Be free, be cool, be trendy and chic, and most importantly, express yourself. There are many fashion statements to make this summer and one of them would be through hipster styles. If only you could think out of the box and dress to impress yourself, and play with a myriad range of colors, you can make a difference of sorts out there. Street style is hipster style, no doubt about it. However, to avoid looking like a looney toon, here are a couple of playful hipster style trends from the 80s and the 90s that you can bring back to the fashion scene. Read on!
Chic Ways To Flaunt The Retro Hipster Fashion
1. Printed tops and skinnies are making a comeback, and can be worn for college or at work too.
2. Try wearing loose cotton printed tops with denim shorts, and bring on the retro vibe of the nineties with overalls attached to it. You may or may not choose to wear transparent leggings with the same.
3. Wear to work this look and flaunt the cute hipster outfits on a Friday like a queen. Pair up a polka dotted shirt with a long flowing neutral toned skirt, and complete the look with a chunky watch and an office bag in hand, with brown flats.
4. Monochromatic hipster touches in a blue onesie! Complete the look with the same shade ring for the finger and shoes for the feet.
5. Tucked in tees and high waist tartan skirts with combat boots were predominantly the fashion scene of the hippie youngsters of the 90s; let’s bring them back, now!
6. A long black polka dotted dress with pumps in the same shade; black or white or striped, and a vintage hairdo is for formal events for sure, but the red hot lips are for all times hippie.
7. Short skirts and long sleeved cropped tops with chunky neckpieces are a hippie fashion statement to make.
8. Floral pants with cropped white tops and a loose shirt flowing around, makes for an amazing hippie fashion rule as well. Grunge up the look further with matte lips and crushed wavy hair; don’t forget the combat boots for company!
9. Oversized shirts with short-shorts and combat boots along with a dark tee, is what the total PYT hippie is all about.
10. Remember the strappy frocks and white tees? They are coming back and this time with lacy leggings and barbed pantyhose for company.
11. Dungarees in all colors, especially blue, can be paired with long sleeved tops or sleeveless ones in matte and neutral tones. Wrap around a tartan shirt like they did back in the 90s for the look to come through.
12. Tartan skirts with sleeveless tops and shirts wrapped around the waist, makes for a perfect back to school saga. Don’t forget to wear the knee length long john socks and combat boots or sneakers in dark shades to complete the look
13. Off-shoulder tops with cuffed denims and heels makes the plus sized ladies quite hippie and chic. Back in the 90s, the plus sized fashion for hipster dressing was on an all time high, and we now know why!
14. Black pleated short skirts with neutral toned sleeveless tops and a chunky summer over coat to wear, with a grunge fedora for company on the head completes the hipster fashion style.
15. Gypsy pants and a sleeveless top, with flats for the feet or mojaris can make a desi hipster fashion statement too!
Well we have shown you fifteen chic ways to go all hipster and stylish wearing hipster summer outfits and hipster dresses. If you would like to add more pizzazz and oomph to the looks we have shown, we urge you and welcome you to write in with your comments, queries and suggestions. Have fun and watch this space, because very soon we shall bring to you the hair and makeup trends of the hipster eighties and the nineties.
Images Source: pinterest.com