When it comes to makeup, your face is your canvas. And liquid foundation tips can help you give this canvas-like face a beautiful dewy flawless finish. But applying liquid foundation may be a little tricky, especially if you are not aware of different methods of it. Let us talk about it today.
Let’s look at Best Way To Apply Foundation
How to Apply Liquid Foundation: A dirt-free, clean face is all you need for making the most of your made-up look. So, before digging into the detailed methods of application of liquid foundation, it is crucial to know how to prepare your face for the base makeup.
- Start with cleansing your face with a gentle facial cleanser and washing it with fresh cold water.
- Pat it dry with a soft clean towel.
- Now, apply a light moisturizer all over your cleansed face and wait for a couple of minutes so that it goes deep into the skin.
- You may also apply a primer to ensure a flawless finish.
Now, it’s time to apply the liquid foundation. You can either use your own fingers or opt for any makeup tool like sponge, foundation brush or stippling brush. Firstly, take a little amount (only a dime-size will do) of foundation onto the back of your palm or a small flat palette. Then, spread it into a thick uniform layer with your index finger and you are ready to go.
A. How to Apply Liquid Foundation With Fingers
If you can blend the product into your skin like a pro just with your fingers, you will definitely not need any sort of makeup tool. Here are the steps:
- Clean and wash your hands properly as you are going to use your fingertips for the procedure and you really don’t want any infection.
- Dip the tips of 1 or 2 fingers into the foundation you have poured onto the back of your palm and start dabbing it on the face. For basic coverage, you must put 2 dabs on each of your forehead and cheeks, while a single dab is enough for nose and chin each.
- Now, blend it into the skin lightly starting from the areas with the most uneven tone. But be sure that you work it out in gentle tapping or circular motion instead of rubbing or slathering vigorously.
- Finally, blend the foundation into the edges of your face i.e. at the hairline, jawline and near the ears by applying short strokes with your finger pads.
B. Ways to Apply Liquid Foundation With a Sponge
Though there are a variety of sponges available in the market for blending makeup, you must pick the egg-shaped one containing antimicrobial foam for applying liquid foundation the most effective way. Check out the process below:
- Submerge the sponge in plain water and squeeze the excess water out of it. Do it for multiple times so that the sponge gets thoroughly saturated, but not dripping wet.
- Sweep its base backward and forward for 3-4 times into the foundation. It will create a thin even layer of the product on the surface.
- Now, start applying the foundation onto the face by sweeping the sponge lightly in small fast strokes. Begin right from your nose and cheeks and go ahead with short quick dabs for spreading as well as blending the product nicely.
- At last, blend along the edges and under the eyes by using the pointed tip of the sponge. You may either follow a rolling motion or short strokes for this purpose.
[Also Read: : Foundation for Oily Skin]
C. How to Apply Liquid Foundation With a Foundation Brush
A flat-top, intense foundation brush is so far considered as the most popular choice for applying liquid foundation. The method goes as below:
- Dip only the tip of the brush into the product. Make sure that the whole brush is not dunked as you need only a little amount just at the ends of the bristles.
- Start applying foundation from the center of your face i.e. nose and move towards the cheeks, chin and forehead respectively. You must sweep the brush lightly and blend the product into the skin with small circular motions.
- Once you are done with the central areas, reach the edges gradually by making short quick strokes with the brush.
- Blend the foundation thoroughly.
D. How to Apply Liquid Foundation With a Stippling Brush
If you are dying to get an airbrushed finish with your liquid foundation, apply it with a stippling brush. The best stippling brush should have two-toned bristles (black at the base and white as well as slightly pointed at the top) arranged in the shape of a cone. Here is the process of application for you:
- Dip the white tip of the stippling brush into the foundation. If you want a sheer look, slightly moisten the bristles of the brush first and then dip it into the product.
- Apply the foundation all over your face in small dots by making use of the stippling motion of the brush.
- Finally, blend it into the skin by sweeping the brush on the face and create a smooth diffused finish.
Always give your liquid foundation a setting time of 2-3 minutes. It will create a perfect base for rest of your makeup and increase its lasting power significantly.
[Also Read: How to Apply White Makeup]