We have obviously seen women in suits and pants at work or maybe in college and Androgyny fashion, stereotypically was shuddered a decade back because women thought the statements would make them look MANLY. This is a wrong notion that should be done away with, since Androgyny fashion can be made feminine and purely womanly too. Let’s take a look at some of the famous Androgyny fashion statements made by women abroad which we Indian women can adopt.
[Also Read: Ellen De Generes And Her Androgyny Looks To Copy]
13 Androgyny Style And Fashion To Emulate
1. Robust street style fashion with a sense of androgyny style. The look comes about as haute and sensual, playful and daring too. From cropped denim jackets to long overcoats, paired with shirts and skinnies for the bottoms, completing it with a pair of boots too, you could emulate this look for Friday dressing at work.
2. Gender bender fashion statements for formal occasions, client meets and for work can be the haute trends of 2016 in Indian spaces. Plaid shirts, grey three piece suits with a scarf, white boots with suits, cropped tuxedos with formal pants and more, these are a few ways to rock the androgyny fashion statements at work.
3. For party and girls night outs you could emulate androgyny fashion too. Here are a few looks to emulate as shown to us by eminent celebrities from abroad. We love the mix and match of bold red lips with cute suits. This is a feminine way to portray womanhood in an androgyny sense too.
4. Donning menswear has been the norm for women since many decades, but this day and age sees a twist and twirl with feminine charms in androgyny style. Here are a few more looks by celebs that show us how to be utterly feminine and cute in menswear.
5. Prada the brand in its menswear collection some time back had only female androgyny models showcasing their ensembles, and the show was a hit. This can be reason enough for us to look forward and bend the gender norms in fashion too.
6. Pop of colours with Gucci JW Anderson and Meadham- famous brand names in the world of designers and fashion, shows how androgyny fashion has gone ahead with making the gender bender fashion statements a colorful affair.
7. Bold, fierce, daring and with a sense of feminity involved, androgyny fashion in the truest nature has no lines to adhere to and no limits to maintain. You only need to express yourself the way you want, and some of the looks resemble that of fashion editors known for the stern charm as well.
8. Androgyny fashion is all about being chic, trendy and haute, with plenty of feminine charms thrown in. What we see here is minimal makeup, minimal accessories for the neck and the ears, but plenty of attitude and the right charming stance too.
9. Androgyny isn’t only for women in their teens and twenties only, because our divas abroad in their late thirties and above, all the way into the sixties too have rocked red carpet sagas in androgyny style.
10. Super model Cara Delavigne here shows us what the truest form of androgyny fashion is as she attends NYFW2015.
11. Ellen De Generes and her wife, Portia De Rossi shows us how to rock the scene at a casual hangout in androgyny fashion.
12. Red carpets in the past have told us why androgyny fashion is haute and hot, and we don’t beg to differ when seeing the leading ladies model for them and pose for the shutterbugs too.
13. If you thought you saw it all when it comes to androgyny fashion and style in the west, you should be happy to know the same has seeped into our land. Indian celebrities have started going all andro at red carpet sagas, men too!
Do write in and let us know your thoughts about the androgynous style tips we brought forth!