We do not want you to stay indoors and watch or hide and watch people around you enjoy the festival of colors. What we want you to do is to jig and shake a leg with friends like Deepika and Kalki did playing holi. However, if you are worried about the face and the skin, here are a few Beauty Tips for a Safe Holi which ensures that the damage done to the skin would be less and that you get to enjoy more!
[Also Read: How To Remove Holi Colours]
Beauty Tips For a Safe Holi – a Day Before Holi
Just A day before Holi, please pamper your skin and as much as possible. Follow the below tips for a safe holi.
1. Wash yourself in cold water. Cold water helps to close the pores on the skin, which means the colors in use wouldn’t get into the skin.
2. If you have cuts, nicks, bruises and scratches, we would want you to mix a little honey and coconut oil and rub it onto the skin. Wait for an hour and then wash it off. Coconut oil and honey both have anti-microbial and antioxidant properties in them. The two help the skin hydrate as well and they would help keep the skin safe from the colorants too. Apply the concoction an hour before the game of holi begins, which makes it easy for you to remove the color too. Wash off with cold water only, since warm or hot water solidifies the color on the skin.
You could also use a mix of almond oil with lemon juice and apply it all over the body. This should be done as a regime a week before holi. In doing so, the skin would have total nourishment and would also be blessed with plenty of vitamin C too. Pamper your skin and enjoy the game of colors as you want, because lime and almond oil can help cleanse and keep the skin supple.
4. If you want to use more Beauty Tips for a Safe Holi, what you need to do is to apply curd and besan as a face and body pack twenty four hours before holi. The pack is powerful enough to help soothe the skin, close pores and to remove previous dirt and grime as well. Mix half a cup of besan to quart cup curd and form a paste. Apply the same over the skin and allow it to dry on its own. Once done, you can then gently under cold running water exfoliate the skin and then pat dry. Apply coconut oil to moisturize the skin.
5. Please do not bleach or do facials before holi. This is an important rule to remember on what to do day before holi. Your money would be wasted, since the skin takes time for the bleach or the facials to settle in. If the skin is sensitive, we would ask you to urgently get in touch with a dermatologist or a skin specialist to know which cream can be used before a game of holi.
6. Use cold cream an hour before the game of holi, which helps supple up the skin and close pores. This would also be a way to ensure that your skin stays safe and the color comes off from the skin soon as well.
7. Use lemon oil as a body massage regime to keep the skin safe from the harmful UV rays of the sun and to protect it from the harsh colors too. oiled skin is easier to deal with when removing colors is talked about, than non-oiled skin!
We hope these seven tips on how to have a fabulous holi and how to keep the skin safe comes in handy. Enjoy the holi colour festival and party like there’s no tomorrow!