Winter is not only about vacations, holidays, Christmas and New Year. Amongst the celebration we forget how much our skin suffers due to the chill and dryness. The skin loses its natural glow during winters no matter how beautiful your skin is.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
Here we are with some easy home remedies for skin rejuvenation treatments with products found in your kitchen.
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice plays an important role in skin rejuvenation treatments by reducing the age spots along with other signs of damage. The vitamin C in the fruit is a resilient antioxidant and helps protect your skin from any free radical damage. Also, it has bleaching properties that improve the overall complexion of the skin.
- Put a spoonful of honey on half a lemon. Rub the lemon on your face gently in upward strokes. Leave the juice on the skin for 10 minutes and rinse off. This can be repeated twice a week.
- Alternatively, you may squeeze a lemon on your palm and add a spoon of sugar. Rub it with both the palms and scrub it on your face. This process can be repeated daily.
- Another option is to take a mixture of one teaspoon of lemon juice and an egg white with half teaspoon milk cream. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off. This paste can be used on your face twice a week.
[Also Read: What Are The Side Effects Of Lemon Juice On Face]
The high water percentage in cucumber has hydrating and nourishing effect on your skin. The fruit also has astringent that is beneficial for acne-prone and tanned skin. In combination, these antioxidant properties of cucumber helps in maintaining skin clarity, glow and youth. Try out these home remedies for skin using cucumber.
- Mix two teaspoons of grated cucumber with half a cup of yogurt and prepare a face mask. Apply this generously on the skin of face and neck. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with luke warm water. This mask can be used twice a week.
- You may also want to use grated cucumber with watermelon pulp. Also squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice and apply the paste on your skin. Wait till it dries and wash it with warm water. This pack can be used a few times a week.
Another fruit that comes handy for skin rejuvenation treatments at home is papaya. Papaya is not only rich in vitamins A, C and E but also loaded with antioxidant properties which rejuvenates the skin. It helps in keeping the softness and smoothness of the skin intact by acting as a natural moisturizer. The alpha hydroxy acids in papaya acts as a great exfoliator. It works like magic in treating acne, dark spots, blemishes, and other problems alike.
- Make a mixture with two tablespoons of crushed ripe papaya, few drops of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of honey.
- Spread this evenly on the face. Keep for 15 minutes and wash it off with running water.
- Using this face mask at least once a week will get you youthful skin.
Banana, with its moisturizing properties is exceptional in rejuvenating tired and dry skin. It also fights wrinkles, fine lines with all other multiple signs of aging.
- Smash one small ripe banana. Add a few tablespoons of milk cream, a tablespoon of honey and same amount of oat flour. Spread the mask evenly on your face, and let it dry for about half an hour. Rinse off with warm water.
- You can also beat up a medium-size banana and pour two teaspoons of honey along with a 3-4 drops of olive oil. Apply it generously on your face and wash it off once dry.
[Also Read: Go Bananas With Banana Peel Uses]
Follow any of these remedies on a weekly basis for radiant skin.
The benefits of curd for our skin are universally acknowledged. The lactic acid in curd works as a natural cleanser, exfoliates dead skin and also acts as a moisturizing agent. It works towards replenishing the faded radiance and glow of your skin.
- Make a face pack with two teaspoon of plain home-made yogurt and one teaspoon of gram powder and turmeric flour. Apply this pack generously all over your face and neck. Let it dry for about 20 minutes, and then rinse off with running water. Using this face pack at least twice a week will bring visible difference to your skin.
- Also you can apply a mixture two teaspoons of honey with the same amount of plain yogurt to your face. This might take around 15 minutes to set and then you can wash it off. It is safe to use this pack about thrice a week.
As I told you already, I got you thee super easy tips to rejuvenate your skin, and rejuvenate skin meaning the all-round well-being of your epidermis. And for these treatments, all you need to do is to walk up to your kitchen and open your fridge. These products will not have any allergic reaction to your skin unless you have any medical condition. Go ahead ladies, pamper yourselves.