If we have to start telling you about the health benefits and the facts about Greek olive oil, it would take scrolls and plenty of them to pen down each goodness galore. However, to make this interesting, let’s provide you with some of the facts about Greek olive oil, which you may know or not; general knowledge is always welcome.
[Also Read: Olive Oil For Skin]
Greek Olive Oil Benefits
As the name suggests, Greek olive oil is procured from the heavenly islands of Greece- the third largest producer of olive oil in the world. It is here where the extra virgin olive oil versions are born and exported too many countries across the globe- the biggest buyers being Spain and Italy. More and more people in India are waking up to the fact that extra virgin olive oil is indeed useful for the body, the skin and the hair- overall well-being in a nutshell. This is why Greek olive oil benefits are being explored and looked into by master chefs in India and homemakers too.
- Did you know how beneficial oleic acid is to the body? Oleic acid helps keep the blood pressure levels in check, reducing it to normal, which is found abundantly in extra virgin olive oil.
- Oleurpein, catenoids and vitamin E are abundantly found in a bottle of extra virgin olive oil, which are good for hair, skin, nails and the internal organs well-being.
- No chemicals are used when the making of extra virgin olive oil, pressing the freshly picked olive fruits are done.
- Olive oil has plenty of antioxidants in it, which helps the skin stay protected from the harmful UV rays of the sun, from skin issues, dark lines, spots, blemishes, acne and pimples too. The antioxidants also help keep the skin safe from cancers and tumors of the skin as well.
- Extra virgin olive oil keeps the intestinal tract safe and clean, helps with the digestive system and also is better in taste too.
- More than animal fat, the monosaturated fats found in olive oils can be highly beneficial to the skin and the body. Replacing animal fat based oils with that of extra virgin olive oil can help bring down cardio issues and coronary troubles
- Extra virgin olive oil is fresh with natural ingredients (hay and grass) added or with plenty of vitamin E in it, which are not destroyed when the pressing is done.
- Medical reports show the use of extra virgin olive oil helps do away with bad cholesterol or LDL and enhances good cholesterol levels or HDL in the body
Healthy Facts Using Olive Oil For You To Know
There are many health benefits and facts of extra virgin olive oil for you to savor and garner, some of them mentioned here are true to the word!
- The FDA says if you consume two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on a daily basis, it would help keep the heart healthy and safe. This is because LDL is brought down and HDL is enhanced.
- Polyphenols are found abundantly in extra virgin olive oils which are antioxidants that fight the onslaught of free radicals, keeping the skin and the internal organs safe from tumors and cancers alike!
- Extra virgin olive oil can help bring down atherosclerosis, skin issues, asthma and arthritis too; it also helps with anti-inflammation as well as bringing down sugar levels in the body, when consumed.
- Manage your weight with a dollop of olive oil instead of commercially produced salad dressings.
Coming to health and beauty benefits, is olive oil good for hair growth? The answer is a YES! Here is a hair pack using olive oil which will help strengthen the hair follicles, the roots and brings back the bounce, the shine and sheen too!
For The Hair Pack You Would Need:
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of honey
Mix the three with your fingers and apply from tip to root, leaving the hair pack on for about half an hour. Massage into the scalp should you have dry flaky scalp and dandruff issues to deal with. Once you feel the hair and the scalp has absorbed all the goodness, wash it off with a mild shampoo under cold water. Towel dry gently and let your hair bounce back to life. Do this thrice a week!
We hope you enjoyed the facts on olive oil and why you should think of using it- topically or for cooking. If you have facts about Greek olive oil or hair and skin packs to share with us using olive oil, do write in!