Summer weddings are usually quite pleasant as long as the weather is not too harsh. On the wedding day, the bride wants to look her best (obviously). During this period, many brides look for effective skin treatments that fulfill the criteria for bright, glowing skin. Two such treatment options are Ultherapy and Thermage.
Thermage has been in use since 2002, while Ultherapy has been introduced in 2009. Both treatments work to stimulate collagen production from skin’s deepest layers. They help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, skin folds, and creases on the face.
Ultherapy For Summer:
Ultherapy is an effective skin treatment. But before proceeding to learn more about Ultherapy, let us learn the difference between Ultherapy and Thermage
Ultherapy vs. Thermage:
The ultherapy treatment is a non-surgical method which lifts and tones sagging skin naturally from inside. This non-invasive method is FDA-approved and is completely safe. Your skin will be firmer, younger, and fresher within the first treatment session. On the other hand, Thermage makes use of radio frequency waves to induce heat into the skin. Both of these treatments are highly effective to treat skin from inside out. But Ultherapy is FDA-approved while Thermage is not.
- You may safely use Ultherapy on areas of skin, like brow, eye corners, under chin, neck, and décolletage. Thermage is used on face, like jawline, eyes, and lips.
- While performing Ultherapy treatment, the dermatologist treating you may monitor the skin levels where the sound waves are reaching. But, in the case of Thermage it is not possible to keep the temperature of the radio frequency under control.
- When choosing Ultherapy and Thermage, remember that Ultherapy does not have any side effects. It has no side effects, no downtime, and causes no discomfort.
- If you are opting for Ultherapy treatment, then expect a single session for face and neck to last about 60-90 minutes. And the décolletage to last for 30 minutes. Thermage sessions can last for 45 minutes to an hour depending on skin areas.
- You will see results after Ultherapy treatment within 2-3 months, while Thermage results can be seen in a period of six months.
- Thermage treatments do not provide drastic changes while Ultherapy can give your skin a gradual lift.
[Also Read: 10 Factors To Consider When Getting Plastic Surgery]
If you plan on choosing Ultherapy procedure, then it’s essential to read ultherapy reviews before drawing to a conclusion. After you’re ready to take the next step, schedule a free consultation with an experienced practitioner or dermatologist.
Brides wishing for a smooth, flawless skin can opt for Ultherapy it has no side effects. Also, if your wedding day is just 2-3 months away, then Ultherapy will be a better option because they do not have any downtime period for recovery. You can read ahead to learn more about Ultherapy.
What is Ultherapy:
Ultherapy is a nonsurgical substitute for a facelift. It is used for counteracting ageing signs, like wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin on face, neck, chest, and eye brow area. The FDA-approved technology stimulates collagen production to the skin, to reveal a more youthful skin overall. The recognition of nonsurgical skin tightening procedures, like Ultherapy, has been growing consistently over the past years, with a rapid increase from 2015-16.
How Ultherapy Works:
Ultherapy works beneath the skin with the help of focused ultrasound energy and right the temperature. This can help to boost collagen production. The heat energy coming from the applicator is then focused at different areas, affecting three layers, such as muscle, skin, and superficial wrinkles. The ultrasound energy can stimulate collagen production and elastic tissue which then results in firmer skin, fewer wrinkles, and less sagging.
How To Prepare Before Taking Ultherapy:
Preparing yourself for the procedure is minimal. You should maintain your daily diet and exercise routines before and after the treatment.
Just before the treatment, you should remove all traces of makeup and other skin care products from the target areas, like face, neck, and chest. Some health providers may also provide painkillers of anti-inflammatory medicines before the start of the treatment.
These medications may affect your driving abilities for a short while. Therefore, always have someone to drop you home safely.
Procedure For Ultherapy:
Your health physician or laser technician will clean the areas upon which they plan on working. The area is cleansed for any oil or residue. After that, an ultrasound gel is applied over the skin. The ultherapy device is placed against the skin, and the laser technician uses an ultrasound viewer to adjust the device accordingly. The ultrasound energy is then delivered to the target area. You may experience quick, intermittent feelings of heat and tingling during the treatment period.
Painkillers can be provided to relieve any signs of discomfort. At the end of the session, the applicator is removed.
The procedure can last up to 90 minutes, depending on the treatment option. For example, ultherapy treatment on the chest takes 30 minutes, while ultherapy for neck and face can take 60-90 minutes.
Target Areas For Ultherapy:
Ultherapy is commonly used on the face, neck, and chest. Other target areas are ultherapy under eyes, under the skin, and décolletage (chest area). Other custom treatment procedures should be discussed during your consultation with an Ultherapy provider.
Ultherapy Side Effects:
- Heat sensation and tingling normally subsides soon after the treatment.
- The focused skin areas can sometimes become red or flushed post-treatment for few hours.
- You may experience short-term sensations, like swelling, tingling, and tenderness.
- In rare cases, there may be bruising or numbness. But these symptoms quickly subside after a few days of the procedure.
Cost Of Ultherapy:
The cost of Ultherapy may be determined by several factors including the target areas being treated, number of sessions completed, and geographical location.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the average cost for a non-surgical skin tightening procedure like Ultherapy was $1802 in 2016. In comparison to other treatment options like a facelift, which estimated an average of $7503, Ultherapy proved to be less expensive. The exact cost of Ultherapy may differ from person to person or case to case.
Therefore, you should consult an Ultherapy professional for a better understanding of cost and other details. They will be able to provide you with a better idea of how much the entire procedure will cost you after examination
Results Of Ultherapy:
There is hardly any recovery period for Ultherapy. You may resume with daily activities, like work, exercise routines, and socializing right after the treatment. However, you will have to wait for few days to start noticing ultherapy before and after treatment depending on your body’s ability to produce new collagen. You may see noticeable improvement continually for up to three months after Ultherapy procedure.
How Long Does Ultherapy Last:
The results can last for as long as your body continues to produce new collagen and until the natural ageing process takes over again.
Depending on your skin’s response to Ultherapy, your health provider can decide if you require additional sessions to improve your skin texture.
Facts About Ultherapy:
- The treatment is a non-surgical ultrasound technology used for boosting collagen production and tightening skin.
- It uses pulsing heat energy for lifting and tightening skin on face, neck, and chest.
- Improves the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2009 for noninvasive eyebrow lift, noninvasive neck, and sub-mental area (under chin) lift, it also improves lines and wrinkles of the chest area.
- In year 2016, around 526,000 non-surgical skin tightening procedures, like Ultherapy, were conducted.
- The procedure lasts between 30-90 minutes.
- There is no use for incisions or general anesthesia while undergoing ultherapy.
- There is minimal preparation required for undergoing this treatment.
- The Ultherapy pain is minimal and three is no recovery period in most cases.
- The average cost of ultherapy and similar procedures in 2016 was $1802.
- According to a clinical study, 65% of patients showed improvement within 60-180 days after treatment.
- Around 67% of patients were satisfied with the results post 90 days of treatment. There is less ultherapy risk involved.
Now, you know all about ultherapy. If you have tried it before please share your experience with us here. Do let us know in the comments box below if you are going to give this skin treatment a shot before your big day this summer.