Have you long been dreaming of a super sexy washboard stomach? Wondering how to weight around your waist? Well, shedding off that extra padding around your stomach is not at all an overnight affair and you need to work out religiously for that.
But what if you have little time to hit the gym for your tummy?
There are myriad of ab workouts for women, that can be practiced at home without using ‘no’ to ‘minimal’ equipment. Nothing can be simpler and easier than these 5 abs exercises for melting away your ‘love handles’. Here we go:
1. Basic Crunch
Crunching your abdominal muscles can drive away your stubborn belly fat quickly and efficiently. It is the best as well as the most popular at-home abdominal workouts for women. Here are the steps:
- Lie straight on the floor with your hands behind your head and knees bent. Your feet should be placed on the ground, while making an angle of 45 degrees with it.
- Take a deep breath and raise the upper part of your torso off the floor at an angle of 30 to 40 degrees. Try to feel slight pressure on your stomach muscles.
- Return to your previous position and exhale gradually.
- Repeat for 10 times and practice 2 to 3 sets at a time.
2. Bicycle Crunch
Surprised by the name? Well, it is an amazing variation of the previous exercise and yes, you can absolutely perform it anywhere without a bicycle. Check out the steps:
- Start just like the basic crunch by lying flat on the floor, placing the hands behind the head and keeping the feet on the ground.
- Bend both of your knees so that the legs make an angle of 30-40 degrees with the ground.
- Lift your left leg off the floor and bring the left knee towards your chest gradually. Your right leg should be out at this time.
- Do the same by raising your right leg, while keeping the left one out.
- Now, repeat the moves again and again by changing your legs in an alternate manner.
When it comes to engaging the core and activating the abdominal muscles, plank is one of the best choices. And guess what? You can do it right at your home in the following way without any equipment.
- Get yourself into the push-up position with forearms lying on the floor.
- Ball up both of your palms while keeping the fists and elbows totally flat. Also, curl your toes up.
- Bend your pelvis a little and pull you abdomen towards your spine.
- Now, straighten your spine while loosening your abdominal muscles and squeezing your glutes at the same time.
- Look at the floor and stay in that position as long as possible.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times in one go.
4. Lunge Twist
This is another easy and hassle-free home workout option for eradicating belly fat fast. The steps should be as follows:
- Stand straight with your knees a little curved and legs hip-width apart.
- Raise your hands so that they line up with shoulders and remain parallel to the floor.
- Now, lunge forward by taking a big step with your left leg and positioning yourself like you are sitting on a chair. The knee should make right angle with the ground and the right leg should be stretched backwards and balanced by the toe.
- Keep your spine straight and legs still. Then, bend your torso to the left and right respectively.
- Repeat it for 15 to 16 times and then, interchange the positions of your legs.
5. Captain’s Chair
The name of this exercise may confuse you. But relax! It is just a simple home exercise for getting flat abs. All you need is a chair. Sounds interesting? Do check out the steps:
- Find a chair and sit on it by keeping your spine absolutely straight and both of your shoulders relaxed.
- Let your hands stay on either side of your body and your palms face downwards.
- Take a deep breath.
- Now, breathe out slowly and lift your legs up together in such a way that the knees become very close to your chest.
- Keep your spine straight. Do not bend forward or backward at any cost.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and then, return to the initial state.
- Repeat for 8 to 10 times in a go.
[ Also Read – Fun ways to keep your tummy flat with the help of hula-hoop ]
Still waiting to start? Oh, come on! Just forget hitting the gym and gear yourself up for getting a washboard stomach at home.
All the best!