We must admit that 2016 has shown us exhilarating styles in every arena of fashion and beauty. To be more precise, this year, the beauty experts excelled in creating head-turning trends with their expertise.
Since we are sailing in the throwback zone, let us bring to you this fuss-free hairdo that our favorite celebs rocked this year with tips and tricks on how to carry them.
The slick, sleek hairdo has its own highs and lows, and to make it work on you, you will need sheer confidence and attitude. While the beachy waves and the bouncy twirls add volume to your look, the sleek hairdo makes the contour of the face prominent.
Who better than Deepika to flaunt the chiseled jaw line-
[Also Read: Deepika Padukone]
Deepika Padukone, all year long went upscale with her hairdos. Mostly with the hair off her face, she looked bold and confident. Here is a collection of her styles that will freeze your gaze-
- At Ambani’s party, to a classic gold and white Rohit Bal sari, she chose to go with the sleek updo that oozed royalty. Careful when you pick this style because it might end up looking greasy if it is not done with finesse.
She worked similar fashion at the NDTV Indian of the Year event. To Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla sari, she did the classic mid-parted sleek bun style. With a pop of red with the roses and lip.
- Her Filmfare appearance in Ralph & Russo taught us, that, when the outfit is extravagant, keep the hairdo fuzz-free.
- While for the former Ralph & Russo couture, she went with a sleek updo, the latter outfit from the same label saw a breathable sleek hairdo. With her hair pulled back and left open neatly, she carried the gorgeous gown beautifully.
- When the neckline is loaded or if you would like to show off your statement choker neckpiece, opt for this totally manageable sleek hairdo. Deepika in Sabyasachi for the Giant Awards is a perfect example that speaks for this thought.
- Lastly, if you are skeptical about letting your hair down or pinning it into a bun, take up this style showcased by Deepika. At the Big Awards, to the Sabyasachi outfit, she brushed her hair mid-parted and into a ponytail. The ponytail was given a subtle volume that balanced the sleek finish of the crown.
The global icon of 2016, PeeCee, even while on move, paid attention to her hairdos. Lying flat on the crown, this hairdo can make your look bland, and boring. But Priyanka embraced this trend and showed us how to pull this off with ease.
- For the Stardust Awards, she worked out this bold hairstyle miraculously. She picked an ethnic overloaded Anamika Khanna jacket and pants, and let her hair off the hook. This style will work wonders when you have a heavy outfit to carry.
- Fancy a wet sleek hairdo? Do it PeeCee way and nail it. For the InStyle Awards, the gorgeous diva went with the just-out-of-shower wet look and rocked it grandly. The sleek and shine hair, with the Haider Ackermann one-shouldered satin top added a glossy finish to her style.
- Balancing the fashion with beauty is an art that PeeCee wonderfully mastered. The boxy trench dress from Carolina Herrera’s collection was matched perfectly with sleek and high ponytail. Define your facial features with this hairdo when you opt for anti-fit outfits.
- If you have a wide forehead and wondering how to ape this hairdo, check out PeeCee’s style at the Emmy Awards. To a flowing red Jason Wu gown, she picked a side-parted hairdo that looked smart and sophisticated.
More than films, Sonam Kapoor was spotted making grand appearances at charity events, award ceremonies, and launch parties. If you have followed the lookbook of the diva this year, you will notice that she mostly went ahead with the sleek bun styles. Here are a few of her sharp and chic styles –
- Working a glossy finish from head to toe is not quite easy. But Sonam effortlessly pulled this off at the Masala Awards in Dubai. To the Caroline Hayden silk gown, she chose to add more shine and gloss with the sleek bun hairdo. Luckily for the diva, it worked in her favor.
- Be it western body-con gowns or flowing ethnic lehengas, her sleek bun style never fails to add charm to her look. For the Diwali party this year, she picked royal Anamika Khanna outfit and pinned her tresses into a slick bun. This makes the perfect hairstyle for a friend’s wedding or sangeet party, don’t you think?
- A totally smart, bossy and work look was delivered by the diva at the MAMI Mumbai Film Festival with her tight, sleek updo. Outfit courtesy: Dice Kayek
- This year, Cannes saw the best of the diva in gorgeous outfits. She went classy and elegant in a Ralph & Russo couture with her sleek hairdo. We noticed that Sonam plays a smart fashion game by keeping the fashion brands upfront with her minimalistic beauty theme.
- So far you have seen her sleek bun styles but here we have a refreshing sleek hairdo that she showcased at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne. While Priyanka chose to pin her tresses for an overloaded Anamika Khanna outfit, Sonam chose to let it fall neat and easy. And she rocked it glamorously.
Anushka has always made our hearts flutter with her minimalist approach to styling. 2016 was purely eventful and filmy for the diva, giving us numerous opportunities to admire her flawless styles. Movie promotions to award ceremonies, she rolled out easy, doable and chic styles with her lovely locks.
- She brought beauty to black with her wet, sleek hairdo at the Stardust Awards. Going zero with accessories, she kept the look rooted to the Gaurav Gupta outfit and her out-of-shower hair do.
- Flaunt your sensuous back like Anushka in the ethnic wear. She picked a Manish Malhotra sari for her movie promotions. She enhanced the beauty of the outfit by rolling up her tresses into a sleek bun creating an envious vision of her sizzling back. This is totally worth a shot ladies!!
- Anushka Sharma proves strongly that movie nights would be comfortable with a casual sleek updo. Outfit courtesy: Urvashi Kaur
- A Sabyasachi outfit calls for elegance in every form and Anushka did justice to the outfit with her sleek mid-parted classic hairdo.
Sleek hairdos are often adopted to bring maturity and sophistication to the look. Alia Bhatt, the young talented actress chose the slick hairdo on various occasions this year and amazed us with the mature, bold looks.
[Also Read: Alia Bhatt]
- At the recent Filmfare Press meet, we were pleasantly surprised to see Alia pull off glamorously, the wet slick hairdo in a Lulu & Sky strapless denim outfit. She definitely aced it. If you are unsure about pulling it off as flawlessly as Alia, add chunky statement pieces to balance the look.
- Partying will be much easier with frizz-free hair and Alia knows it best. To her sequin party outfit by Manish Malhotra, she chose to go with the sleek mid-parted hairdo. The hairstyle changed her chirpy, bubbly look into a bold, matured one.
- Alia followed suit of her peers and paired a sleek bun style with the sheer Manish Malhotra sari. Try this cute style for your friend’s wedding and bag all the compliments.
- Edgy and razor-sharp was the diva in Lavish Alice romper with her hair pulled back into a pony. This is a sizzling twist to the LBD look, don’t you think?
Now that the divas have inspired us enough, let us not spend too much time on getting bouncy curls or waves, but opt for the sleek hairdo.
Try this classic style and share with us your experience!
Images Source: instagram