A very unique pattern and design with each thread stroke through the needle, embroidered work sarees are a trickle down from the ancient days, when craftsmen back in the day with their skills worked on designs and ideas. With the advancement of technology in this day and age, embroidered work sarees are produced in bulk, making it easier and cheaper for the commoner to buy and wear. The costlier ones would always for obvious reasons be the handcrafted embroidered work sarees, since it takes manual labour, energy and time. However, embroidery design sarees, without a doubt are the hautest of the lot when it comes to festival wear. So let’s take a look at the range of chic and trendy embroidered sarees that you could dress up in for the upcoming festivities
On What Fabrics Can The Embroidery Manifest?
Good question here! To be honest, embroidery on the saree material can find its base in just about any fabric. From crepes to chiffons, georgettes to net and even satin too, a skilled artisan finds it easy to create chic and unique patterns on sarees.
It also depends on the event and the purpose where the saree would be worn, and hence curated accordingly too. While most pick up retailed embroidered sarees, there are those that would want to customise the same and get their word on the fabric chosen. This is when designers are brought in for customisations all the way.
The advantages and the disadvantages are told as well, with regard to the fabric. And this makes it easy for you to decide which saree fabric to wear for the climes, the event or the festival gathering.
[Also Read: Embroidery Stitches]
On a general basis, georgettes are mostly seen as the best when it comes to heavily embroidered sarees to wear, and following them are silk, cotton and polyester respectively.
How to Choose Embroidered Sarees For Your Body Frame
- If this is the first time you would be wearing an embroidered saree, you would want to seek help from mom or someone who has experience in draping the garment.
In addition to that, you would need a saree which isn’t too heavy, but an elegant one too. Hence, judge the occasion you have to dress for. If the occasion demands you move a lot, a heavy embroidered saree wouldn’t be the right choice to make.
2. When wearing an embroidered saree, the right blouse type should be worn. This makes the overall appearance neat and sensual, clean and sophisticated too.
A designer blouse is a must to wear, since it would be cut to its prime and made to fit you well. Always remember, if there is too much work done on the hand work embroidery designs sarees chosen, the blouse should be plain or minimally decked up to balance the look.
3. Color wise, you have to be very careful about what you choose. Once again, for happy and peppy events, colors that can be chosen are bright, youthful and vibrant. And most importantly, the same should suit your skin tone too.
A complimenting skin tone would add to the glow of the saree, or else, you may just end up looking like a vagabond amongst other fashionistas around.
4. Experiment with various Hand Embroidered Sarees, before choosing the best amongst the rest to wear at the festivals and events. Light embroideries are the best to wear if you have to pandal hop, move from one location to another or maybe move around to set the puja rituals at home or around.
Heavy sarees are okay to wear if you have an elegant dinner party to attend, where you only have to mingle, socialise and greet people.
5. If you are plus sized, never ever wear netted embroidery sarees that bare the midriff too much. This would bring in unwanted attention to areas you aren’t happy with. Instead. You could wear netted sarees with long sleeved cotton blouses during the summers or velvet blouses during the winters, to make a sophisticated look come through.
Do let us know your ideas on picking and wearing sarees for festivals that have embroidery work on them!