It is the new Instagram trend that is upgrading the tried-and-tested smokey eye look. The shimmering details in it take the eye makeup to a new horizon. Yes, we are talking about the galaxy eye makeup, the hottest makeup trend that is ruling the internet today!
There are no neutral hues to get you the badass look, but glittery pigments like sparkly blues and purple to make your eyes pop. Treat your eyes to the Gen X makeup tutorial. Because why should you follow others when you can ace the look.
Galaxy Eye Makeup Tutorial:
So, are you ready to check out the galaxy eyeshadow tutorial? Here we go.
Things you need:
- Black eyeshadow base
- Eyeshadows in multiple colors including– beige, black, light blue, light purple, white, and lime green
- Black mascara
- Black eyeliner
- Eyeshadow brushes
Here is a stepwise tutorial for easy galaxy makeup:
- Start with a naked face. Since the mystical eye makeup will grab all the attention you can go easy on the makeup for the rest of the face.
- With the help of an eyeshadow brush, apply some black eyeshadow base. For example, you can go for NYX Eyeshadow Base in black.
- Cover the black base with black eyeshadow. Any matte black eyeshadow will do or you can use colors from the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette.
- Use an eyeshadow brush to cover the whole black base. Put a thin rim on the lower eyelid too.
- To tone down the edges of the black eyeshadow, use the beige shade.
- Now the ‘eye adventure’ begins – wet your eyeshadow brush a little, squeeze out the water, then dip the brush in a light blue eyeshadow.
- Put a few spots of the blue shadow on the black upper lid. Avoid making perfect circles. Do splotches instead. Get different combinations of spots on each eye so that the two eyes look visibly different.
- Now put light purple eyeshadow on the upper eyelid right next to the blue splotches.
- Towards the end, use some lime green and touch the other two colors.
- Repeat the last few steps, make sure the black eyeshadow remains visible.
- Can you have a galaxy eyeshadow without stars? Absolutely, not. So get yourself a white eyeshadow.
- Wet the eye white shadow with some water using a brush with short and stiff bristles.
- In order to create the stars hold the brush an inch away from your closed eye and run your finger through the brush. This will add little white dots on your eyelid.
- Remember, your eyes should be covered with stars. As they are key to the galaxy eyeshadow tutorial.
- Now that you are done with using the eyeshadows, complete your eye makeup by applying a black eyeliner and coating your eyelashes generously with a black mascara.
- Since the eyeshadow is so dark, you can skip applying the eyeliner on the top lid.
- Now that you have completed the dramatic eye makeup. You can apply a little foundation and do some contouring and eyebrow work.
Hope you found this makeup tutorial super interesting and exciting. Go ahead and try the galaxy eye makeup now to turn into an ethereal beauty!
Do tell us if you have tried this trending eye makeup before. What compliments did you get? Please share your tips with us in the comments box below.