The world is going gaga over bikini waxing, and bikini waxing has to break the stereotypical notion that only porn stars and adult film stars do it- WRONG! It is a safe procedure done by most women around the world these days. Just as waxing pulls the hair out from its roots, there would be a little pain involved. But with bikini waxing, on a scale of one to ten, if you don’t have a threshold of pain, you could be in a fix. So think if you want to get a bikini waxing done! This is why we are here to tell you more about bikini waxing. Read on and be well-informed.
[Also Read: Everything You Need to Know Before a Bikini Wax]
What You Should Know About Bikini Waxing
- When heading to a salon for bikini waxing, ask the beautician which wax is used for bikini waxing. There are plenty of waxes available for body hair removal, and your parlour lady would be best informed to tell you which one they use for the best results to attain.
2. Do you have to wax your lady parts and be naked? Most parlours across the world want you to go full throttle and naked, but it depends on you. Remember, it is being done by a woman, so there’s nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. Some clients wear paper underwear to guide the beautician’s hands on the bikini line without going full nude. This is also a way for you to ensure that your modesty is maintained too.
[Also Read: Underarm Waxing]
3. When choosing a salon, make sure that only professionals with a license in skin aesthetics manage and help you. The professional should be clean and maintain the highest hygiene standards too, since they would be delving into very sensitive regions and zones on your body.
4. When the bikini waxing is done and over with, you may notice small red spots around. A little swelling too. This is okay, since these are normal reactions and would fade away in a couple of hours or a day max.
5. Should you try waxing at home? You may if you don’t intend to spend money and know that surely you can wax yourself or with the help of someone at home. In this case, don’t try the bikini waxing on your own, or you may hurt yourself. You may pick up pre-waxes strips from the market.
6. Always let the hair on the body be 1/4th inch long, if this is the first time you are undergoing bikini waxing. Too short hairs wouldn’t be able to be pulled out easily or comfortably, and you could have pains in the bargain.
[Also Read: Do’s And Don’ts Post Bikini Wax]
7. If you are in the week of your periods, we would suggest not having your bikini wax done. This is a time when the skin is very sensitive, sometimes too sensitive to handle the pain and tug.
Remember, bikini waxing isn’t painless, irrespective of the claims made by various parlours. Nothing is total free when you decide to go clean all over, and hence ask for pain desnsitizers to help you bear it all.
Always check with the reputation of the parlour where you plan to get bikini waxing done. If you can manage the pain, you would have a smooth and flawless body just like our divas onscreen have. The alternatives to bikini waxing types would be laser hair removal. This would cost a bomb and many sittings, so unless you have the time, we would advise that you think and then go ahead for the same.
We hope the bikini waxing tips which we brought forth to you comes in handy. Do check with more resources and speak to a few clients that have done their bikini wax in the past, and then make a sound choice for the same.
So is bikini waxing safe? The answer is YES- when done by a certified skin aesthetician, and not just someone claiming to be a pro in the same field!