|Sriti Jha is a popular Indian television actress who is famous for essaying versatile roles. She made her debut in the unforgettable TV series Dhoom Machaao Dhoom playing the demure woman Malini Sharma. Thereon, Jha was seen in numerous hit shows like Kumkum Bhagya, Balika Vadhu, and Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhav.|
The actress was born on 26th February, 1986 in Darbhanga, Bihar. Her family shifted to Kolkata for her schooling. After ten years in Kolkata, the family moved to Kathmandu in Nepal. She completed her studies from Modern Indian School Kathmandu. The family later shifted to Delhi where Jha continued her studies from Laxman Public School and Sri Venkateswara College.
Jha was actively involved in her college plays and it led to her passion for acting. In fact, her first big break came in the form of Dhoom Machaao Dhoom which happened to hold auditions at her college. And the rest is history.
|Birthday Date||26th February, 1986 [celebrity_age_calc data=”1986-02-26″]|
|Birth Place||Darbhanga, Begusarai, Bihar, India|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in English|
There were rumors stating that Sriti was involved with her first co-star Vikrant Massey from Dhoom Machao Dhoom. But the rumors died down soon with both actors denying any involvement. Turns out, the pair were just good friends. Later on Vikrant Massey was seen in several Bollywood films including Lootera, Dil Dhadakne Do, Half Girlfriend and more recently Lipstick under my Burkha.
Sriti dated her co-star Harshad Chopra who starred with her on the hit show Dil Se Di Dua….Saubhagyawati Bhava. Both actors dated for a year before calling it quits. Rumors stated that Jha got attracted to Chopra’s best friend actor Kunal Karan Kapoor, which eventually ended their relationship.
The alleged couple is now said to be in a relationship. Several images of Jha and Kunal Kapoor together only reaffirmed their relationship status.
|Height||165 cm, 5 feet 4 inches|
|Weight||53 kg, 117 lbs|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
|Hip Size||36 inches|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Dress Size||2 (US)|
|Body Measurement||34-25-36 inches|
Sriti Jha without Makeup
Here are few images of Sriti Jha without makeup:
Favorite Things and Hobbies
|Color||White, black, red, and blue|
|Food||Aloo gobi, samosa, and dal chawal|
|Actor||Johnny Depp and Hrithik Roshan|
|Actress||Waheeda Rehman and Meryl Streep|
|Film||Pyaasa, Kaagaz Ke Phool, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, Chupke Chupke, Andaaz Apna Apna, Satyajit Ray and Charlie Chaplin’s films|
First Debut: Dhoom Machaao Dhoom (2007)
Brand Endorsements: Not Known
Career Achievements: In 2015, she received Indian Telly Award, Television Style Award and Zee Rishtey Award for Best Actress for her perfomance in the serial Kumkum Bhagya.
Net Worth: NA
Sriti Jha Weight Loss
There are no sources that have revealed Sriti Jha’s exact workout or diet plan. But a self proclaimed foodie, Jha loves to experiment with different cuisines. Here are few of her favorite meals and preferred cuisine:
- Jha loves spinach. She indulges in brown bread sandwich with spinach and cheese.
- Her most preferred cuisine includes South Indian and Tibetan.
- The actress loves homemade meals Dal Chawal and Aachar.
- She cannot resist Bengali food.
Facts about Sriti Jha
- Sriti Jha loves poetry and love penning down poems.
- She was quite active since college in Delhi and also joined the English dramatics society called Verbum where she became President.
- Her first acting bug started when she started doing plays in her English dramatic society. Her first big recognition came when she enacted the lead role titled ‘Ritual in Blood.’ The play was written by Steven Berkoff, and is set in 13th century, England. Her role in the play was so powerful that it fetched her award of Best Actor.
- While other hopefuls were busy auditioning and struggling to get a role, Jha got lucky. She auditioned for Disney Channel’s Dhoom Machao Dhoom in her college. Eventually the show relocated from London to Mumbai, and this is how Jha first got her big break. In this show, Jha plays the role of a shy and superstitious character Malini Sharma.
- Sriti is a wonderful dancer. In fact, she was known for her dancing skills in school.
- Jha’s family lived in Kolkata for 10 years and later shifted to Kathmandu in Nepal.
- When not working, the actress catches up on reading books. Her favorite books are To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger, The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot, The Dairy of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, and The Story of my Life by Helen Keller.
- She is also known by two nicknames- Jhalli and Titu.
- Her favorite restaurant in Mumbai is Food First in Goregaon.
- Jha crushes on actor Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan.
- She loves cooking.