALLY BEAT Alia Bhatt and Katrina Kaif to make it to the top. She got her first ‘lead’ role in the daily TV soap “Jamai Raja” in 2014. This TV star (remember the TV show Ek Hazaaro Me Meri Behna Hai) wanted to become a news anchor. Collecting English idioms and phrases is her favourite hobby. And so is clicking SELFIES! She likes to look at the mirror (all women do) not just to look at herself but talk to herself. She loves to play with children the same way as much as with teddies. Huge fan base she has. Check out more on TV celebrity Nia Sharma.|
|Name||Nia Sharma (her real name is Neha Sharma)|
|Birthday Date||September 17, 1990 (27 years)|
|Birth Place||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh|
|Education||Bachelor’s in Journalism and Mass Communication from JIMS, Rohini, Delhi|
|Occupation||Actress (in TV soaps at present)|
|Siblings||One elder brother Vinay Sharma (works in a Delhi-based MNC)|
The TV star Nia admits to having a relationship during her school-going days. It was innocent love (according to her) which didn’t last long. Pretty Unfortunate!
As of now, Career is on her mind. Though, she is on the lookout for her perfect man.
When asked about her relationship status, Nia said, “I am very much single. I’d love to fall in love again. I had a boyfriend in school and it was an innocent relationship that I experienced. It’s sad that the relationship didn’t last forever but I do look forward to having someone special in my life once again. I’d definitely want to get married if I find my Mr Right.”
Here’s wishing her all the best.
Did you know, Nia was in a relationship with co-star Kushal Tandon for the TV soap Ek Hazaaro Me Meri Behna Hai? The two of them began dating each other during the show. Hush, hush but they were caught in an compromising situation in the make-up room. Weird but Kushal and Nia never clarified these reports and parted their ways.
Earlier to that, Nia was in a relationship with Varun Jain, Nia’s male co-star in Kaali-Ek Agnipariksha. Their bonding was well, even after the soap went off the air. According to Varun, their busy schedule kept them away. Sources say Nia stopped talking to Varun after she got a good role in Ek Hazaroon Mein Meri Behna Hain.
|Height||5 ft 4 inches|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hip Size||33 inches|
|Body Measurement||33-26-33 inches|
BMW X6 is Nia’s favourite car.
Nia Sharma Without Makeup
Here is how on-stage Maanvi (Nia in real life) looks like without plastic and paint on face:
Favorite Things and Hobbies
|Food||Rajma Chawal, Hakka Noodles. No sweet dishes for her. But she loves natural ice cream in “sugar apple” flavor|
|Place||Brazil, Miami, and Infinity Mall, Malad, Mumbai (where Nia loves to shop).|
|Brand||Guess, Zara, Forever New|
|Film||50 First Dates, Little Manhattan, Return to the Blue Lagoon|
Sitaphal Ice-cream from “Naturals” is Nia’s favourite dessert.
First Debut: In 2010 on Television in Kaali – Ek Agnipariksha
Brand Endorsements: No Information
Career Achievements: Nia has many awards to her credit (read below). She did a cameo role in the reality show The Player. She has also made news for her bold moves in the web series ‘Twisted” on her lip-lock with Isha Sharma. The break-up of her awards is as follows:
- Star Parivaar Awards, Favourite Nayi Soch Kirdaar for Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (WINNER)
- Indian Television Academy Awards, Desh Ki Dhadkan – Best Actress – Popular for Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (WINNER)
- Zee Rishtey Awards, Favourite Nayi Jodi for Jamai Raja
- Zee Rishtey Awards, Favourite Saas-Bahu for Jamai Raja
- Television Style Awards, Best Stylish Beti for Jamai Raja
- Indian Television Academy Awards, Gr8! Face Female for Jamai Raja
Remuneration: INR 77,000 per episode
Net Worth: 2 million dollars (estimated)
Nia Sharma Weight Loss
Talk of fitness goals?
Nia can starve for days together to get the oh-so-slim waist and tummy. She can also give up eating her favourite foods to move towards her weight loss goals so that she can continue to stun everyone (including herself).
Nia hates to sweat. So, she avoids the gym. Yoga is not there in her to-do list either. Rather than giving her heart, body and soul to exercises and workouts, she likes to control her eating pattern and JOGS at best.
“I do not allow any gym regime or yoga simply because I don’t get time. The only effort I take is to keep myself away from all the dark chocolates and junk food in the world.” Opines Nia.
100% Veg ….yeah, Nia is a pure vegetarian person.
Her diet has all of fruits, boiled veggies, green leafy veggies.
To get her share of protein, Nia takes low fat buttermilk and soya paneer (soya cheese). She is a non-alcoholic person, by the way, and only drinks mocktail ‘Kiss on the Lips’.
It’s a big NO to all the fat foods like chocolates, junk food, butter, sweets for Nia. Why would she want to gain weight after all? But once in a while – a cheat day is okay by her.
Says Nia “Ghar Ka Khaana is the best option and this way you can fill in your stomach and you are not even eating anything unhealthy and non-nutritious food. Also, as long as you are away from the junk, dark chocolates and rest of the other bad stuff, you can help yourself to maintain a good body and a perfect figure.”
By the way, Italian, Indian and Continental Food are Nia’s favourite cuisines. Sound sleep is a MUST to her.
- To start with, hats off to her. Why? Be’cos she was the first actress to go “bald” for a TV role, as a cancer patient in her on-screen character Maanvi from Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai.
- While shooting for Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, Nia had to undergo skin treatment for 4 months to help her get rid of her acne and dark circles she got while wearing her make-up during the shooting of this telly-serial.
- Nia’s father died when she was a child.
- Why the change in name from Neha to Nia? Well, the lady did it as she found her original name Neha quite common. Nia, on the other hand, sounded super cool and lucky to her. And you?
- Nia aspired to be a journalist. How come she changed her career stream? Dunno.
- Nia is a super health freak. That is why, her svelte figure cannot be missed. In one of the interviews, she said she can go starving just to have a FLAT TUMMY.
- Skating on ice, painting her nails and driving are Nia’s favourite hobbies.
- Not many of us know that Nia is trained in Belly Dancing.
- Internet-a-holic is Nia. What does it mean? She loves browsing the internet and her social networking accounts – Instagram and Facebook in her free time.
- Street food is a NO-NO for Nia. And it’s a right decision on her part, isn’t it?
- Nia – the 5th Sexiest Woman of Asia is also known as the Barbie Doll of Indian Telly Land.
- So shopaholic is Nia that she loves to spend a fortune of money in buying expensive attire and shoes.
- Nia was a “hydrophobic”. To overcome her fear, she took to learning swimming. Quite sensible of her.
- What is Nia’s first preference in terms of listening to songs? Electronic Dance Music (EDM) songs.
- Nia was eliminated in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi but got a re-entry in the same.
- Finally, Nia has a habit of changing her nail paint every day. Ah….she should know it’s not like taking a bath every day.
Hope you liked this small piece on Nia Sharma. Write in your likes and comments and share it with your friends. Ciao!
Images Source: pinterest