Although bras are bras, there are so many options – there is a maternity bra, a plus-sized bra, and others, that I doubt if there is one exclusively for salwar kameez or sari. There is one for t-shirts for sure!
With the growing fitness culture, thanks to the gyms and health clubs coming up in the metros, the importance of t-shirt bra cannot be ignored. You can say that t-shirt bras is the new fashion staple for divas.
Let us tell you more about it.
What is Unique about the T-shirt Bra
First things first – what is the meaning of t-shirt bra? It is a kind of seamless cup bra. The cups are designed in such a way, that they do not show any lumps, bumps, or textures, through your clothing – so that you can wear it without a doubt under the most form-fitting tight t-shirt or tee.
Components of a T Shirt Bra
What does a t-shirt bra have or doesn’t have? Meaning the differences between t-shirt bra and normal bra.
Let’s find out:
1. Padding: YES, a t-shirt bra may have padding, but this feature is not a must for all patterns. Some t-shirt bras have cups lined with a very thin layer of foam, which gives shaping benefits without adding any bulk. Padding helps prevent the nipples from showing through and more when you are wearing the most lightweight, form-fitting t shirt. For women with small height, the concept of thicker padding at the bottom gives the required lift and shape.
2. Seams: NO! Remember I mentioned “seamless” at the start of the article. A t-shirt bra stands out for its smoothness. This means it will always have seamless cups. Since the primary role of normal to best t shirt bras is to be invisible, and not show any lines under clothing, even if it means a curve-hugging t shirt, the whole purpose of “seams” is not valid for t-shirt bras.
3. Underwire: Well, its usual but not considered as a style requirement of a t-shirt bra. Some t-shirt bra designs are smooth and wire-free.
Benefits of a T-shirt Bra
Ah! Now this is an important point, especially for those readers who are new to the concept of T-shirt bras: The new fashion staple for divas.
How do you benefit from a t shirt bra?
1. No Bra Lines: Designed to be worn with the clingiest tops, a t shirt bra keeps to its promise of never ever showing a line. The cups which are seamless, are bound to look invisible under the clothing you wear.
2. Keeps Modesty Intact: No need to wear nipple covers if you are wearing thin, form-fitting and lightweight t-shirts and tops. The lined cups of t-shirt bras render an opaque layer between your body and your clothing.
3. Shaping: Since most t shirt bras are molded, the thin foam added to the bra’s cups enhances your natural shape. This helps in creating a more rounded look.
Who can wear a T-shirt bra?
Women of all sizes – from small cups and full figure to t-shirt bras for plus size need to know one thing. That a t-shirt bra refers to how the bra is made, and the cup’s features, not a specific cup style.
To get the best fit, ladies wearing a smaller bra size can go in for a t shirt bra with a demi cup, while women wearing a larger cup size can opt for t shirt bra with a full-coverage cup.
If you don’t like the feel of foam padding or synthetic fabric, then a t shirt bra may not be for you.
All in all, it is worth trying on a t shirt bra style —it can fit you well, and might become the most comfortable bra you own.
Do bear in mind that a t shirt bra is not just meant to be worn with t-shirts. You can wear it under almost every piece of clothing in your wardrobe. Try one today!
I hope you know what a t-shirt bra with side support is all about. If you find that your breasts are heavy at the side and less-full in the middle, then a bra with side support gives you superb control and anchorage.
Tips on wearing a T-shirt bra
Yeah, it is important for most of you who are new to the concept of t-shirt bras, to know the tips!
- If you are new to wearing a T shirt bra, have it professionally fitted. It is worthwhile picking the bras that are best-suited to your shape and lifestyle, rather than doing things yourself.
- Moulded bras usually have a convex shape. Since female breasts are not designed to fill the cup completely and entirely, there is often a small space left at the top of the cup/s. Do not be under the misconception that the bra is too big. When you wear the bra, this small space won’t be much noticeable. Similarly, when you put on your bra, you will notice a gap at the bottom of the cups (just above the wires at the base of your bust). This gap just means you need to accommodate your breasts into this space. The better way to do it is to hold the top of the cup with one hand and push the wire up and under your breast with the other.
- How to store them? Either hang them or keep them somewhere with no items placed on top of the cups. Because if you do, then it may affect the mould and cause denting.
I hope many of you found your answers about shirt bras that you were shy to ask. Write in your comments on T-shirt bras: The new fashion staple for divas and tell us your experiences and doubts (if at all).