Move over olive oil, fish oil, coconut and mustard oil. What’s new? Vodka. It has been around for quite some time now as a popular alcoholic drink. What’s more is that the hidden vodka benefits on skin and for hair are giving fruitful results.
Are you curious what could be the benefits? Let’s dive in.
Benefits Of Vodka On Skin:
Well, don’t mistake vodka for a social drink that will put you in a state of drunkenness. This tonic has its ways of wiping away wrinkles from your skin. To put it in short, vodka gives your skin a rejuvenating effect that gets lost due to aging, pollution and stress.
That could be one of the reasons why every Russian woman considers this alcoholic concoction a must to look beautylicious! So get started with using it for your complexion while you understand the benefits of vodka.
1. Flawless Complexion:
Tighten and brighten are two words that make any beauty regimen happen. Vodka does both of these. It unclogs skin pores giving you a smooth, glowing complexion.
- Add 1 tbsp vodka to distilled water.
- Mix a few drops of rosemary and jojoba oil too and apply it to your skin.
Vodka acts as an effective beauty agent in tightening skin pores and soothing irritation. You can use it as a facial mist too.
2. Get Clear Skin:
Who wouldn’t want the skin to shine out, whether it is at work or play? Dab some vodka to get the polished and refined skin we see in beauty ads.
- First, brew a cup full of green tea.
- When it cools down, add 1/2 tsp vodka.
Dip a cotton ball in it and apply on your face.
We all know the benefits of green tea for skin.
For those who don’t, green tea gives a soothing effect due to the healthy catechins in it, and vodka tightens it up. Combined together, both green tea and vodka clear up your skin.
If wrinkles are bothering you, try this:
- Take 1 tbsp each of vodka, fennel seeds and honey and mix them.
- Now apply on face and leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off.
3. Reduce Mouth Odour:
If you have food particles in your mouth, not always would you be having a toothpick to clear them off your teeth. Here is when vodka comes in.
- Take a sip of it, not swallow.
- Swish it around your mouth for a few seconds to get a feeling of freshness.
You can also make a concoction of it to store:
- Add 5 tbsp of cinnamon powder to a cup of vodka.
- Leave it for a week, then strain the mixture and add a capful of lukewarm water before you gargle it out.
4. Reduce Foot Odour:
Wondering how to get rid of smelly feet?
- Soak your feet in vodka solution diluted with water. The other trick is to wipe off feet with a cotton swab soaked in a mixture of vodka and water. This helps you get rid of smelly foot odor.
[Also Read Body Odor Treatment]
Benefits Of Vodka For Hair:
Are you using several hair products but none to help? Burning a hole in your pocket and still no results? Well, look at the benefits vodka has in store for your hair. From lustre to your hair locks to the added boost and shine your hair is going to get, it is totally worth it.
5. Get Voluminous Hair:
Vodka is acidic in nature and owing to its low pH level, it can bring down the high pH content of your hair strands. It also does its job in reducing the frizz thereby bringing softness and sheen to your hair.
- To a bottle of conditioner, add 10 ml of vodka.
- Shake it well and douche your hair with it once a week.
The other alternative is to make a DIY hair mask:
- Mix the egg, mayonnaise, honey, coconut or olive oil.
- Now add vodka to it, approx 10 ml and apply it on your hair as a mask.
- After around 20 minutes, wash off your tresses.
In both the cases, don’t forget to condition your hair to avoid them getting dry.
6. Reduce Hair Loss:
This is a common problem in most of us, either genetically or due to dust, pollution or injury.
- Use a mixture of honey, onion juice and vodka and apply it on the scalp preferably with a cotton ball.
- Now leave it overnight.
The result is anybody’s guess – reduction in hair fall and boosts hair growth.
7. Get Rid of Hair Flakes:
Get rid of the pestering hair flakes by using simple vodka remedy.
- Add crushed rosemary leaves to 1 cup vodka.
- Leave for few days, then strain and store it in a bottle or container.
- Then massage it into your scalp and after some time wash your hair.
- Repeat this once a week to notice the difference.
Whenever you are using vodka in any beauty or hair preparations, see to it that you have diluted it sufficiently with water. Happy using vodka for your skin and hair!
Stay tuned for more hidden remedies that could come to use!