Are hormones playing a rage on your skin or is it exposure to sun over the years that have resulted in making the skin dull? Well, Bio Oil could be the answer to your skin woes, or at least that’s what the brand claims. Let’s find out what makes this product garner such rave reviews.
Here we will be walking you through all you need to know about bio oil.
What Is Bio Oil?
Bio oil claims to reduce any marks, scars or even patchy skin! It is also said to even skin tone, bestow youthful skin and heal dehydrated epidermis. However, one of the most talked about bio oil uses is that it reduces and lightens the stretch marks. But what makes Bio oil work as a magic elixir for skin? This can be decoded once we learn about the ingredients that make the bio oil what it is.
[Also Read: Nutritional Value In Moringa Oil ]
Bio Oil Ingredients
Bio oil contains the following ingredients:
- Botanicals such as Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract which is also known as Calendula Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil
- Vitamins such as Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) and Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
- The Oil base contains Paraffinum Liquidum, Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycine Soja Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil and Bisabolol
- The Fragrance of Rose for soothing effect.
- Other components such as Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionones, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene and Linalool
How To Apply Bio Oil?
Bio oil comes in a transparent bottle which is a good thing as we can see how much the level of oil left in the bottle. This perfumed oil which is a mix of a mild fragrance and some herbal ingredients is very easy to use. Just take a small amount of the oil and massage into the skin. The best thing about this oil is that it doesn’t feel heavy at all and blends into the skin well. It is advisable that the oil should be used twice daily for 3 months for it to show the best bio oil before and after results. If you are pregnant and worried about the stretch marks then the oil should be used from the beginning of 4th month.
When To Use Bio Oil?
You can use
- Bio oil for hyperpigmentation
- Bio oil for acne scars
- Bio oil for pigmentation
- Bio oil for stretch marks
What makes Bio oil ideal for use on skin is its active ingredient called PurCellin oil. Apart from this, the bio oil formulation also comprises chamomile oil, calendula oil, vitamin A and E, rosemary oil and lavender oil. This rare blend of essential oils, natural plant extracts and dose of Vitamins make it work effectively on aforementioned skin concerns.
Price Of Bio Oil In India
The Bio oil costs Rs. 450 and can be bought from any general stores and even online.
Bio Oil Review
If we go by reviews, bio oil seems to fair very well among users and you will find the Internet laden with positive reviews of Bio oil. But we have to mention that bio oil pregnancy uses are the most talked about topics in the context of the uses of Bio oil.
Pros Of Bio Oil
- Packaging is good as the small nozzle like mouth of the bottle enables the user to squeeze out desired amount of the oil without wasting any excess oil.
- The oil gets blended well when massaged into the skin in proper circular motions.
- The oil is light weight, easy to use and not too messy.
- This oil lightens scars fast when applied regularly on affected body area.
- The oil can be used to nourish and moisturize dry skin on the face and hands.
- It can be used on all parts of your body.
- It is one of best among oil for scars.
- Bio oil before and after stretch marks results are noteworthy.
Cons Of Bio Oil
- The oil is a little pricey at Rs. 450/-
- It smells like hair oil (though this is not really a concern to many).
- The oil is not at all suitable for oily skin types.
- Age spots and dark spots on face fade only to a noticeable extent.
Bio Oil is a decent product that primarily lightens any burn marks, stretch marks and scars but it does not shown such results when working on dark spots on the aging skin. The oil can be used on the dry face for nourishment and can help get rid of the dehydration but not at all suitable for the combination or oily skin type as it can cause skin breakouts.
Have you tried Bio Oil? Would you like to give it a try? Drop in your thoughts and comments!
Images Source: pinterest