Home » Health » When is It Is Time to Visit Your Gynaecologist

When is It Is Time to Visit Your Gynaecologist

by Fashionlady
Time to Visit Your Gynaecologist

It Is Time of Visit Your Gynaecologist
We understand that you feel a little embarrassed and awkward when you think about making an appointment with a gynaecologist. The idea of having someone else inspect your private parts and discuss about what you consider your ‘personal business’ can be nerve wracking. But the fact of the matter is that putting off a visit to the gynaecologist or ignoring potential problems and being in denial can lead to unnecessary and sometimes even fatal consequences. So set aside your squeamishness and instead enlighten yourself of all the instances in which you should pick up the phone and make an appointment to see your gynaecologist.

An Itch in Your Private Parts

Before you get embarrassed about it, let me tell you that you are not the first woman to face this issue and you will most definitely not be the last one to do so. There is absolutely nothing for you to feel embarrassed about. If there is any itching or a burning sensation in your vaginal area, you need to immediately visit your gynaecologist. An itch can be a symptom of a vaginal yeast or bacterial infection, or it can be a sign of a Urinary Tract Infection or an STD. The sooner you get it diagnosed, the sooner it can be treated and the sooner you will be relieved from the uncomfortable itching or burning sensation.

Frequent or Unusual Discharge

Vaginal discharge is quite normal and nothing to get alarmed about. In fact, vaginal discharge is the body’s way of cleaning itself and making sure your vaginal area stays healthy and clean. While some vaginal discharge is expected and considered normal, frequent vaginal discharge could be a sign of a vaginal yeast infection. And while there are home remedies to naturally cure vaginal discharge, if there is frequent discharge or if the discharge is discoloured with a yellowish or grey tint to it, then it is time to see your gynaecologist.

Painful Periods

Some women have painful periods for no reason. There is heavy cramps and even hot flash episodes. While this could just be how your body is tuned, it is always a good thing to get it checked with your gynaecologist to determine that there are no other hormonal complications. Sometimes painful periods can be contained if not cured. So talk to your gynaecologist about it in detail.

Visit Your Gynaecologist in Painful Periods

Source: drgaryswift.com.au

Heavy Bleeding

Heavy bleeding during periods is one condition most women tend to ignore. While a little heavy bleeding on the first two days is considered normal, heavy bleeding for six consecutive days can be very taxing on the body. Your gynaecologist will not only determine the cause of it and see if it can be treated, they will also provide you with iron and vitamin supplements to keep your body in good form before, during and after the heavy bleeding episodes.


Difficulty While Peeing

If you experience any discomfort or pain while peeing, or are having trouble controlling or holding in the urine, then it is time to see your gynaecologist. From UTI to weakened pelvic muscles, there are a number of reasons for why you face difficulty while peeing. Get it sorted out ASAP with your gynaecologist.

[Also Read: The Truth Behind the Colour of Your Urine]

Visit Your Gynaecologist

Source: beautyhealthtips.in

Any Other Unusual Symptoms

Our body is a complex mechanism that needs to function like a well-oiled machine for optimum performance. The minute something is wrong, our body tries to communicate this to us by giving us hints by way of symptoms and signs. So being aware of any unusual symptoms is the first step to taking good care of our body.

From pain during sex to finding a lump or boil in your pelvic region to pain in the abdomen or pelvic region, anything unusual needs to be checked out by your gynaecologist.

It is also recommended that you consult a gynaecologist before making any changes to your current routine. So if you want to go on the birth control pill or want to switch from pads to tampons or menstural cups, do talk to you gynaecologist and get their suggestion on the topic.

You may also like

Leave a Comment