The entire list of MTV Music awards for this year has been announced and all your favorite pop starts have a chance to take the Moon man home. Are you excited – well, we are. Though its one whole month till the VMA evening, but to keep you abreast of every progress we got you all scoop.
Video Of The Year
The year witnessed some of the greatest album ever. It’s going to be a tough call to take, but man’s got to do what man’s got to do.
- The Weeknd wins the nomination for Reminder (XO/Republic Records)
- Kendrick Lamar wins nomination for his album Humble (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope)
- Alessia Cara wins nomination for her album Scars To Your Beautiful (Def Jam)
- Bruno Mars wins nomination for his album 24K Magic (Atlantic Records)
- DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller wins nomination for Wild Thoughts (Epic Records/We The Best)
Artist Of The Year
With so many talented artists racing against each other, it’s going to be another mind boggling decision.
- Ariana Grande (Republic Records)
- Kendrick Lamar (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope)
- Bruno Mars (Atlantic Records)
- Lorde (Republic Records)
- The Weeknd (XO/Republic Records)
- Ed Sheeran (Atlantic Records)
Best New Artist
Taco Bell® is going to present the honor to the best new artist this year. Here are the musical talents that made their Hollywood debut this year. We have our money on Noah.
- Noah Cyrus (Records)
- Kodak Black (Atlantic Records)
- Khalid (RCA Records)
- Young M.A (3D)
- SZA (TDE/RCA Records)
- Julia Michaels (Republic Records)
You know what’s better than one amazing singer? Two! Yep. We were gifted with a bunch of amazing collaborations past year and here is the time to award them. Let’s go through the nominations.
- Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez for We Don’t Talk Anymore (Atlantic Records)
- Zayn & Taylor Swift for I Don’t Wanna Live Forever from the movie Fifty Shades Darker (Republic Records)
- The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey for Closer (Disruptor Records/Columbia Records)
- DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller for Wild Thoughts (Epic Records/We The Best)
- Calvin Harris ft. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean for Feel (Columbia Records)
- D.R.A.M. ft. Lil Yachty for Broccoli (Atlantic Records)
With Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran and Harry Styles in the nominee list, we can only wish if they could give one award to every single nominee, but can we after all?
- Shawn Mendes for Treat You Better (Island Records)
- Miley Cyrus for Malibu (RCA Records)
- Ed Sheeran for Shape of You (Asylum/Atlantic Records)
- Fifth Harmony ft. Gucci Mane for b (Syco Music/Epic Records)
- Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley for Chained To The Rhythm (Capitol Records)
- Harry Styles for Sign Of The Times (Columbia Records)
Best Hip Hop
In case you thought the industry didn’t see much of hip hop last year, maybe revisit your thoughts. Here… but these are just the nominations.
- Kendrick Lamar for HUMBLE (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope)
- DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne for I’m The One (Epic Records/We The Best)
- Big Sean for Bounce Back (Def Jam)
- D.R.A.M. ft. Lil Yachty for Broccoli (Atlantic Records)
- Chance the Rapper for Same Drugs (Chance the Rapper LLC)
- Migos ft. Lil Uzi Vert for Bad & Boujee (300 Entertainment)
Gone are the days when music was a treat only for the ears. These days, with all these unbelievable gifted dancers, music is a visual experience. To honor the best dance, here are the nominations.
- Zedd and Alessia Cara for Stay (Interscope)
- Afrojack ft. Ty Dolla $ign for Gone (Wall Recordings/Latium/RCA Records)
- Calvin Harris for My Way (Columbia Records)
- Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber and Mø for Cold Water (Mad Decent)
- Kygo x Selena Gomez for It Ain’t Me (Ultra/Interscope)
With Coldplay, Green Day and Fall Out Boy fighting for the title of Best Rock, can you even guess who’s going to take the man home?
- Coldplay for A Head Full of Dreams (Parlophone/Atlantic Records)
- Twenty One Pilots for Heavydirtysoul (Fueled by Ramen/Atlantic Records)
- Fall Out Boy for Young And Menace (Island)
- Foo Fighters for Run (RCA Records)
- Green Day for Bang Bang (Warner Bros. Records)
Best Fight Against The System
Now this is one is rather interesting, just like the interesting nominees –
- The Hamilton Mixtape for Immigrants (We Get the Job Done) (Atlantic Records)
- Logic ft. Damian Lemar Hudson for Black SpiderMan (Def Jam)
- Alessia Cara for Scars To Your Beautiful (Def Jam)
- John Legend for Surefire (Columbia Records)
- Big Sean for Light (Def Jam)
- Taboo ft. Shailene Woodley for Stand Up / Stand N Rock #NoDAPL
What would a music video be if it didn’t capture some gorgeous motions and emotions to be cherished till eternity. Here are the ones that are up against each other for Best Cinematography this VMAs.
- Kendrick Lamar for HUMBLE. (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope) (Scott Cunningham)
- Halsey for Now or Never (Astralwerks/Capitol) (Kristof Brandl)
- Ed Sheeran for Castle On The Hill (Asylum/Atlantic Records) (Steve Annis)
- Imagine Dragons for Thunder (KIDinaKORNER/Interscope) (Matthew Wise)
- DJ Shadow ft. Run The Jewels for Nobody Speak (Mass Appeal Records LLC) (David Proctor)
- The contest for the award for Best Direction is again among the best the Industry has to offer.
- Alessia Cara for Scars To Your Beautiful (Def Jam) (Aaron A)
- The Weeknd for Reminder (XO/Republic Records) (Glenn Michael)
- Kendrick Lamar for HUMBLE (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope) (Dave Meyers & the little homies)
- Bruno Mars for 24K Magic (Atlantic Records) (Cameron Duddy & Bruno Mars)
- Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley for Chained To The Rhythm (Capitol Records) (Mathew Cullen)
Best Art Direction
Music in itself is the most colloquial and universal form of art. But it takes a certain expertise to make this art appeal to every member of audience around the globe. These art directors know the magic of it all.
- Kendrick Lamar for HUMBLE (Spencer Graves)
- The Weeknd for Reminder (Creative Director: Lamar C Taylor / Co-creative Director: Christo Anesti)
- Bruno Mars for 24K Magic (Alex Delgado)
- DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller for Wild Thoughts (Damian Fyffe)
- Katy Perry ft. Migos for Bon Appetit (Natalie Groce)
Best Visual Effects
Just so we lose ourselves in the awe of the visuals these albums created for us a world that runs parallel.
- Kendrick Lamar for HUMBLE (Company: Timber/Lead: Jonah Hall)
- Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley for Chained To The Rhythm (Company: MIRADA)
- KYLE ft. Lil Yachty for iSpy (Company: Gloria FX/Leads: Max Colt & Tomash Kuzmytskyi)
- A Tribe Called Quest for Dis Generation (Company: Bemo/Lead: Brandon Hirzel)
- Harry Styles for Sign Of The Times (Company: ONE MORE/Lead: Cédric Nivoliez)
Nicki and Ariana were savage in the Side to Side video, and I am pretty sure Brian & Scott Nicholson will bag the award for training these sexy sirens. But again, the other nominees aren’t that easy to compete with either.
- Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj for Side To Side (Brian & Scott Nicholson)
- Kanye West for Fade (Teyana Taylor, Guapo, Jae Blaze & Derek ‘Bentley’ Watkins)
- Sia for The Greatest (Ryan Heffington)
- Kendrick Lamar for HUMBLE (Dave Meyers)
- Fifth Harmony ft. Gucci Mane for Down (Sean Bankhead)
From Mask Off to Closer, can we ignore the sequence and the perfectly timed scenes? No, right? So lets see who is about to get honored for their brilliant job.
- Young Thug for Wyclef Jean (Ryan Staake & Eric Degliomini) (300 Entertainment/Atlantic Records)
- Future for Mask Off (Vinnie Hobbs of VHPost)(Epic Records/Freebandz/A1)
- The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey for Closer (Jennifer Kennedy) (Disruptor Records/Columbia Records)
- Lorde for Green Light (Nate Gross of Exile Edit) (Republic Records)
- The Weeknd for Reminder (Red Barbaza) (XO/Republic Records)
I am so excited to know who all are going to be the ultimate winner, I can’t even… aren’t you feeling the same? Of course you are. Don’t miss it – block your calendars for 27 August and keep a bag full of snacks too.
Images Source: pinterest, billboard