Those who have oily skin know what a pain it is to deal with it. Sudden break-outs, blackheads and oily T-zones totally ruin the day or those date nights.
The excess oil that gets accumulated on the skin leads to those nasty zits, white heads and blackheads. Those with oily skin have large pores in the skin. The oily skin can be genetic, hormonal, due to dietary choices or due to too much stress.
Want to get rid of the oily skin? Then honey with its humectant and antibacterial property could be the perfect solution for the troublesome oily skin.
[Also Read: Benefits Of Glycerin For Oily Skin]
Why should people with oily skin include honey in their beauty regime?
- Its humectants properties give you a supple and moisturized skin without making it oily or sticky.
- Honey absorbs excessive moisturizer and oil from the skin and reduces the occurrence of zits and blackheads.
- Being antibacterial and antiseptic, honey is a great remedy for those ugly pimples that pop in. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help get rid of those pimples and acne. Using honey for oily skin prevents them from coming back.
- It has amazing anti ageing properties that prevents the occurrence of free radicals and prevents wrinkles.
With so many qualities, honey sure packs a punch. Let us look at some home remedies for oily skin with honey.
1. Use It As A Moisturizer
This alchemy of bees with its wonderful humectants properties, makes for a better alternative than those store bought moisturizers. Those with oily skin could apply honey on their face and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. This will help retain the moisture without stripping off the skin of its essential oils. Make sure to use the raw honey for oily skin as it has its enzymes and healing properties intact.
2. Use Honey As An Exfoliator
Those with oily skin know how important it is to frequently scrub your skin. Scrub removes excessive oil and dirt from the pores giving a better looking and clearer skin. And what better to use as a natural exfoliator other than honey?
Here are few suggestions that will scrub off the dirt and oil from your skin
- Mixture of honey and baking soda acts as a gentle scrub for oily skin. Use this scrub once or twice a week for oily skin treatment at home.
- One tablespoon of honey along with 2 tablespoons of ground almond and half teaspoon of lemon juice makes for one of the best scrubs. Rub it gently on the skin and wash it off with lukewarm water. This honey face pack for oily skin opens the pores and removes the dirt and oil efficiently.
- Else take 3 tablespoons of honey with half teaspoon of sea salt or sugar. Apply this mixture on the face and give gentle circular motions. Now wash it off with lukewarm water. Put honey scrub for oily skin into practice and get the oil-free skin that you desire.
3. Use It To Treat Your Acne
Like we said earlier, oily skin means sudden breakouts. Use honey for oily skin to pacify those ugly pimples instead of the creams available in the market. It has excellent antibacterial property which helps fight acne and is an effective DIY remedy.
- Apply it over those irksome pimples and leave it overnight. This is also an effective remedy to treat blemishes.
- Alternate remedy includes a face pack consisting of one tablespoon each of honey, milk and turmeric powder mixed along with half tablespoon of lemon. Apply this honey for oily skin acne face pack and let it rest for approximately 30 minutes before you wash it off. While lemon and turmeric aid in eliminating and controlling acnes, milk and honey moisturize the skin undoubtedly.
[Also Read: DIY Pimple Treatment For Oily Skin]
Try The Below Honey Face Masks For Clear And Glowing Skin
4. Honey Face Pack For Oily Skin
Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the most radiant of all? And we are sure the result will be in affirmative after you apply a raw honey mask. This honey face mask is sure to give you a moisturized and glowing skin.
Antibacterial properties of honey coupled with astringent quality of lemon makes for an excellent solution for acne prone oily skin. Honey will fight to cure those pesky pimples while lemon will give you a radiant skin. Apply this mask for a healthy and clean skin.
[Also Read: Toners For Oily Skin]
5. Honey And Oatmeal Mask For Clear Pores
One of the biggest problem of the oily skin is the clogged pores. Excessive oil, dirt and makeup residues lead to the clogged pores. Use honey and oatmeal mask to cleanse your pores. Oatmeal and honey has excellent scrubbing properties. Applying this mask once a week will not only clear the dead cells but it will also give you a rejuvenated skin.
6. Honey Mask For Improving Skin Quality
Oily skin has a tendency of retaining moisture way too long and further seals the bacteria present in the pores. This leads to annoying pimples on the skin. Fret no more about this, as honey is here to balance the issue and improve the skin quality. If you are still contemplating about ‘is honey good for oily skin’, indulge yourself in the face pack below and find it yourselves.
Get the supple skin of your childhood back with this honey mask. Take a tablespoon each of honey and egg white and mix it with half a teaspoon of lemon. Apply this mixture on the face and let it rest for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. This will tighten the skin, makes honey for pimples on oily skin easier to achieve.
7. Honey And Chocolate Mask For Skin Lightening
Got yourself tanned this summer? Worry not as we have an excellent solution with honey for oily face people to get back their skin tone. Use 2 tablespoons of honey along with 1 tablespoon of chocolate powder, 2 tablespoons of milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon and mix them well. Now apply this on your face and let it dry. Wash it off with water and flaunt the glowing skin.
Tips To Remember
- Use organic honey than processed honey for better results and to avoid dangerous side effects.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water before applying honey on the face
- After using honey on the skin, wash your face with cold water to close the cleansed pores.
- Do not use soap right after the application honey face packs.
So here we have spilled the beans on the some of the amazing benefits of honey for oily skin. Try these homemade masks and let us know your thoughts on it
Images Source: pinterest